Nick f@&$ing Bolton

1 hour ago, xen said:

That's just one thread.  😅

Glad I was wrong.  But let’s not act like there wasn’t plenty of scouts with those same concerns about his coverage ability.  Still not sure he’s great there but he has a knack for the ball and is a huge upgrade over Hitchens.   

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Glad I was wrong.  But let’s not act like there wasn’t plenty of scouts with those same concerns about his coverage ability.  Still not sure he’s great there but he has a knack for the ball and is a huge upgrade over Hitchens.   

I said it at the time and I'll say it again, the concerns were way overblown and he can do everything Spags asks our MLB to do in coverage.  Is he Gay in coverage?  No but few are that athletic and can play.  Bolton is one of those guys that makes up for it with superior processing and the scouts with those concerns were morons or didn't watch much of his film.

20 minutes ago, xen said:

I said it at the time and I'll say it again, the concerns were way overblown and he can do everything Spags asks our MLB to do in coverage.  Is he Gay in coverage?  No but few are that athletic and can play.  Bolton is one of those guys that makes up for it with superior processing and the scouts with those concerns were morons or didn't watch much of his film.

Look,  I still don’t love drafting a LB there.    However, he’s played great and looks to be a stud MLB for us for the next decade.  I don’t think his coverage concerns were or are overblown.  He has struggled in zone coverage but I think he’s gotten better and his overall game is really good.   I was definitely wrong about him overall and I’m glad we have that position locked up.   I also wish he got more run that he is getting, even though that is increasing.

I will admit when I’m wrong and I’m wrong quite often.  I love to be wrong when it means the Chiefs are better off.  

Im also all over the place in the game day thread.  I don’t really care either.  I normally don’t live anywhere near a Chiefs fan so it’s my place to let off steam.  I love this board and enjoy the banter and back and forth.  I’m sure I said far worse about a pick who has turned out great.   It is what it is.  

I don’t have the energy to dig up bad takes to make an “I was right you were wrong” thread either.   You were right….I’m glad you were.   The Chiefs are better for it, and that’s all that matters!   Go Chiefs!

I was excited to see us drafting a sure tackler who seemed to have a high football IQ. But I was also thinking a WR like Terrance Marshall Jr would be a great at the time.  Looks like we picked wisely as he's not done anything this year, not sure if it's Carolina or him unable to transition to the NFL. Love watching Bolton play...once he has them, they aren't getting away.

54 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Look,  I still don’t love drafting a LB there.    However, he’s played great and looks to be a stud MLB for us for the next decade.  I don’t think his coverage concerns were or are overblown.  He has struggled in zone coverage but I think he’s gotten better and his overall game is really good.   I was definitely wrong about him overall and I’m glad we have that position locked up.   I also wish he got more run that he is getting, even though that is increasing.

I will admit when I’m wrong and I’m wrong quite often.  I love to be wrong when it means the Chiefs are better off.  

Im also all over the place in the game day thread.  I don’t really care either.  I normally don’t live anywhere near a Chiefs fan so it’s my place to let off steam.  I love this board and enjoy the banter and back and forth.  I’m sure I said far worse about a pick who has turned out great.   It is what it is.  

I don’t have the energy to dig up bad takes to make an “I was right you were wrong” thread either.   You were right….I’m glad you were.   The Chiefs are better for it, and that’s all that matters!   Go Chiefs!

Wasn't trying to single you out and you weren't the only one.  I was just resurrecting this to remind people to not take the online analysts so seriously on draft day.  People get genuinely upset and it's not necessary or healthy.

Plus I wanted to rag on @mex some for his shitty take 🤣

1 hour ago, xen said:

Wasn't trying to single you out and you weren't the only one.  I was just resurrecting this to remind people to not take the online analysts so seriously on draft day.  People get genuinely upset and it's not necessary or healthy.

Plus I wanted to rag on @mex some for his shitty take 🤣

What shitty take? I went back through my posts to see which ones you're referring... but I got to admit every single one of those posts are FUCKING BRILLIANT.

I'd hit the like button on every one of them if I could. In fact, think I'm gonna create a burner account... just so I can bump my ratings and shitpoast.

• 1 year later...