Hill, Fenton ,Kelce, Ward, Butker , Bell on Covid List & More to Come

Chiefs placed Travis Kelce on the reserve/COVID list. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kelce is vaccinated, so there remains a chance he is activated before Sunday's matchup with the Steelers under the new COVID protocols. That said, the fact he is vaccinated and still heading to the COVID list means he tested positive. The fantasy playoffs just keep getting worse.

• The title was changed to Kelce on Covid List & Other KC Covid Updates

In his first media session since immediately after the game, head coach Andy Reid said that he's trying to be optimistic that Gay, Jones and Gordon would be able to return to the active roster this week — with the Chiefs due to take on the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

"Well, I'm hoping," said Reid, via Zoom. "Listen, I'm hoping they're going to be there. We just got to see how it goes. There's a matrix of things that you've got to work out. That's where Rick comes in."

Chiefs placed CB Charvarius Ward on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

ESPN's Adam Schefter added that Ward tested positive for COVID. The NFL's new COVID rules make it easier to return within the week if a player is vaccinated but it's still possible that Ward missed Week 16. The Chiefs host Pittsburgh this week. Ward has eight pass defenses and an interception across ten games this year.

Chiefs placed K Harrison Butker on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Butker tested positive for COVID. If he's vaccinated, the new rules give him a better chance at returning for Week 16. The Chiefs currently have Elliott Fry on their practice squad. If Butker can't clear COVID protocols before Sunday, Fry should draw the start. Fry connected on his first and only career field goal attempt with the Falcons last year.

• The title was changed to Kelce, Ward, Butker on Covid List & Other KC Covid Updates

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

why cant these children sit their stupid asses at home for the next few weeks? Give me their $$ and I'd lock my self in a 4x4 closet for 6 weeks

Super Bowl will be played with at least 1 back up QB ..mark my words

One guy & a plane trip together can do it.

Since Kelce is vaccinated, there is a decent chance he could still suit up to play against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.

The NFL’s new protocol — agreed to over the weekend — helps Kelce’s case.

The biggest alteration is NFL players who test positive for COVID can now get back into their team facilities as quickly as one day later if they meet this standard: If a player has been previously vaccinated and is asymptomatic for a period of 24 hours, they need only one negative test and one negative rapid-result swab to return to team activities. Under this new guideline, players can also begin re-testing immediately following the 24-hour asymptomatic period. Previously, vaccinated players who tested positive for COVID could begin retesting only after a five-day period and required two negative test results.

The Chiefs signed placekicker Elliot Fry to their practice squad last week — and on Monday, he was activated to the roster. Meanwhile, tight end Jody Fortson — who was moved from injured reserve to the Reserve/COVID list on December 10 — was moved back to the Reserve/Injured list on Monday.

Kelce, Ward, Butker and Dieter joined Chris Jones, Willie Gay Jr. and Josh Gordon to make seven Chiefs players on the Reserve/COVID-19 list, though the Chiefs are optimistic that Jones, Gay and Gordon will return for Sunday’s game. The Chiefs will need to see how midweek testing goes for Kelce and Ward. Butker is unlikely to play, which is why the Chiefs moved Fry to the 53-man roster.

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

why cant these children sit their stupid asses at home for the next few weeks? Give me their $$ and I'd lock my self in a 4x4 closet for 6 weeks

Super Bowl will be played with at least 1 back up QB ..mark my words

they could have caught it from the Charger players

the problem ain't the players, it's the constant testing of vaccinated players

at some point, they just gotta let 'em play

we're never going to eradicate covid, and if the vaxxes aren't working, then fuck it... life goes on

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Facccck! This is exactly what we don’t need. 
It’s going to be tough to lock up 1 seed. 

I still dont care about the #1 seed. The talking heads make it sound so critical. Improves ratings? Just win the west and then see what happens.