Hill, Fenton ,Kelce, Ward, Butker , Bell on Covid List & More to Come

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Not going to Foxboro in January is huge.  Huge huge

But who knows if that will happen. NE is way over rated and has a rookie QB.  I bet they are one & done.    Mahomes plays well in cold weather. Remember that snow game? 

52 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

But who knows if that will happen. NE is way over rated and has a rookie QB.  I bet they are one & done.    Mahomes plays well in cold weather. Remember that snow game? 

Nobody knows obviously. But with number 1 they just need 1 home win to host the afccg.  And a rookie quarterback is gonna play better there  guessing 

21 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Nobody knows obviously. But with number 1 they just need 1 home win to host the afccg.  And a rookie quarterback is gonna play better there  guessing 

Thats assuming they get the #1. Titans are just as likely if not KC. I think NE will not win a play off game. My point is its not critical to get the #1 seed. An advantage sure. But I dont think its do or die. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

No. They are tied now and patriots have the head to head.  It's not a done deal but not a level playing field either 

NO? NO WHAT? Todays standings are not the final standings. 3 games left. Titans could go 3-0 and NE lose a game just as easy as anyone else. KC has the more difficult 3 games with a one game lead but loses the tie breakers. Yes its completely up in the air.

I still think NE does not get the #1 and if they do they are one & done anyway. Im not betting on it but thats my take. KC could still host three playoff games if not the first seed.

I do think KC will have the #1 seed but its not critical to me. We simply disagree.

Chiefs placed Tyreek Hill on the reserve/COVID list.

Cornerback Rashad Fenton, TE Blake Bell, and Hill will join Travis Kelce and K Harrison Butker on the COVID list with others reportedly "likely coming." Amid a cluster ahead of Sunday's matchup against the Steelers, it's entirely possible this matchup is the pick to move to Tuesd

• The title was changed to Hill, Fenton ,Kelce, Ward, Butker , Bell on Covid List & More to Come
30 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs placed Tyreek Hill on the reserve/COVID list.

Cornerback Rashad Fenton, TE Blake Bell, and Hill will join Travis Kelce and K Harrison Butker on the COVID list with others reportedly "likely coming." Amid a cluster ahead of Sunday's matchup against the Steelers, it's entirely possible this matchup is the pick to move to Tuesd

Momentum Killer? Team was starting to roll in all phases.

They better delay the game, like they did CLE/LV

EDIT:

Looks like 20 is the magic number to get rescheduled. So far we're at 7, but it's 7 of our most valuable players. Fuck me.

NFL postpones three Week 15 games due to COVID-19 surge

Published: Dec 17, 2021 at 03:17 PM

Headshot_Author_Nick-shook_1400x1000

Nick Shook

Around The NFL Writer

•  
  •  
  •  

A surge in COVID-19 cases across the NFL and United States as a whole has resulted in the postponement of multiple Week 15 games.

The league announced Friday that Saturday's game between the Las Vegas Raiders and the Cleveland Browns has been moved to Monday, while Sunday's meetings between the Washington Football Team and the Philadelphia Eagles, and the Seattle Seahawks and the Los Angeles Rams have been moved to Tuesday.

Raiders-Browns will air exclusively at 5 p.m. ET on NFL Network. Washington-Eagles and Seahawks-Rams will air at 7 p.m. ET on FOX.

"We have made these schedule changes based on medical advice and after discussion with the NFLPA as we are seeing a new, highly transmissible form of the virus this week resulting in a substantial increase in cases across the league," the NFL announced in a statement.

"We continue to make decisions in consultation with medical experts to ensure the health and safety of the NFL community."

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to all 32 teams explaining Friday's changes to the schedule.

"The emergence of the Omicron variant is precisely the kind of change that warrants a flexible response," Goodell wrote in a memo obtained by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero.

Cleveland has seen a significant amount of positive COVID-19 cases since it last took the field Sunday, with more than 20 players currently on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Backup quarterback Case Keenum joined starter Baker Mayfield on the list after testing positive Thursday. Nick Mullenswill start for the Browns if neither Mayfield or Keenum can return from the reserve/COVID-19 list in time for a game that will now take place Monday. Head coach Kevin Stefanski and running backs coach Ryan Cordell are also currently unavailable because of COVID-19.

The Los Angeles Rams are also dealing with a significant COVID-19 outbreak, placing nine players on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Thursday to bring their total of players on the list to 21, with four more on the practice squad reserve/COVID-19 list. Linebacker Von Miller was the most notable addition Thursday. L.A. then added four more players to their COVID list Friday.

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey missed Monday night's win over the Cardinals due to a positive test. Receiver Odell Beckham landed on the list Tuesday.

Washington quarterback Taylor Heinicke ended up on the reserve/COVID-19 list Friday following a positive test. Backup Kyle Allen is already on the reserve/COVID-19 list, prompting Washington to sign Garrett Gilbert off the Patriots' practice squad. Washington also signed Jordan Ta'amu to the practice squad this week, where he joined Kyle Shurmur, the expected starter if Heinicke and Allen are unable to play Tuesday. The Football Team currently has more than 20 players in COVID-19 protocol.

The NFL on Thursday announced updated protocols, which include fully vaccinated players being allowed to return from quarantine a day after testing positive provided they produce two negative tests within 24 hours and are also asymptomatic.

The updated protocols also included changes to interaction between coaches, players and others in team facilities, prohibiting in-person meetings for Tier 1 and Tier 2 individuals (including coaches and players) unless they are held outdoors or in the team's practice bubble with physical distancing included. Masking is also required indoors for all players and staff, including in the weight room, regardless of vaccination status. Restrictions on activity outside the facility have also increased, prohibiting Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff and players from public appearances or team- or player-organized charity events and gathering in groups of more than three individuals outside of the facility.

The updated protocols came as a response to a change in the COVID-19 landscape and are intended to "address the increase in cases and the advent of the Omicron variant." NFL Network's Judy Battista reported Wednesday that roughly 100 players recently tested positive for COVID-19 over a three-day span. Thirty-two players were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Friday alone. The continued increase in placement of players on the reserve/COVID-19 list reflects this spike in positive tests.

At this point, if you include both active roster and practice squad players, the Chiefs have a total of 10 guys who have tested positive for COVID-19 and have been placed on the reserve list in response. If that sounds like a lot, it is. It’s approximately 20 percent of the team.       The downside is that it’s going to get worse.

The Kansas City Chiefs and Pittsburgh Steelers are likely glued to TV and Twitter trying to figure out what to expect.

Reporters are saying that more names are likely coming in the hours to come as the NFL will release an official list by day’s end. As for Pittsburgh, they have a single player, defensive tackle Montravius Adams, on their COVID list. That competitive imbalance will likely create some momentum to move the game forward a bit to see if some players who are now out could bounce back in time.

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

COVID party, get it all over with and go into playoffs with it behind them. Has there been any NFL player hospitalizations due to COVID? Never hear about it, only positive cases.

With more holidays this is likely to get completely out of hand all over the NFL. Seems like teams that traveled recently are most infected.

15 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

hCOVID party, get it all over with and go into playoffs with it behind them. Has there been any NFL player hospitalizations due to COVID? Never hear about it, only positive cases.

the problem is they are testing asymptomatic players, and I had heard that policy was supposed to stop. 

I don't see the point, if people who have been vaxxed are not only getting infected, but are testing positive a SECOND time. 

it's lunacy

I think the Steelers added an OG to their COVID list today.  That wouldn't be significant unless it the beginning of an outbreak on their team.  This may cost the Chiefs home field in the playoffs but the infestation should be in the mirror by playoff time.  Bad news, but not the end of the season.