Hill, Fenton ,Kelce, Ward, Butker , Bell on Covid List & More to Come

12 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I was reading that teams in intensive protocol will rest all personnel daily regardless of vaccine status. I have a bad feeling we may see a lot more test positive in the following days.  I have a bad feeling we may end up having 20+ players out. 

Did Cleveland have 20 players out…. Or is it 20 players from both teams?

I read something about how athletes are more susceptible to catching the flu, and cold. I think their immune system is weakened do to the physical exertion. (not sure thats exactly right) 

That's why many of them get the flu during the season, and since it's more contagious, covid.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Chiefs K Harrison Butker (COVID) is not vaccinated and will not play Week 16 against the Steelers.

Butker will have to isolate for 10 days dating back to Monday after testing positive. He could be cleared in time for the Week 17 date with the Bengals. In Butker's absence, Elliott Fry is expected to serve as the Chiefs' kicker this week.

Chiefs activated WR Josh Gordon from the reserve/COVID list.

With Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce still on the list, Gordon could be in for a much bigger role against the Steelers if Hill and/or Kelce don't gain clearance in time for Sunday. Gordon has four catches for 27 yards and one touchdown since joining the Chiefs but has seen his snaps rise in recent weeks.

Reporters had already observed that two of the team’s starters who went into last Thursday’s game against the Los Angeles Chargers on the COVID list — linebacker Willie Gay Jr. and wide receiver Josh Gordon — were on the field for Wednesday’s practice; Reid confirmed that they had cleared the protocols. He also confirmed that cornerback L’Jarius Sneed was back to practice.

Another player who has been missing for a while — defensive end Joshua Kaindoh, who has been on the team’s Reserve/Injured list with an ankle injury since October 5 — had also observed back on the practice field. Reid said that as of Wednesday, the fourth-round rookie has indeed been designated for a return to practice — which opens a three-week window for him to be activated to the roster — but wouldn’t go much beyond that.

“He’s made great progress, so we’re glad that he’s back and healthy — and going,” said Reid. “We’ll just see how things go here.”

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Doesn't he get to play if he has 2 negative tests back to back or did they change that rule? 

Honestly I have no idea... the rules change as they see fit...

It's all about the virtue-signaling, pleasing the players' union, then wondering why overall attendance/viewership/revenues are down.

29 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i heard yesterday that he is not vaxxed at all

That was his point... he's asymptomatic... and not allowed to play because of his vax status... 

meanwhile, he knows players who are 100% vaxxed and sick as dogs

can't blame him for being pissed

Looks like corona Karens will determine the playoffs and probably the SB winner this year. 

Players have always played through injury and illness. It’s part of the deal. But, this isn’t about that. It’s about virtue signaling and an entire industry groveling before unelected and unaccountable authoritarians, terrified of incurring the wrath of a media intoxicated with the power of fear. 

If Goodell had any nads, he would ignore the mandates and let the players play. But, the SJWs removed his manhood years ago. And now the Chiefs are paying the price. 

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

i heard yesterday that he is not vaxxed at all

So is it something like a 1 game ban regardless of the negative test if the player isn't vaccinated? I would imagine they would be clearer about the whole thing after Rodgers' mess. 

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Looks like corona Karens will determine the playoffs and probably the SB winner this year. 

Players have always played through injury and illness. It’s part of the deal. But, this isn’t about that. It’s about virtue signaling and an entire industry groveling before unelected and unaccountable authoritarians, terrified of incurring the wrath of a media intoxicated with the power of fear. 

If Goodell had any nads, he would ignore the mandates and let the players play. But, the SJWs removed his manhood years ago. And now the Chiefs are paying the price. 

the soap box is for the LR..not that I disagree witcha