Hill, Fenton ,Kelce, Ward, Butker , Bell on Covid List & More to Come

28 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

Just read Jones is back at practice. If we can get Ward or Fenton back for Sunday, our defense should be in decent shape. Who knows what our offense will look like...

I'm coming around to the thought of having O players  not names Hill or Kelce playing ..Patrick needs to realize there are others out there

This is such a screwed up deal.  I only wonder how this message board would be dealing with it if it wasn't more about politics than it is the other factors...

I'm torn personally.  On one hand, we all know that players have played through the flu and other contagious illnesses over the years.  On the other hand, can you imagine the "what if" scenario where players/coaches didn't get vaccinated and some players died?

There's selfishness involved of course.  I personally think that all players are adults and can make their own choices.  On the other hand, can you imagine some practice squad player coming in, infecting a team and either killed a franchise player or they had that longterm heart/lung stuff that's out there that kept the player from ever being the same again? 

These are the things that rattle around in my head about all this, lol...  I'm not too worried about it all myself, but damn, if i got a family member sick and they died i'd never forgive myself...

12 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

This is such a screwed up deal.  I only wonder how this message board would be dealing with it if it wasn't more about politics than it is the other factors...

I'm torn personally.  On one hand, we all know that players have played through the flu and other contagious illnesses over the years.  On the other hand, can you imagine the "what if" scenario where players/coaches didn't get vaccinated and some players died?

There's selfishness involved of course.  I personally think that all players are adults and can make their own choices.  On the other hand, can you imagine some practice squad player coming in, infecting a team and either killed a franchise player or they had that longterm heart/lung stuff that's out there that kept the player from ever being the same again? 

These are the things that rattle around in my head about all this, lol...  I'm not too worried about it all myself, but damn, if i got a family member sick and they died i'd never forgive myself...

Good points, but they apply to many areas of life and workplace.  These guys are adults (mostly) and understand the risks.  If they are really worried, there will be peer pressure to take precautions which most of them have.  If a player is asymptomatic, I'd say let him play unless he tested positive at least twice before the game.  It would be a shame if the SB was decided by a false positive same as it would be if it was decided because a total team was unable to play. 

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

Maybe Andy would try to run the ball more traditionally and let RBs thrive.

Maybe Mahomes will find more in Gordon, Pringle, Hardman, the RBs, and (gasp) Robinson.  Not saying the O won't take a big hit, but the Chiefs aren't weaponless.  Maybe Gray gets more than one target.  

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

It is vague but I thought I heard unvaxxed were out a minimum of 10 days

This is my understanding too. 

Unvaxxed:  10 days minimum

Vaxxed:  no minimum but you have to be asymptomatic and test negative. Old policy was two negative tests 24 hours apart, now it's just one negative test. 

8 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Based on the LAC game I'm quite sure Patrick realizes Mecole exists but does not want to throw to him. 

I always found it odd this take.   Mahomes dirted the ball to Mecole, airmailed a ball 20 yards over Mecoles head, and didn't pass it to him on the TD to CEH (In which he passed on Hill as well) and that translates into Patrick not trusting him?  He literally tried to throw it to him twice for big plays and both times screwed up.  I could maybe understand the thought that because he doesn't trust Mecole his throws were subconsciously off.  I guess I could buy that.   I do think Mahomes realizes that Mecole is a limited wr.  

My take is that Mecole either runs bad routes or drops a ton of balls in practice. It’s clear to me the coaches don’t trust him due to his decreased game reps. It’s too bad. I never thought he was close to Hill’s ability but I was hopeful he could at least make up for Sammy’s lost production.

Pringle has taken his reps and despite his own bout of drops, seems steadier and definitely is more aggressive after the catch. Don’t think he is a legit starter but is a valuable piece that I hope we hang on to.

49 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I always found it odd this take.   Mahomes dirted the ball to Mecole, airmailed a ball 20 yards over Mecoles head, and didn't pass it to him on the TD to CEH (In which he passed on Hill as well) and that translates into Patrick not trusting him?  He literally tried to throw it to him twice for big plays and both times screwed up.  I could maybe understand the thought that because he doesn't trust Mecole his throws were subconsciously off.  I guess I could buy that.   I do think Mahomes realizes that Mecole is a limited wr.  

By the "TD to CEH" I think you mean the 2-point conversion which to me is the big one.  Mecole is wide open, the play is clearly designed for him, and he looks him off.  I don't think he had a play to Hill in the same way.

I don't know, it's obviously not like he never throws to Mecole but something is off to say the least.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm coming around to the thought of having O players  not names Hill or Kelce playing ..Patrick needs to realize there are others out there

Like Dan, I think; mentioned. This could make Mahomes do better in the long run if he's forced to throw to other guys

22 minutes ago, xen said:

Ward is back

Heard that too.  Guess Fenton, Kelce, Hill, and Niang are the remaining critical players not back.  Expect several will be back in three days time.  The big danger is if more go on the list.  If Wylie has to play RT, TJ will have a field day.  

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Heard that too.  Guess Fenton, Kelce, Hill, and Niang are the remaining critical players not back.  Expect several will be back in three days time.  The big danger is if more go on the list.  If Wylie has to play RT, TJ will have a field day.  

Bolton too

So Jones is back. How long did that take? 
this timeline would give us a sense of hill and kelce. 
I think it’s been 7 days today. So if that is the case hill and kelce will miss game. 
I know there is the vax and non vax testing but I’m just trying to gauge the timeline. 
Thoughts everyone ? 

4 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I think it’s been 7 days today. So if that is the case hill and kelce will miss game. 
I know there is the vax and non vax testing but I’m just trying to gauge the timeline. 
Thoughts everyone ? 

Ward came back quickly so it's hard to make a general estimate.  Kelce, Hill, Fenton and Bolton are apparently vaxxed so they only need on negative test before 1600 on Saturday.  If they were unvaxxed, they would already be out like Butker.

25 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Thoughts everyone ? 

What jetlord said.  Going to vary from player to player, for one.  All the vaxxed guys just need to test negative by Saturday.  No guarantees either way.  But, Jones took an extra day because he was still under the old policy so he had to have two consecutive days of negative tests.  Guys under the new policy just need that one negative test.

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

What jetlord said.  Going to vary from player to player, for one.  All the vaxxed guys just need to test negative by Saturday.  No guarantees either way.  But, Jones took an extra day because he was still under the old policy so he had to have two consecutive days of negative tests.  Guys under the new policy just need that one negative test.

Right on! Thanks gentlemen.