Hill, Fenton ,Kelce, Ward, Butker , Bell on Covid List & More to Come

19 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

My take is that Mecole either runs bad routes or drops a ton of balls in practice. It’s clear to me the coaches don’t trust him due to his decreased game reps. It’s too bad. I never thought he was close to Hill’s ability but I was hopeful he could at least make up for Sammy’s lost production.

Pringle has taken his reps and despite his own bout of drops, seems steadier and definitely is more aggressive after the catch. Don’t think he is a legit starter but is a valuable piece that I hope we hang on to.

problem is he has made up for watkins production. watkins was not special last year. not close

18 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I think Josh Gordon will be more and more involved. The last game he played they started to target him a little more and then he missed because of the rona. I think he'll help in the stretch drive and the playoffs. 🤞

Feels like Bell all over again. Nothing close so far and I expect little or nothing in the future.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

problem is he has made up for watkins production. watkins was not special last year. not close

No he hasn’t.  Watkins wasn’t special last year, but defenses had to respect him.  If he could stay healthy he’d probably still be here. Saying Hardman has matched Watkins is like saying Ingram has been a bust bc he only has one sack. 

22 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

By the "TD to CEH" I think you mean the 2-point conversion which to me is the big one.  Mecole is wide open, the play is clearly designed for him, and he looks him off.  I don't think he had a play to Hill in the same way.

I don't know, it's obviously not like he never throws to Mecole but something is off to say the least.

I don’t think he has that trust factor.  He’ll throw a 50/50 ball at Kelce and hill and give them the opportunity to make a play. You don’t see those with Hardman, nor do you see the back shoulder throws. The most recent deep route where he overthrew Hardman, I think it was intentional, as he’s trying to put it somewhere Hardman can get it if he outruns the defender, but only him. I don’t know how anyone could come to a conclusion other than Mahomes just doesn’t have the same level of trust.  

30 minutes ago, purpledolphincat said:

Tyreek Hill activated from reserve/Covid list

Kelce still has chance to be activated

Does activated mean he's likely to play or is it just a move so he can play if he tests negative after the deadline?  There's enough open roster spots that the Chiefs could just be playing the odds.  

Just now, jetlord said:

Does activated mean he's likely to play or is it just a move so he can play if he tests negative after the deadline?  There's enough open roster spots that the Chiefs could just be playing the odds.  

Apparently activated from the list and cleared to play are two different things.

According to another Tweet I saw, both Hill and Kelce were both activated from the list, but only Hill has cleared the protocol (tested negative).  The hope is that Kelce will also clear the protocol, and activating him from the list was necessary in the event that he does test negative.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

Apparently activated from the list and cleared to play are two different things.

According to another Tweet I saw, both Hill and Kelce were both activated from the list, but only Hill has cleared the protocol (tested negative).  The hope is that Kelce will also clear the protocol, and activating him from the list was necessary in the event that he does test negative.

That was my understanding.  Didn't see the news on them officially, but if Hill can play, that's a big plus.

Just now, jetlord said:

Hope Fenton and Bolton still have a chance. 

I assume they're some of the other players from Taylor's tweet.

It's a bummer we won't be at full strength but with Jones, Gay, and Sneed back on the defense and at least Hill on offense I'm feeling okay.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

I assume they're some of the other players from Taylor's tweet.

It's a bummer we won't be at full strength but with Jones, Gay, and Sneed back on the defense and at least Hill on offense I'm feeling okay.

I think we need to be worrying more about Wylie against TJ Watt than anything!! Watt against Wylie could ruin everything for the offense.

10 minutes ago, artsy said:

I think we need to be worrying more about Wylie against TJ Watt than anything!! Watt against Wylie could ruin everything for the offense.

But do you think Remmers or Niang would improve the situation significantly?  The answers to Watt are a scheme thing.

16 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

But do you think Remmers or Niang would improve the situation significantly?  The answers to Watt are a scheme thing.

I'd take either of them over Wylie.  Maybe use six linemen and have Allegretti and Wylie double on Watt.  Otherwise, the Chiefs just need to scheme around TJ.