Chiefs Steelers game day thread.

9 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Free week if you’re playing the first round, yeah.  3 weeks between games, I’ll always disagree.  
HB sounds like nothing. 
CEH is probably done for the year.  

I agree with your disagreement. Three weeks is too long between games.

To quote Belicheat...

...on to Cincinnati.

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

What about McKinnon?? Where is he 

Injured Reserve.  He was ahead of Gore after TC, but didn't show that much early.  Maybe the line in front of him hadn't jelled at the time and he has some speed and pass catching ability.  Don't know if he can come back this season. 

That was a complete team win during a game in which we had several key players out.

I don’t wish CEH bad things, but I am not worried missing him for a few weeks (or even the rest of the season).  Honestly, I feel we are more effective with Williams & Gore running it.

Hopefully Hardman, Gray, and Gordon will get more targets in the future so we can work Hill & Kelce back in slowly as they recover from COVID-19.  

Patrick looked like Patrick again (in other words like the all-world QB that he is).

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

I think Krieg or deberg are as far back as my memory goes.  I was born a year before the famous Blackledge draft. 

I remember ben davidson's spear on Lenny.

That one play seemed to set off a decade of horrible decline, salvaged thankfully by Marty.

7 minutes ago, mex said:

I remember ben davidson's spear on Lenny.

That one play seemed to set off a decade of horrible decline, salvaged thankfully by Marty.

I remember that, too. The only bench clearing brawl I’ve ever seen in the NFL. 

BTW, the Miami playoff game was 50 years ago yesterday. I’ll never forget that one. 

Great all around win without some key pieces.   Defense looks super tough, Offense looks versatile and on track and ST looked great with two of the biggest contributors out.     

Pringle may never be a #2 wr but he's a solid #3 and great #4.    

Gordon is this years Leveon Bell.  The step he lost is the difference imo.   I was hoping this would be a break out game for him and I'm just not sure he has much left in the tank.   Glad he seems to have gotten his life on track though.

CEH hurts if nothing more than depth.  This team needs a fast back because some of them holes are an Mack Truck wide but our guys just can't quite hit them in time to get the chunk plays.   They still did a great job today.

Oline is starting to look very very good, even with Wylie playing RT.   Mahomes didn't look like he was running for his life at all today and the one sack he stayed in the pocket too long.   

Mahomes looks like Mahomes of old with the added ability to sit and stay in the pocket and deliver.   That pass to Pringle in the end zone was so nice as he maneuvered in the pocket.  

TJ Watt wasn't a 100% but that Dline is no joke and we demolished that D today.

Defense looked dominant and the 2nd half it looked like Spags dialed it back quite a bit.   Holding the Steelers to 10 when they scored the final drive against 3rd teams and ST players and making them go for it on 4th down was encouraging.  

Nitpicks:

Baker getting burned on that TD like that was not as encouraging.

Gordon not holding onto the ball for a big possession type wr is probably the worst thing on the O and it didn't cost us really.

That game could have easily been 40-3 and I'm not sure we were even trying much in the 2nd half.   That is scary.

What a turn around for this entire team.   We are battle tested and ready for a long playoff run.   Now just need to get there as healthy as possible!  

Go Chiefs!

6 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Did they just stop playing Tyreek? 

We went up early and the game felt over in the 2nd quarter.   He didn't practice all week and I'm sure we executed the gameplan with the players that were there.   Glad he got a chance to rest.   

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We went up early and the game felt over in the 2nd quarter.   He didn't practice all week and I'm sure we executed the gameplan with the players that were there.   Glad he got a chance to rest.   

I'm just glad we they didn't need him. It really did give the opportunity for someone else to step up. 

7 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I'm just glad we they didn't need him. It really did give the opportunity for someone else to step up. 

Two targets and two catches.  If he really had COVID last week, keeping him out was very wise.  It also show everyone that the Chiefs could win without their two superstars.  Very satisfying to see.