Chiefs Steelers game day thread.

45 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I remember that, too. The only bench clearing brawl I’ve ever seen in the NFL. 

BTW, the Miami playoff game was 50 years ago yesterday. I’ll never forget that one. 

I cried on Christmas Day.

22 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Great all around win without some key pieces.   Defense looks super tough, Offense looks versatile and on track and ST looked great with two of the biggest contributors out.     

Pringle may never be a #2 wr but he's a solid #3 and great #4.    

Gordon is this years Leveon Bell.  The step he lost is the difference imo.   I was hoping this would be a break out game for him and I'm just not sure he has much left in the tank.   Glad he seems to have gotten his life on track though.

CEH hurts if nothing more than depth.  This team needs a fast back because some of them holes are an Mack Truck wide but our guys just can't quite hit them in time to get the chunk plays.   They still did a great job today.

Oline is starting to look very very good, even with Wylie playing RT.   Mahomes didn't look like he was running for his life at all today and the one sack he stayed in the pocket too long.   

Mahomes looks like Mahomes of old with the added ability to sit and stay in the pocket and deliver.   That pass to Pringle in the end zone was so nice as he maneuvered in the pocket.  

TJ Watt wasn't a 100% but that Dline is no joke and we demolished that D today.

Defense looked dominant and the 2nd half it looked like Spags dialed it back quite a bit.   Holding the Steelers to 10 when they scored the final drive against 3rd teams and ST players and making them go for it on 4th down was encouraging.  

Nitpicks:

Baker getting burned on that TD like that was not as encouraging.

Gordon not holding onto the ball for a big possession type wr is probably the worst thing on the O and it didn't cost us really.

That game could have easily been 40-3 and I'm not sure we were even trying much in the 2nd half.   That is scary.

What a turn around for this entire team.   We are battle tested and ready for a long playoff run.   Now just need to get there as healthy as possible!  

Go Chiefs!

I like Pringle....Did Robinson even suit up for the chiefs today?

34 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

That game could have easily been 40-3 and I'm not sure we were even trying much in the 2nd half.   That is scary.

I don't think it's scary at all.  It's encouraging that we're putting ourselves in positions where we can coast.  If we're coasting in a 1-2 score game that's one thing, not in 4 score game.

38 minutes ago, mex said:

I cried on Christmas Day.

Ditto.
My grandpa was with us for Christmas. I was wearing my new Chiefs sweatshirt that was wrapped under the tree that morning. That, and a sweet black 5 speed bike are the only gifts I remember from that Christmas. And when Garo put the game away I cried. 

23 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Ditto.
My grandpa was with us for Christmas. I was wearing my new Chiefs sweatshirt that was wrapped under the tree that morning. That, and a sweet black 5 speed bike are the only gifts I remember from that Christmas. And when Garo put the game away I cried. 

I remember an absolutely CAREER performance from Ed Podolak... I mean he was a beast through 6 quarters of football.

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

We really need the titans to win next week.  I don’t feel good about clinching the bye a week earlier and sitting starters.  2 straight weeks of no live action is asking for rust and struggles because 2 games ends up being 3 weeks between games.  That’s too long. 

We are trying to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs. There looks to be 1 team left that could realistically keep that from happening and they beat us head to head.

And you want that team to win next week?

Because you think clinching the 1 seed early and our starters getting an extra week of rest which could guarantee full health going into a playoff game at home is a poor outcome? 

1 minute ago, mex said:

I remember an absolutely CAREER performance from Ed Podolak... I mean he was a beast through 6 quarters of football.

He was the man. Played his guts out. 

I remember reading that after the game he was in the locker room and, like us, he was crying. 
That game is as such an emotional roller coaster. Stenarud could have put it away but, inexplicably, missed one he routinely made. That made the hurt even worse. 

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

We really need the titans to win next week.  I don’t feel good about clinching the bye a week earlier and sitting starters.  2 straight weeks of no live action is asking for rust and struggles because 2 games ends up being 3 weeks between games.  That’s too long

That's what she said.  

The rest is complete insanity. Take it back.

Wylie, ended up getting pointed at by one patrick mahomes, after patrick had time.. 

to cook a 9 course dinner, go through his progression, eat the 9 course dinner, go through his progression, take a nap

go through his progression again,  then he watched the raiders game.. went through his progression again, and tossed a touchdown to pringle. btw this was all on the same play. 

Seriously cleanest pocket i have seen for Patrick and it was what guys 7 or 8 seconds? at least?

10 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Wasn't able to see or listen to the game, but what I've read are all positives. Who started at RT? Niang back yet?

Pat and the D get all the credit, and they deserve their share. But, the story of the game was the KC O-line. They not only opened massive holes for the RBs, they gave Pat more time than he's ever had. 

59 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Pat and the D get all the credit, and they deserve their share. But, the story of the game was the KC O-line. They not only opened massive holes for the RBs, they gave Pat more time than he's ever had. 

well against one of the worst running defenses and a broken Watt they better of. In reality even without Kelce the game should of looked more like the Cowboys / Redskins game

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

well against one of the worst running defenses and a broken Watt they better of. In reality even without Kelce the game should of looked more like the Cowboys / Redskins game

They went TD, TD, FG, TD to basically end the game late in the second quarter, then coasted on both O and D.

I don't think Pittsburgh is particularly good but they are a .500 team and we utterly dominated when it counted.

I really don't think there is anything to downplay or nitpick about this win.

34 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yeah, good point. 

But, the O-line balled and dominated. It was good to see. Fun to watch. Especially after last year.

34 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Except the Steelers weren't fighting among themselves.  The availability of the two teams was pretty equal.  The Chiefs adjusted well to what they didn't have.  The Steelers didn't. 

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Pat looked like the Pat we've all come to (unfairly?) expect every game.

Balls were clean and on the money, decisions were perfect, and best of all, he's learning to step up in the pocket and trust his line for those last 1 or 2 seconds that make all the difference

1 minute ago, mex said:

Balls were clean and on the money, decisions were perfect, and best of all, he's learning to step up in the pocket and trust his line for those last 1 or 2 seconds that make all the difference

I think that has been extremely underappreciated over the last couple games. The OL is giving Mahomes a clean pocket and he's taking advantage of it instead of scrambling to survive. 

1 minute ago, mex said:

If you can find Kurt Warner's breakdown of Pat on youtube it's worth a watch. He posted it last week and it's the most detailed explanation of Pat's greatness I've seen.