Chiefs Steelers game day thread.

Reid remains impressed with general manager Brett Veach and the personnel staff finding undrafted talent.

The Chiefs' three offensive stars of the game against the Steelers were running backs Darrel Williams and Derrick Gore, as well as wide receiver Byron Pringle.

What do the three have in common? They're all former undrafted free agents, which is a positive reflection on Veach and the team's personnel staff.

36 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Reid remains impressed with general manager Brett Veach and the personnel staff finding undrafted talent.

The Chiefs' three offensive stars of the game against the Steelers were running backs Darrel Williams and Derrick Gore, as well as wide receiver Byron Pringle.

What do the three have in common? They're all former undrafted free agents, which is a positive reflection on Veach and the team's personnel staff.

Ward was also an UDFA as was Wharton.  Yeah, they're defense, but same idea.

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

Ward was also an UDFA as was Wharton.  Yeah, they're defense, but same idea.

Ward wasn't even our UDFA.  We traded Parker Ehringer and a ham sammy for him.  Ehringer got hurt before ever playing a game and Dallas cut him.  I believe he's been bouncing around practice squads ever since.  

Veach should have grand larceny charges filed against him for that one.

35 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

A few weeks ago I was saying I want the comfort of a blow out. We've had few lately and here in AZ they switch to a more competitive game. I want to see our D line with their ears pinned back chasing QBs that have to throw. 

I saw that prior to the Chargers game, road teams that traveled at least two time zones were something like 1-12 on Thursday Night Football.  So what we pulled off is insanely difficult.

And my point relevant to your post is that other than that game under tough circumstances, we've won 5 straight by double digits.

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I saw that prior to the Chargers game, road teams that traveled at least two time zones were something like 1-12 on Thursday Night Football.  So what we pulled off is insanely difficult.

And my point relevant to your post is that other than that game under tough circumstances, we've won 5 straight by double digits.

Good point. Defense!

46 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

A few weeks ago I was saying I want the comfort of a blow out. We've had few lately and here in AZ they switch to a more competitive game. I want to see our D line with their ears pinned back chasing QBs that have to throw. 

use the website paint suggested... it works

24 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

😄 they switched the Steelers game here to the Raiders donkeys game, then the Raiders kneeled down twice and game over.  Then they switched back to the Chiefs game since it was the only one still playing.

Glad I didn't miss Carr kneeling twice.

30 minutes ago, xen said:

😄 they switched the Steelers game here to the Raiders donkeys game, then the Raiders kneeled down twice and game over.  Then they switched back to the Chiefs game since it was the only one still playing.

Glad I didn't miss Carr kneeling twice.

you think that's funny, I had to watch on a bootleg website on my laptop... the network game in my area is always the donks... so I had Den/LV on the big tv, but muted. 

When Carr knelt, they switched the network game to the Chiefs onto my big tv... :lol: 

13 hours ago, xen said:

Ward wasn't even our UDFA.  We traded Parker Ehringer and a ham sammy for him.  Ehringer got hurt before ever playing a game and Dallas cut him.  I believe he's been bouncing around practice squads ever since.  

Veach should have grand larceny charges filed against him for that one.

Ham Sammy…not to be confused with Sammy “Hammy” Wadkins.

On 12/27/2021 at 11:20 PM, AFCWEST said:

This regime has been great with UDFA RBs so I'm not surprised with any of them. Pringle has been great in small doses, don't know why they keep putting him down in the depth chart after such performances but IMO he's the most logical chioce for #2 WR this season. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

This regime has been great with UDFA RBs so I'm not surprised with any of them. Pringle has been great in small doses, don't know why they keep putting him down in the depth chart after such performances but IMO he's the most logical chioce for #2 WR this season. 

Because he's been inconsistent.  It's not enough just to flash for Andy and that historically is what Pringle does.  You need to show it consistently to earn more playing time.  I think it's probably a fair assumption that he practices like he plays... flashes of being really good followed by drops and mental errors.

On 12/29/2021 at 6:58 PM, xen said:

Because he's been inconsistent.  It's not enough just to flash for Andy and that historically is what Pringle does.  You need to show it consistently to earn more playing time.  I think it's probably a fair assumption that he practices like he plays... flashes of being really good followed by drops and mental errors.

Could be. However I think he has shown more toughness and positive consistency than both Hardman and Robinson on the field. At least for this season I think he deserves to be the default #2 unless/until Gordon gets back to his pothead days. 

10 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Could be. However I think he has shown more toughness and positive consistency than both Hardman and Robinson on the field. At least for this season I think he deserves to be the default #2 unless/until Gordon gets back to his pothead days. 

I was feeling positive that Gordon was going to help down the stretch/playoffs after learning the offense. Not so much any more.

19 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I was feeling positive that Gordon was going to help down the stretch/playoffs after learning the offense. Not so much any more.

Gordon was 0-3 Sunday, but none of the targets were easy catches although one could have been made.  Guess he'll have to make some difficult ones before he gets more. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Gordon was 0-3 Sunday, but none of the targets were easy catches although one could have been made.  Guess he'll have to make some difficult ones before he gets more. 

I keep telling myself... "he's due."

Not sure how much longer that will be a viable excuse. 

24 minutes ago, mex said:

I keep telling myself... "he's due."

Not sure how much longer that will be a viable excuse. 

agreed  when you saw  that he got a TD and some love 2 weeks ago  I was ready to see the 2nd coming of D-Bowe but last week he looked more like Jonathan "Stone Hands" Hayes