Playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs?

Yeah, it's a violation of the 24 hour rule, but this is the most interesting playoff scenario that I can remember.  Chiefs are almost assured of being the #1 or #2 seed with #1 the best bet.  Titans are 3.5 favorites over MIA and the Chiefs are 4.5 over the Bengals.  Impossible to guess how the rest will shake out, but at least the Chiefs having to play the Chargers again is very unlikely.

GO DOLFINS

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, it's a violation of the 24 hour rule, but this is the most interesting playoff scenario that I can remember.  Chiefs are almost assured of being the #1 or #2 seed with #1 the best bet.  Titans are 3.5 favorites over MIA and the Chiefs are 4.5 over the Bengals.  Impossible to guess how the rest will shake out, but at least the Chiefs having to play the Chargers again is very unlikely.

GO DOLFINS

The Fins have a history of helping us get HFA

30 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Hopefully the COVID outbreaks end before playoffs.

lol never happen... there's virtue-signaling afoot

and we all know how goodell loves him some o' that

you wait... there will be a great team or two knocked out of the playoffs because of roster deficiencies due to rampant, unnecessary testing

look no further than college football... entire bowl games are being cancelled... teams are being sidelined from post-season play because of rampant, unnecessary testing

hope I'm wrong... love to eat my words... but we're 2 years into this nonsense... it ain't ending in a few weeks

if it does end in a few weeks, then we'll all know it was bullshit in the first place

2 hours ago, mex said:

lol never happen... there's virtue-signaling afoot

and we all know how goodell loves him some o' that

you wait... there will be a great team or two knocked out of the playoffs because of roster deficiencies due to rampant, unnecessary testing

look no further than college football... entire bowl games are being cancelled... teams are being sidelined from post-season play because of rampant, unnecessary testing

hope I'm wrong... love to eat my words... but we're 2 years into this nonsense... it ain't ending in a few weeks

if it does end in a few weeks, then we'll all know it was bullshit in the first place

It already is Bullshit

16 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Can't be sure of anything with all the COVID situation. On paper I'm expecting a win but the Bengals sure will be motivated a lot more than we will be so it's not easy to predict. 

Not sure why we would be less motivated? Securing the bye is a pretty big deal. Why play on the road if you don't have to in the playoffs?

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

GO DOLFINS

I could see Tennessee getting smoked by Miami.

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Not sure why we would be less motivated? Securing the bye is a pretty big deal. Why play on the road if you don't have to in the playoffs?

Bengals could lose out on the playoffs if they lose the next two. We'll definitely be motivated to win, one week off to begin the playoffs is a huge advantage with the minor injuries but the possibility of missing out is still a stronger motivator. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Bengals could lose out on the playoffs if they lose the next two. We'll definitely be motivated to win, one week off to begin the playoffs is a huge advantage with the minor injuries but the possibility of missing out is still a stronger motivator. 

could also be a huge disadvantage if the players think they can go out and come back testing positive. I think it'd be easier without the Bye to convince them to  live in a bubble.

14 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Wow.  I find it hard to believe that I could forget in such short time just how special Mahomes and this TEAM is.  26 straight is absurd.  

If it wasn't for that 1 February loss in between it would have been an incredible streak. 

18 hours ago, sith13 said:

Well consider this, IF the Chiefs were to get the #2 seed and no bye, is that really that bad? Our bye week came late this year so resting up shouldnt be that big of an issue. They just started getting that chemistry back after their late bye so they are clicking together now. And not to mention do we really believe the Titans can win a playoff game right now considering how they have looked recently?  So, it is still plausible not to get the first round bye but still get  home-field advantage anyway. Just sayin.

18 hours ago, oldtimer said:

could also be a huge disadvantage if the players think they can go out and come back testing positive. I think it'd be easier without the Bye to convince them to  live in a bubble.

I get what you are saying but our players ended up in the protocol when they didn't have a bye.  My biggest concern of playing on wildcard weekend is injuries and under the old playoff system the vast majority of teams that made the superbowl were the teams that had  that first round bye.  Its a huge advantage to be the only team to not have to go on the road and be able stay in a consistent routine 

58 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Well consider this, IF the Chiefs were to get the #2 seed and no bye, is that really that bad? Our bye week came late this year so resting up shouldnt be that big of an issue. They just started getting that chemistry back after their late bye so they are clicking together now. And not to mention do we really believe the Titans can win a playoff game right now considering how they have looked recently?  So, it is still plausible not to get the first round bye but still get  home-field advantage anyway. Just sayin.

A bye game rarely leads to a SB win, that's something to consider as well. It might be better to just get a good streak started with a relatively easier game to kick things off. This year's setup is entirely new so we won't know based on past experience but as you said it's possible to get the HFA without the bye.

14 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I get what you are saying but our players ended up in the protocol when they didn't have a bye.  My biggest concern of playing on wildcard weekend is injuries and under the old playoff system the vast majority of teams that made the superbowl were the teams that had  that first round bye.  Its a huge advantage to be the only team to not have to go on the road and be able stay in a consistent routine 

Thats hold water to be sure.. that  plane ride from LA musta been 4 hrs in a giant Petri dish

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

A bye game rarely leads to a SB win, that's something to consider as well. It might be better to just get a good streak started with a relatively easier game to kick things off. This year's setup is entirely new so we won't know based on past experience but as you said it's possible to get the HFA without the bye.

I mean the facts greatly dispute all this but do carry on.  1 seeds are much more likely to make the superbowl and the home team in the conference championship games are more likely to win.  It's not even that close.  Once you're in then who knows but you can't win it if you don't make it.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Thats hold water to be sure.. that  plane ride from LA musta been 4 hrs in a giant Petri dish

It's the Chiefs' plane, so I dn't buy into the giant ppetri dish deal

I think the problem is unnecessary testing in the NFL just like all the unnecessary testing in the general public. Used to be, you're not infected until you have symptoms. Now it's 'everyone's infected, until you test negative.' It's absurd.

If you really want a snapshot into how insane all of this is... read this headline, then read the short article. I'm telling ya, this country has gone stark raving mad... and the NFL along with it:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article256878197.html?taid=61ca705292a8110001a61241&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter