Playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs?

3 hours ago, xen said:

I mean the facts greatly dispute all this but do carry on.  1 seeds are much more likely to make the superbowl and the home team in the conference championship games are more likely to win.  It's not even that close.  Once you're in then who knows but you can't win it if you don't make it.

From 2017 but you know the Chiefs and others since then have made the SB as a 1 seed.

Since 1990, when the current 12-team playoff format was introduced, No. 1 seeds have reached the Super Bowl 28 times — 13 times from the AFC and 15 times from the NFC.

So that's 28 of 54 No. 1 seeds, or 52 percent.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/these-stats-show-just-how-important-no-1-seed-eagles

30 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

From 2017 but you know the Chiefs and others since then have made the SB as a 1 seed.

Since 1990, when the current 12-team playoff format was introduced, No. 1 seeds have reached the Super Bowl 28 times — 13 times from the AFC and 15 times from the NFC.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/these-stats-show-just-how-important-no-1-seed-eagles

Yeah I think 2 seeds are somewhere in the 20%'s.

It just greatly enhances your chances.

44 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah I think 2 seeds are somewhere in the 20%'s.

It just greatly enhances your chances.

From my quoted article

During the same 26-year span, only 15 No. 2 seeds have made it to the Super Bowl — eight from the AFC and seven from the NFC.

That's 28 percent. 

On 12/28/2021 at 1:17 PM, kkuenn said:

For most of that period, #2 seeds also got a bye week.  Only disadvantage was going on the road to play #1 if they won the first game. 

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

For most of that period, #2 seeds also got a bye week.  Only disadvantage was going on the road to play #1 if they won the first game. 

Yeah I think over time we'll start to see the 1 seed become even more important than it has been.  Being the only team that gets to rest players at this point in the season + you get to play at home on fresh legs is a huge advantage.

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Assuming the Titans and Chiefs both win next week, the Chiefs get #2 and probably the Chargers.  Next playoff game could be the Bengals again.  I'd take that in Arrowhead.

Chiefs had them today. Didn’t finish. Spags has to adjust.

chase is good, but those two longs he should have been tackled. 

they don’t scare me as much as the chargers 

On 12/28/2021 at 11:17 PM, kkuenn said:

No. 1 seed: 13-15

No. 2 seed: 6-8

No. 3 seed: 1-1

No. 4 seed: 4-3

No. 5 seed: 1-0

No. 6 seed: 2-0

The sample size is rather small but interesting to see that teams that get a bye have a losing record in the SB as opposed to the teams without a bye that have a winning record. Also the #1 seed has won only 8 out of last 31 SBs. The home team has a major advantage in the wild card and the championship game but those that walk the tougher path seem to be more successful in the SB once they reach the game. 

So with chiefs win we are guaranteed 2 seed and if titans lose we would be 1 seed. 
Are we guaranteed a home game if we are the 2 seed? I think but want to confirm. 
Also we won’t know who we are playing until after Sunday night game correct? Also day and time? ( we have to wait to know till all games are played today)