Andy Reid is the the best coach in Chiefs history

Reid may be the best coach in NFL history at working with backups or replacements. He seems to put any player on the field in position to succeed. Who else would you rather have game plan for a backup QB for example? Sean Payton hasn't adapted to Brees being gone. Reid would have been ahead of the curve IMO. Next man up mentality.

16 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Reid may be the best coach in NFL history at working with backups or replacements. He seems to put any player on the field in position to succeed. Who else would you rather have game plan for a backup QB for example? Sean Payton hasn't adapted to Brees being gone. Reid would have been ahead of the curve IMO. Next man up mentality.

It's amazing how many QBs Reid has adapted to and found success with.  We have yet to see evidence that Peyton and even Belicheat can craft a dominant passing game without their hall of fame QB.  

Belichick has all but given up passing with his rookie.   I guess you can maybe count the Cassel year but fuck that cause that illusion set us back for years.  Fuck you Pioli.

It was a different era with different type of media attention and types of players, and holding the chemistry all together is much more important now.  So, I wouldn't compare Stram to Reid.  It's like comparing unicycles and pogo sticks.  But Stram was so special in his own way, wearing those dapper and fancy suits on the field to each game like he was going to a dinner party.  He had a great and unique football mind, but boy, did he have great playes to work with!  Overall, from the owner to the practice squad players and total team development development, Reid has no equal in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It was a different era with different type of media attention and types of players, and holding the chemistry all together is much more important now.  So, I wouldn't compare Stram to Reid.  It's like comparing unicycles and pogo sticks.  But Stram was so special in his own way, wearing those dapper and fancy suits on the field to each game like he was going to a dinner party.  He had a great and unique football mind, but boy, did he have great players to work with!  Overall, from the owner to the practice squad players and total team development, Reid has no equal in my opinion. Belichick is no doubt a fine coach, but he is a product of Tom Brady, not the other way around.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Rather had this happened  now and not in the playoffs. This is a wake up call for all but what really bothers me is no adjustment by Spags.  And when he did try safety help it was Dan fucking sorenson.....

I kept thinking that maybe we should have blitzed after all.  Then I thought about it more and said.....naaaah.  I think he was right.

On 1/2/2022 at 8:05 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

More like "without Orlando Browned." He's gotten a hell of a lot better at pass blocking.  And Thuney would have helped more at guard. Just my take.

In spite of the lack of scoring in the second half, the offense wasn't the problem.  31 points should be enough to win.