Chiefs vs Bengals. Big Test.

A lot of this by the talking heads is to stir up interest. They can't keep saying the Chiefs are going to destroy everyone. The Bengals will be dangerous in the coming years if they improve their Oline and defense. The scoring train will make an immediate stop if Burrows gets injured again because his Oline gets him killed. I watched the Bengals game last week and I was amazed that they kept throwing the ball with a big lead. Burrows suffered two sacks late and also took some unnecessary hits. I can't believe they risked their QB for some stupid ass passing yards record. Baltimore doesn't even have half the pass rush that KC does. Could be a long day for the kid. 

26 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I don't know...I kinda feel like this is the Chiefs game to lose. They are undoubtedly due for a loss. We are looking  at them having to win 13 straight games to end the year since the winning streak started. I mean they are due right?

Chiefs lose a close one here 34-27

I  kinda thought that last week, all the players out etc. It's the law of averages.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I  kinda thought that last week, all the players out etc. It's the law of averages.

LOA has consistently not applied to KC. I have thought that often. I have been wrong most often. 

Maybe use a 50 year law of averages. Based on that KC should see continued success.

3 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I don't know...I kinda feel like this is the Chiefs game to lose. They are undoubtedly due for a loss. We are looking  at them having to win 13 straight games to end the year since the winning streak started. I mean they are due right?

They won nine inn a row to win the SB two years ago.  Just take one game at a tie.  Player health is the biggest factor for all the teams.  Aside from that, I don't see how winning against one team affects the next game all that much unless there's bad matchups. 

3 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

They will lose one.....next year

If I read one more article or post at how by beating the Chiefs the Bengals are gonna put "the league on notice." I mean every team that beats the Chiefs feel like they just won the SB. I get that but reality rears its head in post season play.....if you get there. Right Baltimore? Right Chargers?

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Why?

When KC wins the SB that will run the streak to 13.  Record is 23 by the Colts and Manning 2nd longest is 21 by Brady n the Pats.   KC starts off 7 n 0.  Next game will just happen to be a road game against new england and a KC win would tie the Pats n Brady at 21.  The league will want none of that.  Tyreek is career year mysteriously gets a couple OPIs when he has just been roasting DBs all year.   The oline had just been mauling teams up to this point gets 4 holding calls and an unnecessary rougness call one on Creed n the other on Trey for pancaking their guys to rough.   Kraft made another deal with the devil n Mac Jones started getting the Brady treatment and just a hand in his jersey results in 3 roughing the passer calls.  All in all it was just too much to overcome KC goes down stopping the win streak at 20 perserving the 21 n 23 game streaks.  

Chiefs activated RB Jerick McKinnon (hamstring) from injured reserve.

McKinnon returns with Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) sidelined. Darrel Williams should pick up the majority of Edwards-Helaire's snaps, but McKinnon and Derrick Gore should mix in as change-of-pace options.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) has been ruled out for Week 17 against the Bengals.

Edwards-Helaire was a longshot to play after not practicing all week. The early rule out puts him in a race to get cleared for Week 18. Kansas City activated Jerick McKinnon from IR with Edwards-Helaire out. Darrel Williams will start for the Chiefs and should see a heavy workload in his absence.

5 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs activated RB Jerick McKinnon (hamstring) from injured reserve.

McKinnon returns with Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) sidelined. Darrel Williams should pick up the majority of Edwards-Helaire's snaps, but McKinnon and Derrick Gore should mix in as change-of-pace options.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) has been ruled out for Week 17 against the Bengals.

Edwards-Helaire was a longshot to play after not practicing all week. The early rule out puts him in a race to get cleared for Week 18. Kansas City activated Jerick McKinnon from IR with Edwards-Helaire out. Darrel Williams will start for the Chiefs and should see a heavy workload in his absence.

I'm a long way from being an astute judge of talent, but I don't see that much of a drop-off between CEH and Williams.

It's a little too early to bring up the b word, but CEH can't seem to stay healthy. 

22 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

I'm a long way from being an astute judge of talent, but I don't see that much of a drop-off between CEH and Williams.

It's a little too early to bring up the b word, but CEH can't seem to stay healthy. 

Gore should get all the reps. 

22 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

I'm becoming a big Gore fan. I think he's gonna be a good one.

2 hours ago, Wolfscall said:

I'm becoming a big Gore fan. I think he's gonna be a good one.

He has the ability that the other guys don’t, and that’s to take it to the house at any given time. That is now clear. And if ceh continues to get hurt, it will be his job next year for sure.

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He has the ability that the other guys don’t, and that’s to take it to the house at any given time. That is now clear. And if ceh continues to get hurt, it will be his job next year for sure.

One big run does not set him apart from those guys. All three are average. Williams has some pass catching skills.