Chiefs Bengals game day thread.

Just now, artsy said:

Yea I really wanted KC to have that 1 seed bye. Now we have to play and win next week to keep the 2 seed.

it'd of been nice to rest a few players but it is what it is..what happens if the Chiefs lose next weekend?

44 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The call on 3rd and 27 was the first exercise in complete stupidity. They should have been doing anything and everything there to make sure there was a field goal kicked there. We should have gotten the ball with ample time and all our timeouts.

That was mind blowing.  You’ll never hear me advocate for the prevent , but ffs, give them 15 yards underneath, call a time out and let them kick the 3. You’ve got a half billion dollar qb over there on the sidelines, stop trying to be the fucking hero and let him do his job. 3 points is literally a couple of completions and a Butker kick.  That was the dumbest play all possible. 

TThe Kansas City Chiefs knew they were going to have to do some rewiring along the offensive line going forward after losing two tackles to start their game against the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 17. When it comes to the loss of Lucas Niang, it’s going to be a season-ending loss that creates doubt around the position in the short-term and the long-term.

When Niang first went down early in the first quarter for the Chiefs, he required a cart to get off the field, a sign that the injury was indeed serious. After the game, head coach Andy Reid informed reporters that he tore his patellar tendon—an injury that requires an extensive amount of rehabilitation to return to the field. It’s also something that might keep Niang from coming back to full strength at all.

37 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Tampa last year wild card. Chiefs play well on the road. Home field in todays NFL does not seem to be as big an advantage as in the past.

I have to respectfully disagree. This loss is super important. HFA throughout the playoffs is Huge. This was a crushing defeat imo 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Next week Tenn plays early slot and KC plays the later slot so KC may be able to rest some guys if Tenn has already won.

What’s the obsession with not playing guys?  Even if the titans lock up the 1, we can’t sit players and end up falling further down the line.  

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

What’s the obsession with not playing guys?  Even if the titans lock up the 1, we can’t sit players and end up falling further down the line.  

Not getting guys hurt and some healing. But you are correct they probably dont want to slide. Yet it is the Broncos who have nothing to play for. Maybe a few back ups win anyway.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Chiefs LT Orlando Brown's calf injury is "minor."

Brown suffered the injury in pre-game warmups ahead of Week 17 and did not play. Rapoport reports he underwent an MRI that revealed a minor injury. It is unclear if Brown will be ready for the season finale, but he likely will be good to go for the playoffs. 

Look guys. I’ve been a coalition member since 1999, and I pray in good standing, and I’m not going anywhere as a fan of this team, but, this loss, was devastating in this current campaign. Jeez Louise the Chiefs allowed one freaking guy to roll up 260 yds receiving. This is not good. I’m at least “realistically” concerned.

29 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Look guys. I’ve been a coalition member since 1999, and I pray in good standing, and I’m not going anywhere as a fan of this team, but, this loss, was devastating in this current campaign. Jeez Louise the Chiefs allowed one freaking guy to roll up 260 yds receiving. This is not good. I’m at least “realistically” concerned.

I'll disagree..Devastating? No, Chiefs play just fine away. Disappointing yes. I certainly think Cinci is the Team we dont want to see again this season.  The Burrows to Chase connection is frightening but they had lost a few games so they are beatable. HFA altho would of been nice I dont think 90%+ of us ever thought it possible. I did predict 12-5 but never in my wildest dreams think HFA. I prefer to think of this as the wake  up call this team needed so I'm rolling with that. Now if the Donks beat the Chiefs I will revaluate.

Regardless of the 260 by Chase it was a 3 point loss for God's sake. DT had 7 sacks in one game and we lost it on the last play ..chit happens.

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'll disagree..Devastating? No, Chiefs play just fine away. Disappointing yes. I certainly think Cinci is the Team we dont want to see again this season.  The Burrows to Chase connection is frightening but they had lost a few games so they are beatable. HFA altho would of been nice I dont think 90%+ of us ever thought it possible. I did predict 12-5 but never in my wildest dreams think HFA. I prefer to think of this as the wake  up call this team needed so I'm rolling with that. Now if the Donks beat the Chiefs I will revaluate.

Regardless of the 260 by Chase it was a 3 point loss for God's sake. DT had 7 sacks in one game and we lost it on the last play ..chit happens.

Agree. No doubt those questionable calls were crazy bad and most were after a 3rd down stop. One or two different and the outcome may be different. Yet the game was still there for the winning. 

The defense has given up its share of points to teams with good offenses so the KC offense needs to have a killer instinct. Safe to assume the play offs will be very similar to this game. Offense needs to adjust to the adjustments being made by the opponents defense in the second half. Seems that has been an issue most of this season.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Its crazy to think its a conspiracy. Part time refs. Never ever anyone blowing the whistle. Never. In todays world someone would make a billion dollars with that proof. Never even a single leak or recording leaked.

Impossible to keep something like that a secret?

4 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

All games are TBD pending matchups. They will flex us to play same time as them.

I doubt they move KC to earlier to show the Broncos. Why flex Tenn later to show the Texans? Big game next week is Chargers Raiders afternoon slot  & Steelers Ravens morning slot.

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think.

If Chargers beat Raiders next week, very likely, and Ind beats Jacksonville its Chiefs Chargers in the Wild Card Game. If the Raiders win, doubtful, its CHiefs Indy in the wild card. 

Either game in wild card weekend is going to be a doozie. 
That 3rd and 27. I don’t know WTF spags was doing. There was a defensive coach fired last year mid season for the same thing I recall. I’m not saying to fire him but Reid needs to take spags to the dog house and lay a few hay makers. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Either game in wild card weekend is going to be a doozie. 
That 3rd and 27. I don’t know WTF spags was doing. There was a defensive coach fired last year mid season for the same thing I recall. I’m not saying to fire him but Reid needs to take spags to the dog house and lay a few hay makers. 

Maybe , based on the situation being critical , Reid has some input or at least veto power? We dont know. I think they wanted to keep the Chargers out of field goal range and had success with pressure prior. Very unfortunate.

25 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I doubt they move KC to earlier to show the Broncos. Why flex Tenn later to show the Texans? Big game next week is Chargers Raiders afternoon slot  & Steelers Ravens morning slot.

To make it so teams don’t intentionally wait to see what happens and rest players. One game will be flexed so neither team can “wait and see”.