Chiefs Bengals game day thread.

Just now, Thegoatee said:

To make it so teams don’t intentionally wait to see what happens and rest players. One game will be flexed so neither team can “wait and see”.

That could be a lot of flexing. We shall see. I think its more about rating that whats fair.

Meh, it’s a loss. Chiefs were in control. 
I’m not gonna overreact.

Spags needs to do a better job scheming them out of chase. You can’t let a guy go 11 for 266 and 3 td’s.

if someone else beats you, so be it.

embarrassing loss for the team.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

I’m not gonna overreact.

Spags needs to do a better job scheming them out of chase. You can’t let a guy go 11 for 266 and 3 td’s.

Yes agree on adjustments.  I dont think its embarrassing to lose to another good team. Those watching, not die hard Bengal fans, saw the bad calls and know that had some dire outcomes extended Cinn drives.

5 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m not gonna overreact.

With even an “average” officiating crew, that game is a win.  I really hope we get them again in the playoffs. 

Just now, Thegoatee said:

KC basically plays Colts, Raiders, or Chargers I assume. A home game against Chargers or Colts is probably doomsday. Have to hope we lose to Denver and Raiders win.

Well if you cant beat the 7th seed who can you beat. Its not like those other teams are a cake walk.

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes agree on adjustments.  I dont think its embarrassing to lose to another good team. Those watching, not die hard Bengal fans, saw the bad calls and know that had some dire outcomes extended Cinn drives.

Embarrassing to let him go for 266 

some of the coverage was good, he just made some sick catches.

but two of there were just busted coverage and terrible tackling 

I’m at least, disappointed, that that kind of offensive effort was even allowed, and now, apparently accepted by some of us. That kind of performance against our defense is disturbing. I want the Chiefs to win it all but.. that’s not good and in the nfl the other teams will take notice of this and try to exploit and replicate that success. The Chiefs needed to make a statement and instead there’s more questions than answers now 

This game showed me we need another receiver. 
shit look at waddle chase and brown from Detroit. That Detroit kid over the last month is coming into his own. 
plus I would like a jamaal Charles clone. 
my new year wishes. 
anyways this loss will serve us well. 
Unless titans lose we are playing wild card weekend and it’s gonna be a dog fight. 

5 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I’m at least, disappointed, that that kind of offensive effort was even allowed, and now, apparently accepted by some of us. That kind of performance against our defense is disturbing. I want the Chiefs to win it all but.. that’s not good and in the nfl the other teams will take notice of this and try to exploit and replicate that success. The Chiefs needed to make a statement and instead there’s more questions than answers now 

It isn’t much new though historically. KC has let a lot of dudes have career games. Miles Austin had a career game. That RB for the Browns nearly ran for 300 yards. Chase and Burrow are added to that list. Spags made no adjustments and died with press coverage blitzing.

37 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

KC basically plays Colts, Raiders, or Chargers I assume. A home game against Chargers or Colts is probably doomsday. Have to hope we lose to Denver and Raiders win.

What? Am I reading this wrong? Are you saying we should be scared of the Colts at home?

27 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Look at the Packers a few weeks ago. Almost let a Balt team with mostly back ups beat them. Every team has warts. TB just lost the infamous Brown. The key will be turn overs , injuries and some luck. NFL referee issues just keep getting worse. Lets hope they are not a part of the outcomes. Lets hope COVID does not determine the winners. Just nice to be in the dance again. 

26 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What? Am I reading this wrong? Are you saying we should be scared of the Colts at home?

Colts are basically the Titans with a better defense and worse passing game. Taylor is a beast. Beast running games in cold January can be a problem.

5 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Colts are basically the Titans with a better defense and worse passing game. Taylor is a beast. Beast running games in cold January can be a problem.

The team that lost to the Raiders today. I think any of the play off teams can beat KC. They all scare me. I dont see a great match up anywhere. To be the best beat the best. 

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

The team that lost to the Raiders today. I think any of the play off teams can beat KC. They all scare me. I dont see a great match up anywhere. To be the best beat the best. 

It Wentz doesn’t miss the entire week of practice, I think Colts win it over Raiders. Raiders were also motivated by truly being must win. KC should definitely not want to face Chargers again. That is the worst case match up.

26 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m not worried about the chiefs. 
They will be ready for broncos and then ready wild card weekend. 
As much as it sucks losing, I think back to losing seasons and no playoffs. 
bring on whoever. Chiefs can go toe to toe with them all. We all know it. 

Agree. Chiefs could have been one and done & lost  the 24-0 Texans game during the superbowl winning year. You need a little luck, a few good calls and decent health to win any play off game. Every play off win had some good fortune in it. All were close and Chiefs rallied to win. That team was not better than or worse than this team. Just a different season, opponents, luck , health, schedule, no covid,  etc. That team had its warts too.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Sony Michel was the last RB to go over 100 yards in a playoff game against us in the 2018. Spagnuolo has proven that he will not let a RB be the reason we lose a big game.

And the whole being scared of ANY team or matchup is ridiculous. We are 2 time defending AFC champs. THEY fuckin better be scared of US.

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

This game showed me we need another receiver. 
shit look at waddle chase and brown from Detroit. That Detroit kid over the last month is coming into his own. 
plus I would like a jamaal Charles clone. 
my new year wishes. 
anyways this loss will serve us well. 
Unless titans lose we are playing wild card weekend and it’s gonna be a dog fight. 

I hear Antonio Brown is available.

6 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Ha. NFL has Saturday games this year. They made KC the very first game next week. Raiders v Chargers is the Sunday night game.

Yes you are correct.

LAC-178x142.png

Chargers/Raiders has been flexed to Sunday Night Football for Week 18. 

It will be a "win and in" regular season finale when the Bolts visit Las Vegas. The Chargers are early narrow road favorites. Kickoff is at 8:20 PM ET on NBC. Elsewhere in Week 18, Chiefs/Broncos has been flexed to 4:30 PM ET Saturday on ESPN, with Cowboys/Eagles serving as a doubleheader night cap. The latter is a somewhat unfortunate choice, as there is a strong chance the Eagles will be resting starters unless they decide they strongly prefer the sixth seed to the seventh. The Sunday schedule will be announced early tomorrow (Monday) morning. 

Visiting here to see the aftermath. Driving home from vacation I could only listen to bits played on Sirius in my car. I listening to RGR break it all down. Some of you seem to be taking it well, but I haven't read this whole thread. 

Things just got a little tougher, we'll just have to see how it plays out.