Niang Serious Injury Update

38 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Watch the play where Gore ran it to the one.  Allegretti just mauled his guy and left him flat on the ground.  

Allegretti is a solid OLinman. He seems to always play good. Even last year when he was asked to play, he was the ONLY one who played solid.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Meh.  He was a mediocre pass blocker last year.  

Maybe he got better.  There can be a longer learning curve for low round picks.  It would be great to see Allegretti, Saunders, and Kaindoh contribute next season.  Same with Bootle or Powell.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Maybe he got better.  There can be a longer learning curve for low round picks.  It would be great to see Allegretti, Saunders, and Kaindoh contribute next season.  Same with Bootle or Powell.  

I was reacting to the assertion of his play last year.  I assume he is getting better.

16 hours ago, xen said:

I was reacting to the assertion of his play last year.  I assume he is getting better.

Out of that shit show we had up front last year, I thought he played the best. Of course I agree that "the best" compared to the oline this year would be "meh". He's definitely considered good depth tho. 

3 hours ago, artsy said:

Out of that shit show we had up front last year, I thought he played the best. Of course I agree that "the best" compared to the oline this year would be "meh". He's definitely considered good depth tho. 

Can you imagine playing in the SB with Andrew Wylie as a starter 2 yrs in a row?

17 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Can you imagine playing in the SB with Andrew Wylie as a starter 2 yrs in a row?

Wylie has actually had some good games this year.  He seems to be improving some.  Still our worst starter but he's not trash with better starters next to him at least.

4 hours ago, xen said:

Wylie has actually had some good games this year.  He seems to be improving some.  Still our worst starter but he's not trash with better starters next to him at least.

The rest of the line makes Wylie better plus he now has more experience at RT.  Can't blame Veach for the shortage.  He had no way of knowing Niang, Remmers, and Long would be out so much.