Morning after Bengals game

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

We are much better with a lot of blitzing IMO. But I don't know. Maybe sitting back in zone would have been better. It just doesn't look pretty when we try. I really think our corners need the ball to come out quickly to have the best chance.

This game is about match ups. The Raiders thought they were best not plying cover two. They got torched. KC has lost to 5 good offenses. In those games the defense was not good. Yes KC could have scored more points and will need to in the play offs. I expect similar results against the KC defense. 

20 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

This game is about match ups. The Raiders thought they were best not plying cover two. They got torched. KC has lost to 5 good offenses. In those games the defense was not good. Yes KC could have scored more points and will need to in the play offs. I expect similar results against the KC defense. 

It has been a long time since we lost. I think it is a little unfair to say this defense is suddenly reverted back to the beginning of the year. We lost to a damn good offense that is peaking and we lost by an end of game field goal. I wouldn't waive the white flag just yet. This D is good.

We are a better team than they are and will beat them in the playoffs. You can't win them all. 

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

It has been a long time since we lost. I think it is a little unfair to say this defense is suddenly reverted back to the beginning of the year. We lost to a damn good offense that is peaking and we lost by an end of game field goal. I wouldn't waive the white flag just yet. This D is good.

We are a better team than they are and will beat them in the playoffs. You can't win them all. 

454C5381-A8FB-4D6C-ABC6-74A067AB83CA.jpeg

At the end of day we only scored 3 points in the second half. That is not good enough. 

Defensive calls on switching the game plan to eliminate Chase is another that is not good enough. 

Im still pissed as others with the 3rd and 27 but nothing we can do. 

I would love t be the fly on the wall with Reid and Veach talking about what went wrong in this game. 

18 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

At the end of day we only scored 3 points in the second half. That is not good enough. 

Defensive calls on switching the game plan to eliminate Chase is another that is not good enough. 

Im still pissed as others with the 3rd and 27 but nothing we can do. 

I would love t be the fly on the wall with Reid and Veach talking about what went wrong in this game. 

I'm sure they just talked about how they need to coach harder and better. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I am saying you don't tell the deep safety which corner to help before the snap. Hell, you don't even know which WR is going deep before the snap. The player has to make the judgement call during the play. 

So you don't think that decisions not to let certain players beat you take place before the game even starts, or during in-game adjustments?

You are saying guys like Tyreek Hill or Jamarr Chase are doubled constantly simply because the safeties are responding to the routes they run?

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So you don't think that decisions not to let certain players beat you take place before the game even starts, or during in-game adjustments?

You are saying guys like Tyreek Hill or Jamarr Chase are doubled constantly simply because the safeties are responding to the routes they run?

No, what I am saying is Chase could run a slant. I don’t want my deep safety committed to covering that. He has to make a decision based on the play. If Chars goes deep, I think I am going to help Ward with that.  

And to add, ward and Fenton are good corners too.

todays nfl favors the wr. It’s that simple. Those guys are better than most, and play well the majority of the time. The biggest issue yesterday was safety play and tackling.

3 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

No overreacting just some people are pissed. 

Maybe the Chiefs didn’t want the Bye week as much as we thought. Makes sense, I mean, how many AFC playoff teams can you lose to in one season? 

They just won 7 in a row and won the division. Cincy was playing for the division for the first time in a long time. It meant a lot to them. The chiefs had the lead, and it’s nothing new to us to see games blown. Chiefs are fine.

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

They just won 7 in a row and won the division. Cincy was playing for the division for the first time in a long time. It meant a lot to them. The chiefs had the lead, and it’s nothing new to us to see games blown. Chiefs are fine.

Ah man the Bengals always do this shit. Would rather lose to them now though that's for sure. 

44 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Sneed can cover anyone. 
yesterday was a ton of missed tackles

great catches by chase against really good coverage at times 

it was a bad game 

major overreaction 

I don't blame our corners. As a group, I'd put our CBs in the top of the league. But very few teams got scorched like Chase toasted us. This was a coaching issue. 

I am as frustrated as y'all about the game. I thought Ward actually did a great job hanging with Chase. He was in position in a lot of those throws. Even got his hand on the ball on the 3rd and 27 play. Chase was just in a zone and was not going to be denied. I totally think Spags crapped the bed by not making adjustments in the 2nd half. Someone said we got outcoached? I agree 1000%.

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

I am as frustrated as y'all about the game. I thought Ward actually did a great job hanging with Chase. He was in position in a lot of those throws. Even got his hand on the ball on the 3rd and 27 play. Chase was just in a zone and was not going to be denied. I totally think Spags crapped the bed by not making adjustments in the 2nd half. Someone said we got outcoached? I agree 1000%.

Reid too in the second half. Liked those quick short passes in the first half and using the RB.

13 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Reid too in the second half. Liked those quick short passes in the first half and using the RB.

You keep bringing up the second half 3 points. Yeah it sucked and some of that is on the calls. 
but do you realize we only had 3 possessions in the second half?

a lot of the bengals drives were prolonged by bad calls allowing the bengals to continue to milk the clock. It would be interesting to know how many drives were prolonged by bad calls. I would guess at least 3. 
one of our 3 drives was ended by a bad holding call where the defender had our lineman’s face mask, and if you call it on us at the end it should have been called here too. The other drive ended when Hill was tackled 15 yards down the field with a no call by officials. Should have prolonged our drive. 
the last drive we got our field goal. 

you need to stop with your narrative about only 3 points. While true there was some fishy things going on outside of Reid control to do anything. 

This game actually went how I realistically thought it could go, and hoping the Chiefs would come out with the win. What's disappointing is I was getting encouraged looking at the 1st half score (through rose-colored glasses) thinking the Chiefs were on a different level now, and ready to roll everyone.

7 hours ago, DieHard said:

The issue wasn't Spags. We played a lot of man with blitz.  You kind of have to do that. We better do it next time we see them. The problem is deep safety help was not there. If use watch Ward get worked for over 200 yards and you as a the deep safety, still don't go over to help him, that is a problem. That may have been why Thornhill was in the doghouse early in the season IMO. But in both there defenses, Chase was making some stupid good catches. Safety help or Ward turning his head either could have limited it.

It is at least partly Spags' fault.  Can anyone give one solid reason why Sorenson is playing high safety?  Spags TRUSTS him for some reason, but no way can Sorenson help deep.  

6 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I don't blame our corners. As a group, I'd put our CBs in the top of the league. But very few teams got scorched like Chase toasted us. This was a coaching issue. 

Yep.

I’ve watched it twice. Coverage was really good on some the catches. The breakaways were a joke and on the players.

not doubling chase was on the coaches in key moments. 

3 hours ago, xen said:

Tbh I think spags should have just went to 2 high after the first quarter and stopped blitzing.  Our dline was killing them with no help. Oh well, live and learn.  I expect a rematch would go differently.

Yep. Just bad scheming. Dan should have been nowhere that field against that type of offense. They should have went with Juan, tyran (who had a bad day), Fenton, sneed, Ward.

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

Yep. Just bad scheming. Dan should have been nowhere that field against that type of offense. They should have went with Juan, tyran (who had a bad day), Fenton, sneed, Ward.

If they stop all the blitzes they could have chipped and pressed Chase at the line.  Another half second was all the difference in the world with how our dline was playing.   They were converting a ton of low percentage throws.

They'll need to play them how teams have been playing us.

4 sacks, 10 qb hits, a ton of pressures.  3.6 yards per carry for Mixon.  The dline was killing it.  No need for all the zero blitzes.

3 hours ago, xen said:

If they stop all the blitzes they could have chipped and pressed Chase at the line.  Another half second was all the difference in the world with how our dline was playing.   They were converting a ton of low percentage throws.

They'll need to play them how teams have been playing us.

4 sacks, 10 qb hits, a ton of pressures.  3.6 yards per carry for Mixon.  The dline was killing it.  No need for all the zero blitzes.

Agree. That’s why I’m arguing dime or 2 high etc. with Gay and Bolton. 
They didn’t need to bring anyone extra Sunday. Live and learn. Stop falling in love with Dan again please.