Chiefs will play on Saturday Afternoon

5 minutes ago, sith13 said:

It may not be a popular opinion but I think the prime time for NFL is Sunday noon. Can't blame them scheduling the game on Saturday as the stakes are as low as it gets compared to quite a few others around the league and definitely don't mind the extra rest day before the playoff game. 

That extra day goes miles. 

1 minute ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

Awesome.  Thanks NFL.  Screw us with shitty refs for the Bengals game, now take away a day of rest/preparation.

Maybe the NFL will make our offensive line play with one hand tied behind their backs for the wild card game the week after next.

We get the same rest and prep time as the broncos.  And an extra day heading into the playoffs compared to whoever our 1st round opponent is. Not sure how we are getting anything but help. 

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

When the Chiefs lose, I avoid any and all highlight shows and put it behind me. When they win I channel surf for anything I can find Chiefs related and usually re-watch the game. 

Ha ha, I've done the same thing. When the Chiefs win, I can't find enough coverage. I will refresh this site over & over. At times it seems like negative stuff gets more discussion.  

15 hours ago, azchief21 said:

When the Chiefs lose, I avoid any and all highlight shows and put it behind me. When they win I channel surf for anything I can find Chiefs related and usually re-watch the game. 

I like to stick to the classics. The SB win and the wired video are a loop playing in the background from time to time.

On 1/3/2022 at 10:32 AM, sith13 said:

It may not be a popular opinion but I think the prime time for NFL is Sunday noon. Can't blame them scheduling the game on Saturday as the stakes are as low as it gets compared to quite a few others around the league and definitely don't mind the extra rest day before the playoff game. 

If I had my way, the Chiefs wouldn't play a game at any day or time other than Sunday noon.  I loathe all the other timeslots.  

The stakes really aren't that low.  A Chiefs loss would be quite a big deal in terms of seeding and how the playoffs shake out.  

On 1/3/2022 at 5:08 PM, azchief21 said:

Yep.

32 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Bridgewater and Surtain didn't practice today.  Brown was limited which is probably a plus.  Chiefs need to win this one.  

Chiefs SHOULD win this one. But don't put it past a division team, who desperately want to get some payback for a long losing streak, to find a way to stick it to the Chiefs. Especially if the refs get involved.🙄

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs SHOULD win this one. But don't put it past a division team, who desperately want to get some payback for a long losing streak, to find a way to stick it to the Chiefs. Especially if the refs get involved.🙄

Not to mention some of the players probably playing for an offseason paycheck as a losing team doesn't really inflate their value. 

On 1/3/2022 at 6:08 PM, azchief21 said:

That’s exactly how I react. When the Chiefs lose, I usually give up football altogether until the next kickoff. 

10 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I guess we don’t know if chiefs will be playing on sat or sun on wildcard weekend. This sat game against Denver May work out well  if end up playing on the Saturday on wild card weekend. Get the full 7 days. 

Don't forget this year they have a Monday night game on wildcard weekend. If it ends up being the Chargers n KC and considering how the first 2 have gone i could see the league putting that game on Monday night.  

14 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Don't forget this year they have a Monday night game on wildcard weekend. If it ends up being the Chargers n KC and considering how the first 2 have gone i could see the league putting that game on Monday night.  

WTF? I hope it's on ABC as well. MNF  Playoff games is just wrong on soo many levels IMO

22 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I didnt know this. Interesting.