Broncos game day thread

Yea, the defense reverting. Spags not leveraging his guys. Playing stubborn.

also, no rb had more Carries than 7 I think.

44 pass attempts for less than 300 yards

4 main secondary guys out for Denver 

lmao, I didn’t overreact last week, and I won’t this week. 

but let’s be honest, this isn’t the team of the last 2 years. Don’t be surprised in the playoffs if they get rolled 

Spags!!

He is really sucking right now. Just his pure stubbornness is mind numbing. 

Playing Hitchens so damn much is ridiculous.  When Hitchens was hurt, our defense played the best!

Now? Its either Hitchens and Gay and Hitchens and Bolton.  WTF?

I really thought we’d be playing our best once we made the Super Bowl.  Now, I don’t see us making it out of the first round.  This team has an odd habit of dick punching themselves just to see how it feels…

I’m terrified of how good Denver will be with a legit QB and a new coach.  

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We just won our 12th game and clinched the #2 seed going into the playoffs.  Reading through this thread you would think we were a 6 win team. You guys are something else.

1st time in the GameDay thread?  🤣

It's always like this unless we win 40-0.  Overreacting is the norm.  Both ways.  We're either going to win ALL THE GAMES RAWR or we're the worst fucking team in history.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

We have a ton of money next year as long as we don’t do something stupid with guys like Matthieu 

Not sure we do.   Hill, award, HB, andOrlando Brown.  If we don’t sign HB (which at this point would be stupid IMO) then we might.   We have a ton of FA holes to fill and Clark and Hitchens will free up enough for Hill and Brown if we are really lucky.   Cap jumps up which will help but we can probably get those two resigned and nab 1 upper tier free agent and one mid tier guy.   That mid tier guy might be Ward.   Gonna need another good wr, 2 DEs, LB, 2 S and 2 Dbs.   What Veach finds he typically overpays an avg dude at a position that should be overpaid (LB, S, IOL).  When our team is constructed like it is, it becomes even more important to maximize positional value.   MLBs shouldn’t be making upper teens.   Intelligent yet physically limited S shouldn’t be making 20 million per unless they are Leire game changers.   Our two don’t even like to tackle.   We will always be competitive with Veach but we need another great draft like last year and find another gem at a premium position.   JMO.

Gonna need

7 minutes ago, xen said:

1st time in the GameDay thread?  🤣

It's always like this unless we win 40-0.  Overreacting is the norm.  Both ways.  We're either going to win ALL THE GAMES RAWR or we're the worst fucking team in history.

haha!!  I hade to bow out when it was looking rough.  We will see how it shakes out in the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Relax. This game didn't mean much for the Chiefs. Denver really needed this more.

?   It means a ton for the Chiefs with the #1 seed in play.   It means nothing for the Broncos as they are out of the playoffs and losing helps them.    We walked in here and thought we would torch them and one ST flub switched momentum and we went from possibly being able to rest starters to a dog fight.   That’s not championship caliber.   That’s an undisciplined superior team that found a way to win vs an inferior and pathetic team.   

I hope that’s why, because we overlooked but we’ve played in 50% of our games playing down to opponents.   When you can’t stop a one dimensional team with a horrible qb after a debacle in the previous week that lends me to believe we were more smoke and mirrors during That winning streak.   

We can still win it all but our margin for error is pretty thin at this point.   Offense has to be perfect.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

?   It means a ton for the Chiefs with the #1 seed in play.   It means nothing for the Broncos as they are out of the playoffs and losing helps them.    We walked in here and thought we would torch them and one ST flub switched momentum and we went from possibly being able to rest starters to a dog fight.   That’s not championship caliber.   That’s an undisciplined superior team that found a way to win vs an inferior and pathetic team.   

I hope that’s why, because we overlooked but we’ve played in 50% of our games playing down to opponents.   When you can’t stop a one dimensional team with a horrible qb after a debacle in the previous week that lends me to believe we were more smoke and mirrors during That winning streak.   

We can still win it all but our margin for error is pretty thin at this point.   Offense has to be perfect.

Defense at Arrowhead is different this year. The defense needed a wake up call.

2 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Any chance the coaches were playing vanilla yesterday?

I think there is a chance of that but IMO  kinda foolish if so. The Turf was beyond bad so that might of changed things up too. It really slowed the Chiefs down.

On another subject.. I guess  Jones did not get his 10th sack so no $1.25 Mil Bonus?

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think there is a chance of that but IMO  kinda foolish if so. The Turf was beyond bad so that might of changed things up too. It really slowed the Chiefs down.

On another subject.. I guess  Jones did not get his 10th sack so no $1.25 Mil Bonus?

I believe your right about jones. 
chump change for him but for me I’d be pissed. 

Broncos fired HC Vic Fangio.

The Denver gig was Fangio's first head coaching opportunity. He was a defensive coordinator for 18 years before Denver hired him ahead of the 2019 season. Unsurprisingly, defense wasn't an issue during his time in Denver. The Broncos finished top-10 in points allowed in two of his three seasons but were never able to pair that stalwart defense with a competent offense. Saddled with Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater for most of his time at the helm, Fangio was unable to crack the top-20 in points scored even once. He pointed this out in his final presser, noting elite quarterback play as the biggest difference between his team and the rest of AFC West. While a bit unnecessary, Fangio wasn't wrong. With the book closed on his first shot at leading a team, Fangio now sits at 19-30 as a head coach. Given how well Denver's defense played during his tenure, Fangio could easily land a job as a defensive coordinator in the coming months.

RELATED: 

7 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Broncos fired HC Vic Fangio.

The Denver gig was Fangio's first head coaching opportunity. He was a defensive coordinator for 18 years before Denver hired him ahead of the 2019 season. Unsurprisingly, defense wasn't an issue during his time in Denver. The Broncos finished top-10 in points allowed in two of his three seasons but were never able to pair that stalwart defense with a competent offense. Saddled with Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater for most of his time at the helm, Fangio was unable to crack the top-20 in points scored even once. He pointed this out in his final presser, noting elite quarterback play as the biggest difference between his team and the rest of AFC West. While a bit unnecessary, Fangio wasn't wrong. With the book closed on his first shot at leading a team, Fangio now sits at 19-30 as a head coach. Given how well Denver's defense played during his tenure, Fangio could easily land a job as a defensive coordinator in the coming months.

RELATED: 

I like vangio as a D coordinator.