Can the Chiefs do it?

Can they make to back to the SB and win it.  They look tired and beat up. The homer in me says yes, but the realist isn't sure. We will know how it shakes out after tomorrow. 

it's been a fun time with Mahomes at QB

Today doesn’t install much confidence but I also think chiefs know there in and that may have been part of the problem. 

its going to be a heavyweight fight each round but if chiefs don’t hurt themselves they are probably the toughest out in football. I like there chances to represent the afc. 
It’s sure nice being a chiefs fan when u have a qb that knows when it’s go time. 

3 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

If the defense plays like they did in the middle of the season, yes. This is a year in which the defense has to win games. KC also needs to play a complete game at some point so they don’t fail against an inferior team.

Agreed, but not sure they will be facing many inferior teams in the (playoffs some may say the colts). They seem to really step it up in the playoffs based on history. 

Mistakes life in the last two games will kill the Chiefs against the Chargers or Bills. (possible first two games)  Anderson running into the punter and the hold on Pringles return last week were game changing  Penalties, poor tackling, blown coverages, and Sorenson playing two high are frustrating.  Pulling Gay and Bolden out in critical situations is baffling.  Maybe we see a more alert team next week.  If not, it will likely be one and done.  

Yet to see a complete game in my mind. The offense continues to stall on a consistent basis. The D came on strong, but has regressed once again. Fortunately, the AFC seems to be a toss up without a truly dominant team. I think Buffalo, Chargers, and Indy's run game concern me the most. 

8 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Yet to see a complete game in my mind. The offense continues to stall on a consistent basis. The D came on strong, but has regressed once again. Fortunately, the AFC seems to be a toss up without a truly dominant team. I think Buffalo, Chargers, and Indy's run game concern me the most. 

What more did you need to see when we beat Oakland 48-9 that would make you call that a complete game? Or when we dismantled the Steelers 36-10 in a game that mattered to both teams...

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What more did you need to see when we beat Oakland 48-9 that would make you call that a complete game? Or when we dismantled the Steelers 36-10 in a game that mattered to both teams...

I was thinking of those games, but don't think it will matter to anyone until they see it in the playoffs.  The Chiefs offense was so dominate in the past that it's hard for anyone to expect anything else. 

It's insane to think that the Chiefs have a QB who threw for 37 TD's  4,839 yards and 13 INT's and we're still worried about this team like the old days. I don't necessarily blame people, but it just interesting the bar that has been set.

As it stands a Hard NO.  Something has been off with Pat allllll season long.  And the defense is struggling hard.  Big Maybe to get out if the first round.  But past that nope.

There is no reason they should have lost last week and barely won yesterday.  Definitely Not in championship form.

Tennessee and packers is what I’m calling.  Packers to win it all.

37 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

As it stands a Hard NO.  Something has been off with Pat allllll season long.  And the defense is struggling hard.  Big Maybe to get out if the first round.  But past that nope.

There is no reason they should have lost last week and barely won yesterday.  Definitely Not in championship form.

Tennessee and packers is what I’m calling.  Packers to win it all.

It's called wife and child with the accumulation of more games played in the last 3 seasons than any other QB

Who TF is this Anderson guy???

Im thinking the team was a little complacent in the regular season. Thats human nature. Guys may have avoided a few risky hits to be available for the play offs. 

I dont think they lack confidence. May be a little  too confident. Could be the same for the coaches. Even Andy may have kept the offense in a conservative mode to help Mahomes with pocket presence. 

I think a different team shows up next week and Andy will have some real surprises.

This team can and will beat anyone, as long as it doesn't beat itself with stupid mistakes.  I think we are clearly the best team in the AFC, it's those schizophrenic spans where the team goes flat and stomps all over it's own dick that leave me less than 100% on how far this team can go.

At this point, I don't really care about the defense, this team is built around the offense, and will go as far as the offense carries them.  If the receivers can string together 3 straight games without a drop or turnover, I think we win the Super Bowl.  Between dropped balls going for INTs and drops killing drives, I think that's been the most inconsistent and costly group on the entire team.  If they can not make mistakes, I think we can do this. 

I do think the Titans are more likely to get upset in a divisional home game than the Chiefs... JMO.