Can the Chiefs do it?

10 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Just pressure Big Ben. Thats the game in a nut shell. 

Yep, Big Ben can't get rid of the ball fast enough and can't scramble. Pass rush will take care of him, just need to stop the run and occasional tackling from the secondary wouldn't hurt. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

We are literally limping into the playoffs and very lucky to get Pitt. Yes, we can win it all. Health at OT and DL are very worrisome in my mind. I sure hope Williams is ok. McKinnon looks good though. 

I really like both Gore and McKinnon but neither is a threat in both the ground and in the air. Williams is the closest thing we have to a complete RB, it may not be as critical this week but he could be very critical going forward.

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

I really like both Gore and McKinnon but neither is a threat in both the ground and in the air. Williams is the closest thing we have to a complete RB, it may not be as critical this week but he could be very critical going forward.

I trust McKinnon and Gore to move the ball and catches the passes.  They have more speed and McKinnon looked pretty good against the Donks.  Where the Chiefs will miss Williams is in pas pro.  Watt scares me going up against Wylie.  

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Gore and McKinnon should have been getting the ball all year anyway. They’ll step up 

It will likely be CEH & Williams. Hope a few McKinnon gadget plays.

During his usual Zoom press conference early Monday afternoon, Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid had a few key injury updates to share. On Sunday night, the Chiefs will host the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL’s Wild Card round.

As it turns out, the Steelers were the last team that running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire played against; he injured his shoulder during Kansas City’s Week 16 matchup with Pittsburgh. But after missing two games and six straight practices, Edwards-Helaire has a chance to return to the field this weekend.

“He’s making great progress,” said Reid. “I think we’ll be able to get a little work out of him this week. We’ll see. We’ll see how the next couple of days go. He’s got a great attitude and wants to be out there.”

And finally, Reid had an update on another injury that occurred during Saturday’s game — this on running back Darrel Williams, who missed the second half after injuring his toe.

“Yeah. Darrel, his toe was sore,” said Reid. “It’s still a little tender, but he’s working through that. We’ll just see how he does this week, but I’d anticipate him going.”

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

I trust McKinnon and Gore to move the ball and catches the passes.  They have more speed and McKinnon looked pretty good against the Donks.  Where the Chiefs will miss Williams is in pas pro.  Watt scares me going up against Wylie.  

Watt could be a real problem. Not sure if we can actually double him but I'm pretty sure Smith will get some action against him as well. Haven't really seen Gore or McKinnon enough in pass protection to be sure but wouldn't be surprised if they struggle. 

16 hours ago, sith13 said:

Watt could be a real problem. Not sure if we can actually double him but I'm pretty sure Smith will get some action against him as well. Haven't really seen Gore or McKinnon enough in pass protection to be sure but wouldn't be surprised if they struggle. 

thats where the BellDozer and the FB come in

On 1/10/2022 at 10:57 PM, sith13 said:

Williams & CEH will play.

I think it is not going to be an easy run, but if the Chiefs play good football,  I think they have an excellent chance barring any terrible injuries.

This team is much more capable of surviving teams using the strategy of taking away Kelce and Hill.  Pringle is really becoming a reliable target.  Hardman seems to have found his role.  Robinson is playing more consistent football and we have maybe found a devastating new element in McKinnon.  I do not see a team that is going to be able to stop the Chiefs.  Defensively, the only team that really scares me at all , are the Bengals. On the NFC side,  Tampa Bay, Green Bay, and Los Angeles are teams I think the Chiefs should be able to handle.  I think San Francisco poses the greatest challenge.  They have a devastating running attack and a problematic weapon in Debo Samuel.  It shall be interesting how this weekend plays out.  

The two away teams in the NFC have a good chance to win.  It is going to be very interesting how these games play out. Green Bay is not particullarly good against the run and that is what the 49'ers do the best.  The Rams have had problems against them as well,  so if the Rams pull the upset ,  we could be looking at a rematch of Super Bowl LIV.  I think their chances really hinge on whether Garapollo can stay healthy enough to play. If he goes down to injury, I think they are done.  Tampa Bay is another team to watch, although they seem to be experiencing some of the same injury problems that hampered the Chiefs last year.  They have injury problems on the offensive line that could spell trouble this weekend against the 49'ers.  There is also significant injury concern at running back and the 49'ers have linebackers that can neutralize Gronkowski.  Going to be a lot of fun this weekend on the NFC side of things.

The Bengals at the Titans will be interesting to watch.  Will Henry be any good or will he be more of a decoy.  Which team shows up.  I like the Titans in this one and I would like to see the Chiefs get another crack at the Titans.  I will not complain if the Chiefs end up hosting the AFC Championship,  I think the Bengals are a good draft and offseason away from being a real threat to win a championship.  Happy watching this weekend,  I think we are going to have 4 great games.