LT $866,865 46

LT $674,714 47

LT $667,436 48

Joshua Miles

ari.png ARI

LT $648,644 

Pretty crazy how much SF pays a LT.

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

The fact that he gets beat around the edge instantly 90% of the time and the only reason only 4 sacks are allowed is mahomes is houdini back there

I mean, it always looks ugly with OBJ but this is simply not true.  He has a career pass block win rate around 90%, which is top 10 since he's been in the league.  Even with his early struggles as he adjusted to a new system and has been working new techniques, he's right up there this year.  Sure he'll give one up here and there (most tackles do, even great ones) but for the most part, since the first quarter of the season he's been good to great in most games.  

Again it may look ugly but there's no question it's effective.  If you isolate on him in coaches tape he wins on the regular.  Once he gets his hands on a guy the rep is essentially over.

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

18 per year for 5 years.   5/90

As long as there's a good out after 3, where we can either renegotiate or cut bait.  Big contracts over the long term are almost always better for the player than the franchise, and I'm pretty sure that we're going to be handing out a big contract to the center in 3 years.  

4 hours ago, xen said:

I mean, it always looks ugly with OBJ but this is simply not true.  He has a career pass block win rate around 90%, which is top 10 since he's been in the league.  Even with his early struggles as he adjusted to a new system and has been working new techniques, he's right up there this year.  Sure he'll give one up here and there (most tackles do, even great ones) but for the most part, since the first quarter of the season he's been good to great in most games.  

Again it may look ugly but there's no question it's effective.  If you isolate on him in coaches tape he wins on the regular.  Once he gets his hands on a guy the rep is essentially over.

Ok, I respect this informed post, some good info here. Let me just say its not that i hate obj, but the chiefs absolutely have to stop paying top dollar for non elite players like frank clark, hitchens, eric berry, matheui etc. Its not that any of them are god awful, its just none of them are real difference makers over some random free agent that might be 1/3 the price.

for instance eric fischer will be a free agent again, him for a 2 year deal for 7 mil a year is way more appealing to me than obj at 5 for 70 mil.

if we do keep obj i hope its somehow at 10 mil a year max, which I personally think is fair for his talent) and i hope he is able to drop about 20-30 pounds to gain some mobility over the offseason.

i would personally let him walk, plug the hole in free agency or draft, as i dont think the performance dropoff will be significant, and use the extra 10 mil in cap saving for depth and wr and d line

31 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Ok, I respect this informed post, some good info here. Let me just say its not that i hate obj, but the chiefs absolutely have to stop paying top dollar for non elite players like frank clark, hitchens, eric berry, matheui etc. Its not that any of them are god awful, its just none of them are real difference makers over some random free agent that might be 1/3 the price.

for instance eric fischer will be a free agent again, him for a 2 year deal for 7 mil a year is way more appealing to me than obj at 5 for 70 mil.

if we do keep obj i hope its somehow at 10 mil a year max, which I personally think is fair for his talent) and i hope he is able to drop about 20-30 pounds to gain some mobility over the offseason.

i would personally let him walk, plug the hole in free agency or draft, as i dont think the performance dropoff will be significant, and use the extra 10 mil in cap saving for depth and wr and d line

I think we'll have to agree to disagree.  I think he is a great player already and still ascending.

I actually had questions about his feet when we traded for him.  I just hadn't watched enough of him to realize he's so goddamn long amd freakishly strong it usually doesn't matter.  Seriously if he so much as gets 1 hand on a guy the rep is done.  He's also a smarter player than I realized.  Really sets guys up well.  

Just now, Calichief said:

Penny and a big body WR.

Okay. Penny should be rather cheap as he needs to prove he can stay healthy to earn a real contract. I don't mind bringing him in but would prefer to hang on to Williams instead if he doesn't cost a lot. We had a major need for a big possession receiver for quite a while, don't know who'll be available in FA but the way WRs have been taking too long to develop in this regime I definitely prefer a veteran over a mid-late round rookie. 

9 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think its the same approach as last year. We can't just say let him go and plug in another LT if the market isn't there to to replace. Hill and Kelce have a window and the last thing we need is to create yet another need when the answer is already in house. Draft isn't a guarantee and we NEED a DE, WR and CB replacements this year. Is what it is and we have an in house answer with OBJ. Need solutions, not more problems and holes. 

This is the correct take.

standing ovation applause GIF

10 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I dont think the Chiefs want a 2 year fix. I think they want a guy who can protect Mahomes blindside for the long term. And there is no second contract player that is going to play at Browns level for 10 million per. 

He is the second rated tackle in all of football in run block win rate. And like Xen said, he is top 10% in pass block win rate. That's a player that is close to elite at one of the most important positions on the field and he's not done improving. What you are describing when you watch him play doesn't match up with any metrics or stats. 

Signing a tackle on the downside of his career like Fisher also means you have to invest a second resource in his future replacement. Clearly that's not Niang because you said last week "he shouldn't be on the team next year." Which would mean you are ok with the idea of going into the offseason in the exact same situation we did last year. No starter at either tacke spot. That makes even less sense to me.

Plus signing Fisher is a move that a team with a closing window would make. Our window is wide open and is always going to be as long as 15 is here. Paying Brown is the right thing to do.

Reading thru all of the posts Veach sure has some tough decisions to make. 
When it comes to the o  and d line I don’t mind spending money on guys that actually perform relative to there contract. The trenches are the key. 
I have a lot more confidence in young guys after seeing Bolton and creed. I hope Veach and Reid do also. 

Thankfully the cap keeps going up and we have two cheap lineman that should get us through the majority of OBJ's deal and all of Thuney's deal.   It really does work itself out nicely.    

A couple needs we didn't think we needed before season that should be addressed mid - late round.

I would love to grab the Cook RB out of Georgia in the mid rounds if he lasts that long.  We need a RB with home run speed in this offense or a fast one cut rb.   

A LT/RT prospect that could potentially start at RT next year.   

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Thankfully the cap keeps going up and we have two cheap lineman that should get us through the majority of OBJ's deal and all of Thuney's deal.   It really does work itself out nicely.    

A couple needs we didn't think we needed before season that should be addressed mid - late round.

I would love to grab the Cook RB out of Georgia in the mid rounds if he lasts that long.  We need a RB with home run speed in this offense or a fast one cut rb.   

A LT/RT prospect that could potentially start at RT next year.   

I really like Cook but I would prioritize WR over RB at this point. If we can retain Williams and bring in a decent option in FA we should be fine at RB considering that CEH is still here for a while and we are going to pay for him regardless. I always thought a swing tackle in this draft was a mid to late round consideration but with Niang's health issues he may end up being the swing tackle after a relatively higher OT pick comes in as the RT.

Spags has always seemed to undervalue the CB position so I see that as piecemeal FA stuff. Chiefs will resign or sign retreads to handle it. It is essential we get a quality DE who can pressure the QB. #1 priority in my book After that a true "X".