Steelers V Chiefs

9 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Would love to see a noon game as opposed to a freezing Sunday night but may be Reid decides to run the ball more. At least we have that extra time off which should help out the OL quite a bit.

granted I'm 2 hrs East of KC but weather looks to be no issue 38/23 and clear

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

granted I'm 2 hrs East of KC but weather looks to be no issue 38/23 and clear

Obviously they are never perfectly accurate but weather.com has some strong winds for Sunday night. Still it's the Steelers so we should be fine but I'm way too scared of injuries for future games in cold dry weather now.  

11 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Which Chiefs team shows up Sunday? How much will we see the Neimann Sorenson package? This game hinges on so much.

THE KC playoff team shows up. They have been waiting for this for ever. Now its real football for KC. Thats a different team.

1 hour ago, xen said:

TJ Watt is such a beast.  No one else on that teams scares me that much.  Loved Chase Claypool in the draft though.  Wanted us to grab him though with how inconsistent he's been y'all would probably already hate him

Watt, Claypool, and Harris plus maybe Johnson at times are the only weapons the Steelers have.  It's hard to imagine them scoring enough to win, but the Chiefs have to get Wylie help to keep Watt off Mahomes. 

And please, let's not watch Sorenson chasing Claypool deep across the field. 

During his usual Zoom press conference early Monday afternoon, Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid had a few key injury updates to share. On Sunday night, the Chiefs will host the Pittsburgh Steelers in the NFL’s Wild Card round.

As it turns out, the Steelers were the last team that running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire played against; he injured his shoulder during Kansas City’s Week 16 matchup with Pittsburgh. But after missing two games and six straight practices, Edwards-Helaire has a chance to return to the field this weekend.

“He’s making great progress,” said Reid. “I think we’ll be able to get a little work out of him this week. We’ll see. We’ll see how the next couple of days go. He’s got a great attitude and wants to be out there.”

Tyreek Hill injured his heel warming up for the team’s game against the Denver Broncos on Saturday, seeing limited snaps in the game. Reid also had positive news when it came to his star wide receiver.

“The heel was sore after the game, and it’s making a little progress the other way,” he said. “We’re anticipating he’s going to be OK to go. He’s another one that wants to play every snap he can.”

And finally, Reid had an update on another injury that occurred during Saturday’s game — this on running back Darrel Williams, who missed the second half after injuring his toe.

“Yeah. Darrel, his toe was sore,” said Reid. “It’s still a little tender, but he’s working through that. We’ll just see how he does this week, but I’d anticipate him going.”

Having all three players healthy and fresh for the playoffs would give the Chiefs an obvious boost. The first official injury report of the week will be posted on Wednesday afternoon — when their respective practice statuses will be revealed.

6 hours ago, xen said:

TJ Watt is such a beast.  No one else on that teams scares me that much.  Loved Chase Claypool in the draft though.  Wanted us to grab him though with how inconsistent he's been y'all would probably already hate him

Cameron Heyward is badass. Their DL has a few ballplayers.

8 hours ago, xen said:

Was he injured against us? He had one tackle and no sacks

3 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

We better show up.  I don’t like all the talk about the Steelers being a gimme.

Not a gimme, but it's hard to see the Steelers scoring a lot of points.  The Chiefs should have Kelce and Hill this time around so if Pringle and Hardman repeat their recent games, they should score plenty.  It will take turnovers and penalties to have an upset.