Steelers V Chiefs

Darrel Williams (toe) was practicing again on Thursday. 

Williams was "limited" on Wednesday, and will likely remain so for Thursday. His continued participation comes as Clyde Edwards-Helaire was downgraded from "limited" to "DNP" Thursday. Williams could be needed to carry the load against the Steelers on Thursday evening, but CEH's status is genuinely uncertain. It is possible the Chiefs are being careful with his reps after such a long layoff. We will hopefully know more by the time official game designations are issued on Friday. 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) was absent from the portion of Chiefs practice open to the media on Thursday. 

This would be a downgrade for the sophomore back after he got his week off on the right foot with a "limited" session on Wednesday. It is possible this is part of a pre-planned maintenance routine. It's also possible CEH's shoulder did not respond well to Wednesday's session. At this point, he should be considered genuinely questionable for Sunday night's game against the Steelers. Clarity might not be coming on Wednesday, where "DNP," "limited" or otherwise, he should earn a "Q" tag for the Wild Card Round. Darrel Williams (toe) was practicing Thursday. 

53 minutes ago, mex said:

Not sure who put that out... hope it wasn't anyone in the Chiefs organization because that's just the kind of shit that gets you beat.

I agree. It had to be some homer. I can't really see anyone who knows anything about football and been watching the chiefs can be cocky/over confident. The chiefs have really been inconsistent/up and down all season. One game the defense will show, then one game the offense will show up. It's been rare that all 3 units showed up and played their best ball.

I'm personally gonna be nervous throughout the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

I agree. It had to be some homer. I can't really see anyone who knows anything about football and been watching the chiefs can be cocky/over confident. The chiefs have really been inconsistent/up and down all season. One game the defense will show, then one game the offense will show up. It's been rare that all 3 units showed up and played their best ball.

I'm personally gonna be nervous throughout the playoffs. 

Well all 3 played well last time we played the Steelers. 

My only concern is that Mike Tomlin didn’t suddenly forget how to coach and the fact that the Chiefs offense can start strong in the first half of most games then disappear in the second half. 
Still confident in a victory as long as Mahomes is the QB. 

15 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

My only concern is that Mike Tomlin didn’t suddenly forget how to coach and the fact that the Chiefs offense can start strong in the first half of most games then disappear in the second half. 
Still confident in a victory as long as Mahomes is the QB. 

As long as Mahomes is on the field we have a chance to win any game.  That’s something that I constantly remind myself whenever I’m watching a game things don’t seem to be going our way.  We just need a shot at the end and be within a score.  

41 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Hope Shawn Smith isn’t going to pull a Jeff Triplette. There is always the Zebras. And Pitt is a “glory team”.

Hey!
Maybe they will suddenly have another last second referee crew change like the Bengals game for whatever group of asshats it was that reffed the last Super Bowl game. 

3 hours ago, mex said:

Not sure who put that out... hope it wasn't anyone in the Chiefs organization because that's just the kind of shit that gets you beat.

Yeah but if that's all it took then all any underdog would have to do is have some front office lackey fake this sort of crap and then leak it to the team. Remember when Brady used to whine how no one respects his team and they probably shouldn't even show up? So frickin' made up and forced. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the Steelers.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) won't play in the Wild Card game against the Steelers.

CEH tested his shoulder out with a limited practice on Wednesday but was unable to return to the field to close the week and thus ruled out. At this point, there's no guarantee he would be able to turn around for the Divisional Round even if the Chiefs advance. Darrel Williams, who coach Andy Reid said is expected to play, averaged 13.8 carries and 5 targets in six full games without CEH earlier this year and will be used as a bell-cow once again on Sunday night.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (shoulder) won't play in the Wild Card game against the Steelers.

CEH tested his shoulder out with a limited practice on Wednesday but was unable to return to the field to close the week and thus ruled out. At this point, there's no guarantee he would be able to turn around for the Divisional Round even if the Chiefs advance. Darrel Williams, who coach Andy Reid said is expected to play, averaged 13.8 carries and 5 targets in six full games without CEH earlier this year and will be used as a bell-cow once again on Sunday night.

somehow this does not concern me. I wish that his unavailability due to injury these last 2 out 2 years might give a pause to those who make the decisions that another option maybe needed and cut bait either by trade or whatever  but I doubt this will happen being he was chosen by Patrick and they used a #1 pick on him.

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

somehow this does not concern me. I wish that his unavailability due to injury these last 2 out 2 years might give a pause to those who make the decisions that another option maybe needed and cut bait either by trade or whatever  but I doubt this will happen being he was chosen by Patrick and they used a #1 pick on him.

He will probably stay the next two seasons (2.9 then 3.4) and then let him walk would be my guess. He may get past the injury bug, but I doubt it. Been defending him, but damn. 

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

He will probably stay the next two seasons (2.9 then 3.4) and then let him walk would be my guess. He may get past the injury bug, but I doubt it. Been defending him, but damn. 

yea I  am not one to use the BUST label on him but I certainly feel more now than ever that pick could of and should of been used otherwise.

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Todays NFL I would not draft a running back earlier than the 6th. Injured too often and guys are good enough off the street. Most teams are pass first , so defenses are playing pass opening holes for average backs to be productive. KC wont run anyway so why draft a guy. Just bring in 15 free agents and pick two or three.

17 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I agree on both points, but I remember we were all pretty pumped when he was picked on draft day. 

Not all of us agreed. Nothing against CEH but using that pick on a RB was not my idea of a smart move. I dont root against him at all. Its not his fault he was picked that high and  went to a team that does not  know how to use him or is not committed to a real running game.

11 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Not all of us agreed. Nothing against CEH but using that pick on a RB was not my idea of a smart move. I dont root against him at all. Its not his fault he was picked that high and  went to a team that does not  know how to use him or is not committed to a real running game.

a team not committed to a run game was his only hope..he woulda never made it past his first season and he still didn't

40 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I had no idea who he was but then I'm not a draft nerd. I didn't even know who Patrick was until  read Xen's opinions

This is simple, when xen and I are in complete agreement, on a pick they turn out rather well.. and Xen and I where ecstatic that draft day.