Steelers V Chiefs

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Not stats per se, but I do legitimately think he is bored by running the ball, and feels it doesn't move the ball quickly enough.

Reid has been this way his entire coaching career. I hate it and don't understand it.

We're digging them for 5 yds a clip. But he only wants to run the ball on first down????

WTF???

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Not stats per se, but I do legitimately think he is bored by running the ball, and feels it doesn't move the ball quickly enough.

I think you’re at least partially right, but not moving fast enough doesn’t explain decisions like passing the ball 3 or 4 times from the 1 or 2 yard line.  He won’t even run the ball when we’re within diving distance of the goal line.  

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

4 yards a run, just can’t do it

4 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I think you’re at least partially right, but not moving fast enough doesn’t explain decisions like passing the ball 3 or 4 times from the 1 or 2 yard line.  He won’t even run the ball when we’re within diving distance of the goal line.  

Yeah he is too smart not to be aware of the benefits of a dominant running game. I just don't think he feels the same way about it as most coaches. He made a decision a long long time ago that his offenses were gonna be pass first no matter the situation. And he always has.

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah he is too smart not to be aware of the benefits of a dominant running game. I just don't think he feels the same way about it as most coaches. He made a decision a long long time ago that his offenses were gonna be pass first no matter the situation. And he always has.

Yup. It's the one thing that drives me crazy about Andy Reid. His reluctance to establish a running game.