Steelers V Chiefs

Hardman is a weapon. Haters may want to take another look.

Hardman has taken the next step

For quite some time, Chiefs Kingdom has been waiting for Mecole Hardman to develop as a wide receiver into the sort of target that lives up to being a former second-round pick—as if there’s a magic threshold for him to reach in order to justify a draft standing. While the player and the team are likely so far removed from any worries about such things, Hardman’s ceiling has been a legitimate talking point for the last couple of seasons and we’ve all hoped he’d turn the corner this year to step up in Sammy Watkins‘ absence.

While it’s still a small stretch or sample size, the truth is that Hardman is looking more potent with the football and more consistent in his production than ever before over the last couple of weeks. On Sunday, he caught all 4 of his targets for 43 yards. He also added 70 yards on three punt returns to provide exceptional field position given his special teams play.

Remember that Hardman was coming off of a breakout game of 8 catches for 103 receiving yards (his first game over 100) against the Denver Broncos in Week 18 of the regular season.

Hardman’s speed is just another weapon for which defenses must account and that’s a near impossible task given that team’s overall arsenal.

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Hardman is a weapon. Haters may want to take another look.

Hardman has taken the next step

For quite some time, Chiefs Kingdom has been waiting for Mecole Hardman to develop as a wide receiver into the sort of target that lives up to being a former second-round pick—as if there’s a magic threshold for him to reach in order to justify a draft standing. While the player and the team are likely so far removed from any worries about such things, Hardman’s ceiling has been a legitimate talking point for the last couple of seasons and we’ve all hoped he’d turn the corner this year to step up in Sammy Watkins‘ absence.

While it’s still a small stretch or sample size, the truth is that Hardman is looking more potent with the football and more consistent in his production than ever before over the last couple of weeks. On Sunday, he caught all 4 of his targets for 43 yards. He also added 70 yards on three punt returns to provide exceptional field position given his special teams play.

Remember that Hardman was coming off of a breakout game of 8 catches for 103 receiving yards (his first game over 100) against the Denver Broncos in Week 18 of the regular season.

Hardman’s speed is just another weapon for which defenses must account and that’s a near impossible task given that team’s overall arsenal.

Can’t argue. He’s contributing when his number is called. 
gotta like him and McKinnon balling with speed. 

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

Some look at each mistake although Kelce has probably made just as many this year. The guy is a weapon and also stretched the field. Hes not a number one guy or even a number two receiver. He is a weapon none the less. What KC really needs is a guy like Mike Williams. A big guy not named GORDON or the other big guys KC has tried to resurrect from the dead. 

12 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Some look at each mistake although Kelce has probably made just as many this year. The guy is a weapon and also stretched the field. Hes not a number one guy or even a number two receiver. He is a weapon none the less. What KC really needs is a guy like Mike Williams. A big guy not named GORDON or the other big guys KC has tried to resurrect from the dead. 

So should the Chiefs go after Ju Ju again?  I'd rather see a big receiver rom the draft, but there that learning curve and the Chiefs time is now. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

So should the Chiefs go after Ju Ju again?  I'd rather see a big receiver rom the draft, but there that learning curve and the Chiefs time is now. 

I think that makes the most sense or a veteran like him.    Rumors are Calvin Ridley wants out.   I think we could go the big body Mike Williams route or the precise route runner.   If a guy like Chris Olave fell to us he would be great.   

3 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

He has a very special speed, not running out of control but rather with quite a bit of sense. However he has fundamental issues like ball protection and basic route running. I think the talk about Hardman would be much different if he was a 3rd day pick.

A major issue is that he's so rarely used, that's very tough to build a rhythm for any player without consistent role. I don't think the staff is helping him out in that regard. However it's also up to him to turn into a trustworthy option. Pringle has a very similar production but looks much better due to the low investment and seems to be the reliable option when called upon. 

11 hours ago, moons314 said:

Why does Robinson insist on carrying the mf ball like a loaf of bread

No one would treat bread that casually. He's just a bum. It's sad that we've gotten to the point where him catching the ball and running toward the correct end zone is a win. Can you imagine what our offense is gonna be like next yr w a legit slot and legit X? W Hardman and Pringle as our 4 and 5? Video game shit...

59 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

No one would treat bread that casually. He's just a bum. It's sad that we've gotten to the point where him catching the ball and running toward the correct end zone is a win. Can you imagine what our offense is gonna be like next yr w a legit slot and legit X? W Hardman and Pringle as our 4 and 5? Video game shit...

he also caused the fumble that Watt scooped up for a TD, That and the way he carried the ball on that play are the two things that made me scream at my TV last night, actually three things...including when my power went in the third quarter (thank god it was only off for a minute or two)

I would rather the chiefs draft a WR....the learning curve is much greater than lets say a FA veteran but when you look around the league I am intrigued by some of the young WR. Why is it they can play at a high level on other teams but not ours? Why is it so difficult to be a top receiver for the chiefs vs. lets say Detroit? ( I really like that WR Brown that Detroit drafted...stud) 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Mahomes had 5 TD passes in 11 minutes. Unbelievable. Of course it takes pretty good defense to get the opportunities. 

Reminds us of the playoff game against the Texans two years ago.  When the offense got in sync, they were unstoppable for about seven possessions.  It's such a good feeling when the Chiefs are on offense and we know they will score, no doubt.