your choice

I know times are slow and we are just impatiently waiting for Sunday night and in the mean time thinking about next years roster blah blah blah

So let me ask you this?

IF you could chose an early exit from the playoffs ( not making it to the AFCCG) & EB getting a job  made possible by his early availability , landing those extra draft picks OR going to the AFCCG knowing that the delay in EB's availabilities hurts his chances. Whadda you choose?

yea I know times are slow.

5 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Win.. There is never one person above the team. These windows of a super bowl capable team are very slim. We need to take advantage of every one because you never know when its another 50 year drought. 

truth

but anything more than a 10 year drought and the odds are against me seeing another

Yeah, at 53 I'm getting up there myself. I'd rather see more SB wins, and the more chances they have, the better. By the time Mahomes retires, assuming he plays as long as the average QB, I will be retiring (hopefully sooner). 

23 minutes ago, robgar said:

look, of all the teams, we could of played in the first game.. 

We need to beat the crap out of the steelers.. we owe them. 

dont talk to me about EB, or anybody else for that matter.. 

This one is personal

you'll have to excuse me If I forgot when they took a dump in your beer? Personal?

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

Its a team sport, not a "get EB a job" sport.  I want the success and if we lose out on draft picks so be it.  As always, draft picks are a crapshoot and we could end up having an early exit in return for KeiVarae Russell and Tony Moeaki.  I want the glory now...

you will get no glory

Is the question asking whether we would prefer winning this year or hoping for a chance to win a couple of years down the road?  Lunacy!  The Chiefs could have two early first round choices next year and there would be no guarantee that they would win.  They might end up with Brian Joswiak and Ryan Sims.  Kelce could decline or Mahomes get hurt.  Reid could retire or have a medical issue and the team doesn't find the next great HC.  In the NFL, one has to take everything immediately.  That doesn't mean that they shouldn't plan for the future, but things are so uncertain that they have to take all they can now while the team is hot. .  

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is the question asking whether we would prefer winning this year or hoping for a chance to win a couple of years down the road?  Lunacy!  The Chiefs could have two early first round choices next year and there would be no guarantee that they would win.  They might end up with Brian Joswiak and Ryan Sims.  Kelce could decline or Mahomes get hurt.  Reid could retire or have a medical issue and the team doesn't find the next great HC.  In the NFL, one has to take everything immediately.  That doesn't mean that they shouldn't plan for the future, but things are so uncertain that they have to take all they can now while the team is hot. .  

understood and great examples. I'd like to think Veach a better talent evaluator  than Peterson ( I think that's who it was) but your right on the flip side losing in the AFCCG and not having EB get a Job  ( assumption being he would IF we dont get that far) would be dble kick in the whoo hoos. 

I can hear it now ..TeamX woulda  taken EB but he was still OC in the AFCCG and we didn't want to wait that long. It's not inconceivable.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

understood and great examples. I'd like to think Veach a better talent evaluator  than Peterson ( I think that's who it was) but your right on the flip side losing in the AFCCG and not having EB get a Job  ( assumption being he would IF we dont get that far) would be dble kick in the whoo hoos. 

I can hear it now ..TeamX woulda  taken EB but he was still OC in the AFCCG and we didn't want to wait that long. It's not inconceivable.

Are we really sure that a team that wants EB will not hire him because of the Chiefs success in the playoffs?  Maybe, but no sure thing.  On the other hand, there's a greater that the Chiefs could lose Sunday and EB still wouldn't get a HC offer.  As far as talent evaluation goes, Veach has some hits but also some notable misses.  Getting an extra third isn't that likely to have an impact on the playoff record two years from now  ....  unless it's Jamal Charles instead of Knile Davis.  

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Are we really sure that a team that wants EB will not hire him because of the Chiefs success in the playoffs?  Maybe, but no sure thing.  On the other hand, there's a greater that the Chiefs could lose Sunday and EB still wouldn't get a HC offer.  As far as talent evaluation goes, Veach has some hits but also some notable misses.  Getting an extra third isn't that likely to have an impact on the playoff record two years from now  ....  unless it's Jamal Charles instead of Knile Davis.  

no this is all make believe what if ..any assumption other than that  is on the reader.

It's actually tough. Because you know if Poles got a GM job he'd likely bring Bienemy with him. Having two extra 3rds the next 3 years is a pretty big deal. You expect those guys to be eventual starters and we are short on draft capital. 

Having said that, I believe with everything clicking this team is still the best in the AFC, and SB appearances don't grow on trees.

Verdict: This is all about winning Lombardi's. Let's go fuckin get another one.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's actually tough. Because you know if Poles got a GM job he'd likely bring Bienemy with him. Having two extra 3rds the next 3 years is a pretty big deal. You expect those guys to be eventual starters and we are short on draft capital. 

Having said that, I believe with everything clicking this team is still the best in the AFC, and SB appearances don't grow on trees.

my thoughts exactly and if he didn't that IMO would be the kiss of death in regards to EB going anywhere

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

3 total over 3 years if both poles and EB go

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I know times are slow and we are just impatiently waiting for Sunday night and in the mean time thinking about next years roster blah blah blah

So let me ask you this?

IF you could chose an early exit from the playoffs ( not making it to the AFCCG) & EB getting a job  made possible by his early availability , landing those extra draft picks OR going to the AFCCG knowing that the delay in EB's availabilities hurts his chances. Whadda you choose?

yea I know times are slow.

Not sure about the rules on this, but it's OK this year to talk to coaches during the season, isn't it? Do they still have to wait until the team's season is over to hire one of their coaches?