Priest Holmes.

On NFL.com under chiefs there is a article on a undrafted RB that dominated the NFL for three seasons. It’s a awesome video to watch. Keep a eye on the blocking, Tony Richardson etc. very interesting. 
reason I posted this was because of how defenses are playing us and will probably next year as well and how important the run game is to the chiefs moving forward. 

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

On NFL.com under chiefs there is a article on a undrafted RB that dominated the NFL for three seasons. It’s a awesome video to watch. Keep a eye on the blocking, Tony Richardson etc. very interesting. 
reason I posted this was because of how defenses are playing us and will probably next year as well and how important the run game is to the chiefs moving forward. 

Priest was an all time favorite Chief.  But that line changed his career.  Larry Johnson followed him up with 2 seasons that were arguably better than any Priest ever had.  Then the line fell apart and so did the running game.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Priest was an all time favorite Chief.  But that line changed his career.  Larry Johnson followed him up with 2 seasons that were arguably better than any Priest ever had.  Then the line fell apart and so did the running game.  

I agree. Pretty cool vid and watching the blocking and the vision priest had. 
love  seeing 49 out In front to. 

4 hours ago, xen said:

Rather have an X receiver that consistently dominates and scares teams into loosening up.  That opens up a lot of stuff, as we've seem in the past.  

IMO it's a chicken or the egg deal

if you have a strong running game, it opens up the pass

and of course vice-versa

with patrick, it's likely the passing game teams are gameplanning

which means there's a huge opportunity to run the ball... which is why Brett and Andy drafted CEH

Priest and Larry wouldn’t have been as effective with lesser lines. The Vermeil scheme though was a thing of beauty, especially with no real good, elite WRs. I still think Priest had the whole package and would have been effective enough for most teams. Dude scored 27 TDs. He was elite HOF for a couple of seasons with the stats, just got hurt when he was getting going.

Jamaal Charles is a dude who could have been truly HOF/best ever behind that line. Jamaal carried some of those crap Chiefs teams. Wish we had Jamaal in the offense today.

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

Priest and Larry wouldn’t have been as effective with lesser lines. The Vermeil scheme though was a thing of beauty, especially with no real good, elite WRs. I still think Priest had the whole package and would have been effective enough for most teams. Dude scored 27 TDs. He was elite HOF for a couple of seasons with the stats, just got hurt when he was getting going.

Jamaal Charles is a dude who could have been truly HOF/best ever behind that line. Jamaal carried some of those crap Chiefs teams. Wish we had Jamaal in the offense today.

I will never forgive Jamaal for the Denver fumble.  He is dead to me.  

Jamaal Charles fumbles away game in final seconds and OH MY GOD -  SBNation.com

Charles was stuck in-between the Vermeil and Reid offenses. Really unfair to him and pisses me off honestly. He was the offense for several years. Him and Colquitt. No offense to Okoye, Podolak, Holmes or Allen, but he was the best back KC ever had. If we had Marcus for more time, he would have been the guy, of course. I had high hopes for Hunt, but of course that ship has sailed.

44 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Best RB to ever wear a chiefs jersey is Joe Delaney!

Huge Delaney fan. Always have been, but his playing time was so short there’s no way to judge.
Even if Joe had played a full career, Charles was so good I can’t see how he or anyone else could compare. Jamaal was on another level. One of a kind. 

18 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Huge Delaney fan. Always have been, but his playing time was so short there’s no way to judge.
Even if Joe had played a full career, Charles was so good I can’t see how he or anyone else could compare. Jamaal was on another level. One of a kind. 

I'm just basing it off his heroics!  Nothing else matters to me!

52 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Don't you have some history with the Delaney fam?