Andy Reid Playoffs

17 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

If he wins 4 more playoff games (which now seems likely unless health prevents), he will trail only Bill Belichick in playoff wins.  If he makes the AFCCG this year, he will trail only Landry and Belichick and be tied with Shula.  He's getting some pretty big time career coaching numbers.  

I’m very happy having him lead our chiefs. 

47 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m very happy having him lead our chiefs. 

Haven't you been reading the board, especially early this season?  Reid is an idiot who doesn't run the ball often enough, can't manage the clock, runs the ball too much, doesn't pass to the RBs often enough, uses the wrong players in certain situations, is too loyal to some players and coaches, and doesn't make adjustments well during games.  Must be true, I've read it all here. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Haven't you been reading the board, especially early this season?  Reid is an idiot who doesn't run the ball often enough, can't manage the clock, runs the ball too much, doesn't pass to the RBs often enough, uses the wrong players in certain situations, is too loyal to some players and coaches, and doesn't make adjustments well during games.  Must be true, I've read it all here. 

My ONLY complaint with Reid is when the Chiefs are on the 1 yard line, instead of adding a TE and FB and bulling it in, he calls a triple reverse play-action Statue of Liberty flea flicker double cross quadruple fade RPO out of the shotgun. 

Even when it works it makes me nervous. 

3 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

My ONLY complaint with Reid is when the Chiefs are on the 1 yard line, instead of adding a TE and FB and bulling it in, he calls a triple reverse play-action Statue of Liberty flea flicker double cross quadruple fade RPO out of the shotgun. 

Yeah, this season, they seem to make fourth downs pretty regularly on short yardage. Last season not so much so I could see it then.   One of my main gripes about ALL coaches is the number of times when it's short yardage and they refuse to run.  Make eight yards on first down and pass twice and punt.  Don't get it.  The Bengals almost kept the Chiefs in the game by passing on fourth and inches at the end of the game.  Not sure what metrics leads to those decisions.  

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

The Muppets Laughing GIF

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

True.  He wouldn't crack the top 10 coaches on this board.  

30 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think the only real legacy for a HC is the SB wins. Let's just hope last year was just a speed bump on a long streak.

Yeah, he needs another Super Bowl win to put himself in a different group.  But there's precious few with more than 2 Super Bowl wins.  4 by my count.  Gets a little fuzzy when you start talking about pre merger championships.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Holy shoot. Your right jet lord. I was even one of them screaming at him to run the ball, stop playing newman etc. 

I am starting to have altiemzers along with my pants hiked up high all friggen nervous for this weekend. 

THank you for remdning me. 

19 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Yeah, he needs another Super Bowl win to put himself in a different group.  But there's precious few with more than 2 Super Bowl wins.  4 by my count.  Gets a little fuzzy when you start talking about pre merger championships.  

Yep, multiple SB wins bring a whole other category. 2 is already a great tier but getting to 4 makes NFL history. Quite a bit of people into the NFL know the names of coaches they have never watched just because of multiple SB wins.

21 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think the only real legacy for a HC is the SB wins. Let's just hope last year was just a speed bump on a long streak.

Not so sure.  So many thigs have to go right to win the SB that unless the coach has a special team, it's hard to win and harder to win repeatedly.  One bad call knocked the Saints out in 2018.  Two tackles going down probably cost the Chiefs last year.  It's not just the post season.  Maybe a bad call cost the Chiefs home field this year.  Multiple things like that over a whole season and not only does a team have to be elite, they have to avoid bad luck.  Was Marty at fault because Peterson brought in a kicker that couldn't kick in 1005?  A head coach has to be good, maybe elite.  But being the best coach doesn't guarantee multiple SB wins.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Not so sure.  So many thigs have to go right to win the SB that unless the coach has a special team, it's hard to win and harder to win repeatedly.  One bad call knocked the Saints out in 2018.  Two tackles going down probably cost the Chiefs last year.  It's not just the post season.  Maybe a bad call cost the Chiefs home field this year.  Multiple things like that over a whole season and not only does a team have to be elite, they have to avoid bad luck.  Was Marty at fault because Peterson brought in a kicker that couldn't kick in 1005?  A head coach has to be good, maybe elite.  But being the best coach doesn't guarantee multiple SB wins.  

Definitely, that's why it stands out much clearer than a single SB win. I think Reid is capable of doing so and has the most special talent to enable him so it's really plausible.