Not too shabby, Brett

3. C CREED HUMPHREY, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Humphrey was the highest-graded center in the entire league in 2021 and broke the record for the highest single-season PFF grade by a rookie at the position. He ranked top-five in both positively and negatively graded run play rate — something no other center did this season — en route to a position-leading 92.5 run-block grade. The 63rd overall pick got better with his pass-protection as the season went along, too, with zero pressures allowed in six of his last seven games.

Not a slight on any of the names listed but I would take Smith over quite a bit of those guys. It's much easier for linemen to fall in rankings as a single mistake goes a long way so Creed's achievement is extraordinary. 

That being said, this seems to be one of the best draft classes in recent years. Don't know for a fact but I think it wouldn't be far fetched to say that top 50 of this year are solid prospects for years to come. 

On 1/14/2022 at 5:14 PM, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

3. C CREED HUMPHREY, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Humphrey was the highest-graded center in the entire league in 2021 and broke the record for the highest single-season PFF grade by a rookie at the position. He ranked top-five in both positively and negatively graded run play rate — something no other center did this season — en route to a position-leading 92.5 run-block grade. The 63rd overall pick got better with his pass-protection as the season went along, too, with zero pressures allowed in six of his last seven games.

This amazes me. Center is one of the most difficult jobs in football.

telling you.. this line.. is gonna be eventually will be mentioned in the same breath as the  line with roaf, shields, wiegmann, waters and Tate.

Already I think you can ask yourself, Creed Vs Wiegman... Now I was-am a big fan of Caseys but what Creed has done is .. well more like a Will Shields, Will Roaf thing.. 

29 minutes ago, robgar said:

telling you.. this line.. is gonna be eventually will be mentioned in the same breath as the  line with roaf, shields, wiegmann, waters and Tate.

Already I think you can ask yourself, Creed Vs Wiegman... Now I was-am a big fan of Caseys but what Creed has done is .. well more like a Will Shields, Will Roaf thing.. 

Now to end the history of drafting stud C and letting them walk like Hudson and Morse. I'm fine with Morse walking, guy was a concussion away from serious injury in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Now to end the history of drafting stud C and letting them walk like Hudson and Morse. I'm fine with Morse walking, guy was a concussion away from serious injury in my opinion. 

Yeah, Morse was too big a risk to keep, but I’m glad he’s turned it around somewhere. I just hope not so much this weekend😆

11 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Yep, letting him walk was the smart decision but at the same time Chiefs were trying to sign Jensen from TB. So they understand the need for the position but Morse just wasn't the right guy to keep. Hudson was a huge mistake but I don't necessarily remember the economics of the team back then, still they should have kept the best OC in the NFL around. 

12 hours ago, sith13 said:

Yep, letting him walk was the smart decision but at the same time Chiefs were trying to sign Jensen from TB. So they understand the need for the position but Morse just wasn't the right guy to keep. Hudson was a huge mistake but I don't necessarily remember the economics of the team back then, still they should have kept the best OC in the NFL around. 

They did not have the cap space and Raiders offered him the highest paid C type offer.  We could not match it.

On 1/22/2022 at 1:30 AM, kkuenn said:

They did not have the cap space and Raiders offered him the highest paid C type offer.  We could not match it.

I remember him being the highest paid OC (may even be interior OL?) at that time, just wasn't sure about our cap situation. We suffered quite a lot due to that move, Morse was decent when healthy but not at the same level. Now we have one of the best, if not the best, OCs in the NFL and the line looks a lot better compared to pretty much anything we've had for years.