Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 5:30

The keys to this game, as always, lie in the hands of the offensive line.

Our OL is more mature and playing MUCH better ball than the first 5 games. 

If Patrick has time and is not running for his life, we'll give Buff all they can handle.

Our defense, if we can stuff the run, will be able to keep us in the game... especially if rested.

7 minutes ago, mex said:

The keys to this game, as always, lie in the hands of the offensive line.

Our OL is more mature and playing MUCH better ball than the first 5 games. 

If Patrick has time and is not running for his life, we'll give Buff all they can handle.

Our defense, if we can stuff the run, will be able to keep us in the game... especially if rested.

Line will be fine.  As long as our receivers don’t turn passes that hit them in the chest into a tip drill, we will be fine.  

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

I think pats legs are a major weapon that go unnoticed. He’s so much faster than he looks. I hope he runs a lot tomorrow 

Agreed, so long as he keeps doing how he has, knowing when to slide or go out of bounds to avoid the big hits.

The national media seems to be all over the Buffalo Bills. They are expecting Allen to do what he pleases. Here is why I think they are wrong.

First of all, the Bill's caught the Chiefs at the right time. The Chiefs Defense was in disarray. Jones and ward were , Willie Gay was limited and Sorenson was playing a significant role in the secondary. Let's not forget Fra k Clark was still playing on one leg and we did not have I gram. We were tackling poorly and the pass rush was not getting home. Fast forward to now. Jones ,Ward, Clark and Gay are all healthy. We can get pressure with 4. Sorenson is playing a much lesser role. I think this will make a huge difference. I do not see the Bill's having as much success.

The Bill's got 4 turnovers, including a freak pick 6. I just do not see this happening again.  I don't think the Chiefs were well prepared against the 2 deep safety coverage and did not have an answer for it. I think the QB spy with the delayed blitz when mahomes broke the pocket hurt the Chiefs. The Bill's lost their top corner as well. Since then they have had problems against top QB's. Andy Reid will have a game plan that will solve these problems. Screens, jet sweeps, passes in the flats to our RB's. Running the ball and a very motivated Kelce and Hill is going to stress the Buffalo Defense. Pringle, Hardman, and Robinson have been stepping up. Please Robinson, protect the football. The Offense line is playing well. I see the Chiefs hanging at least 35 on them. Reid will not take the foot off the gas.

Buffalo has a great Offense. We must keep Allen contained and not give them easy points. Allen struggles when that does not happen. Limiting Dawson Knox and stopping the run game is key. I think our corners can handle the Bill's receivers. Chris Jones is going to be a problem for them. He is gonna have a big game. Bottom line is if the Chiefs Defense steps up, gets some turnovers and avoids the killer mistakes. The Bill's are in trouble.

Special teams. This will be a battle. I think we played poorly in the first game. I do not expect this again.

I also think the officiating will be better. This last game was still in reach sans some really bad calls against the Chiefs. 

Bottom line, it took +4 turnovers, poor performances from all 3 phases, poor officiating and a bunch of injuries on the Chief’s and a really great game by the Bill's for us to get beat.

Expect the Chiefs to return the favor. 42-17

Doc has spoken

MARK IT DOWN

19 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

The national media seems to be all over the Buffalo Bills. They are expecting Allen to do what he pleases. Here is why I think they are wrong.

First of all, the Bill's caught the Chiefs at the right time. The Chiefs Defense was in disarray. Jones and ward were , Willie Gay was limited and Sorenson was playing a significant role in the secondary. Let's not forget Fra k Clark was still playing on one leg and we did not have I gram. We were tackling poorly and the pass rush was not getting home. Fast forward to now. Jones ,Ward, Clark and Gay are all healthy. We can get pressure with 4. Sorenson is playing a much lesser role. I think this will make a huge difference. I do not see the Bill's having as much success.

The Bill's got 4 turnovers, including a freak pick 6. I just do not see this happening again.  I don't think the Chiefs were well prepared against the 2 deep safety coverage and did not have an answer for it. I think the QB spy with the delayed blitz when mahomes broke the pocket hurt the Chiefs. The Bill's lost their top corner as well. Since then they have had problems against top QB's. Andy Reid will have a game plan that will solve these problems. Screens, jet sweeps, passes in the flats to our RB's. Running the ball and a very motivated Kelce and Hill is going to stress the Buffalo Defense. Pringle, Hardman, and Robinson have been stepping up. Please Robinson, protect the football. The Offense line is playing well. I see the Chiefs hanging at least 35 on them. Reid will not take the foot off the gas.

Buffalo has a great Offense. We must keep Allen contained and not give them easy points. Allen struggles when that does not happen. Limiting Dawson Knox and stopping the run game is key. I think our corners can handle the Bill's receivers. Chris Jones is going to be a problem for them. He is gonna have a big game. Bottom line is if the Chiefs Defense steps up, gets some turnovers and avoids the killer mistakes. The Bill's are in trouble.

Special teams. This will be a battle. I think we played poorly in the first game. I do not expect this again.

I also think the officiating will be better. This last game was still in reach sans some really bad calls against the Chiefs. 

Bottom line, it took +4 turnovers, poor performances from all 3 phases, poor officiating and a bunch of injuries on the Chief’s and a really great game by the Bill's for us to get beat.

Expect the Chiefs to return the favor. 42-17

Doc has spoken

MARK IT DOWN

Mahomes and this team overall have come a long way since the game earlier this season.  I agree, I think they caught the Chiefs at the perfect time.  People seem to forget the Chiefs played one, if not, the most difficult schedules this season.  All while learning and adjusting to the cover two and taking what the defense gave you.  I’m sure there were other things too but I’m not a football scheme guru.  I’m super nervous and didn’t sleep well last night.  The table is setting up nicely for the Chiefs and we need to take our seat where we belong.  

As long as the Chiefs don't beat themselves they can handle the Bills. Keep the penalties to a minimum, no crazy penalties for acting stupid after a play. They need to play a clean game today. Force the Bills to make the mistakes. Don't try to make the big play ALL THE TIME! Take what is given to you move the chains. I would prefer Patrick to miss into the dirt instead of missing high or behind a receiver. And for the love of god Kelce and Tyreek, catch the damn ball! Let's not start this game off with dropped wide open passes. Spags, please no more Sorenson and Niemann packages for 3/4s of the game. I cringe every time I see them both out there.

JUST PLAY CHIEFS FOOTBALL!!!!

1 hour ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

As long as the Chiefs don't beat themselves they can handle the Bills. Keep the penalties to a minimum, no crazy penalties for acting stupid after a play. They need to play a clean game today. Force the Bills to make the mistakes. Don't try to make the big play ALL THE TIME! Take what is given to you move the chains. I would prefer Patrick to miss into the dirt instead of missing high or behind a receiver. And for the love of god Kelce and Tyreek, catch the damn ball! Let's not start this game off with dropped wide open passes. Spags, please no more Sorenson and Niemann packages for 3/4s of the game. I cringe every time I see them both out there.

JUST PLAY CHIEFS FOOTBALL!!!!

I think we'll see a lot of Niemann today after Gay's perfect timing. He barely played when there were no issues and now after missing a couple days I don't see Spags giving up on his beloved duo. I hope I'm wrong, Gay is really a playmaker on defense. 

6 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think we'll see a lot of Niemann today after Gay's perfect timing. He barely played when there were no issues and now after missing a couple days I don't see Spags giving up on his beloved duo. I hope I'm wrong, Gay is really a playmaker on defense. 

pffft if you think the coaches are going to limit  Gay's playing time and risk a win over $225.. Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

pffft if you think the coaches are going to limit  Gay's playing time and risk a win over $225.. Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Lol..under normal circumstances I would agree with you. BUT, were talking about Spags and his love affair with Dan Nieman and Ben Sorenson...
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Gay DOES NOT PLAY at all!

I think the team that wins this game wins the SB. A loss is nothing to be ashamed. of. Both teams are really good.

The talking heads are mostly gushing over the Bills. They are usually WRONG. Two home teams have already lost. Both were #1 seeds. What are the odds you beat KC twice and are the third road team to win? I think Play-off Mahomes shows up and KC should have a chip on their shoulder. These guys do pay attention to media and may feel dissed. Buff may actually have a better over all team but still loses.

KC wins 30-27.

16 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think the team that wins this game wins the SB. A loss is nothing to be ashamed. of. Both teams are really good.

The talking heads are mostly gushing over the Bills. They are usually WRONG. Two home teams have already lost. Both were #1 seeds. What are the odds you beat KC twice and are the third road team to win? I think Play-off Mahomes shows up and KC should have a chip on their shoulder. These guys do pay attention to media and may feel dissed. Buff may actually have a better over all team but still loses.

KC wins 30-27.

I personally dont think that at all..JMO but all 3 of the NFC teams left are powerhouses in their own right with  good to great defenses and or  Tom Brady. You throw in the possibility that if the Rams win they not only get to stay home for the  NFC Championship game they also get a home game for the SB.. thats a stout advantage IMO

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Lol..under normal circumstances I would agree with you. BUT, were talking about Spags and his love affair with Dan Nieman and Ben Sorenson...
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Gay DOES NOT PLAY at all!

As one of our former frequent posters used to say,  "LUNACY"!

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Not the penalty itself but missing a day or two (not sure about the exact time) doesn't help us get rid of the love affair with the duo.

Chiefs declared RB Darrel Williams, WR Josh Gordon, OT Prince Tega Wanogho, DE Josh Kaindoh, CB Rashad Fenton, QB Shane Buechele inactive for the Divisional Round against the Bills.

Williams was benched in the Wild Card Round. He saw one rush attempt while Jerick McKinnon went for 142 yards on 18 touches. With Clyde Edwards-Helaire returning from his shoulder injury, Williams wasn't going to be involved in this game regardless of his health. McKinnon a

30 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs declared RB Darrel Williams, WR Josh Gordon, OT Prince Tega Wanogho, DE Josh Kaindoh, CB Rashad Fenton, QB Shane Buechele inactive for the Divisional Round against the Bills.

Williams was benched in the Wild Card Round. He saw one rush attempt while Jerick McKinnon went for 142 yards on 18 touches. With Clyde Edwards-Helaire returning from his shoulder injury, Williams wasn't going to be involved in this game regardless of his health. McKinnon a

I know that’s a copy and paste, but to say Williams was benched is disingenuous af.  He hasn’t been healthy.