I think he should be extended and given every opportunity to be our starter going forward. Reminiscent of when they extended Damien Williams a few years ago for peanuts.

McKinnon is exactly what this offense needs. McKinnon has explosiveness, gives Mahomes a bigger target than the oompa loompa that is CEH, is dynamic with the the ball in his hands, and is willing to run for the hard yards.

He's always been explosive when healthy. And if we really wanna pound the rock we have Gore and we can extend Darrel Williams.

I've been CEHs biggest supporter, but McKinnon is a really good fit here.

He will create LB mismatches which is what we need.  Now that Pringle and Robinson amongst others have emerged as targets when Hill and Kelce are covered, adding McKinnon will open up more options for dump offs and play action.

I loved how that kind of stashed him without much use. That is perfect for him. He can be a starter and stay healthy for a season, but he has got the juice for a playoff run. Williams is the only guy rugged enough to carry a heavy load IMO. Williams/CEH/McK/Gore are a nice group if we manage to bring them back. 

We need to make sure mckinnon and darrel williams are here next season.

to do this is recommend trying to deal clyde for a 3rd or 4th to reduce resources invested in the rb position and reduce the temptation to force feed him the ball.

im scared to death clyde will return this week and mckinnon wont get touches 

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

We need to make sure mckinnon and darrel williams are here next season.

to do this is recommend trying to deal clyde for a 3rd or 4th to reduce resources invested in the rb position and reduce the temptation to force feed him the ball.

im scared to death clyde will return this week and mckinnon wont get touches 

Nobody will want CEH. He is average at best. 20 guys like him will be free agents. Two years and nothing to show for it.

The main problem with CEH is that he was drafted too high.  He's not a JC or Hunt who were taken the the third or later.  The Chiefs will keep him through his rookie contract and then probably move on unless they figure out a way to use him like they advertised on draft day.  If he blossoms, it won't be the first "bust" that contributed after his early struggles.  

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The main problem with CEH is that he was drafted too high.  He's not a JC or Hunt who were taken the the third or later.  The Chiefs will keep him through his rookie contract and then probably move on unless they figure out a way to use him like they advertised on draft day.  If he blossoms, it won't be the first "bust" that contributed after his early struggles.  

McKinnon is what the Chiefs thought CEH was. He simply has not proven he can do what a guy off the street , McKinnon, can do. Its always been there and CEH is the reason it was not working. He seems to have no space awareness. 

The main problem with CEH is he is taking reps from others who are more effective. Chiefs need to sit him for now.

The thing McKinnon brings is speed and vision. last night we saw him take screen passes for 15 plus yds where Williams and CEH would go ten or less. 
we saw McKinnon get and turn the edge where Williams and CEH cannot. 
we saw McKinnon take a dump off and get to the first down sticks much quicker than CEH and Williams. 
now McKinnon has more speed than hunt but hunt would still do these things also. So what is the problem with CEH? Vision patience? Speed? 
I like seeing McKinnon being in there. Totally changes the offense. 

21 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

The thing McKinnon brings is speed and vision. last night we saw him take screen passes for 15 plus yds where Williams and CEH would go ten or less. 
we saw McKinnon get and turn the edge where Williams and CEH cannot. 
we saw McKinnon take a dump off and get to the first down sticks much quicker than CEH and Williams. 
now McKinnon has more speed than hunt but hunt would still do these things also. So what is the problem with CEH? Vision patience? Speed? 
I like seeing McKinnon being in there. Totally changes the offense. 

Vision was stellar. Slippery as hell

9 minutes ago, xen said:

McKinnon also has 2 ACL tears in his history and put 2 years in IR.

That's why I referenced the Damien Williams extension. If he doesn't hold up, no big deal. CEH will remain part of the rotation. They can extend Darrel too. Solid rotation. But McKinnon needs a longer look IMO.

I don’t know if the best thing is to keep McKinnon…maybe on a cheap deal but his performances sure do put into question our current RB room. That to me is the ultimate thing. U don’t know what u don’t know. Players need opportunities and u may be surprised. Look at Bolton. 

25 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I don’t know if the best thing is to keep McKinnon…maybe on a cheap deal but his performances sure do put into question our current RB room. That to me is the ultimate thing. U don’t know what u don’t know. Players need opportunities and u may be surprised. Look at Bolton. 

mckinnon wont be expensive, multiple knee injuries scare teams off. he needs to be used exactly like the chiefs have. sit until playoffs and keep fresh

46 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Who here thinks if CEH is ready to go this week that Andy doesn't start him over McKinnon? Just thinking about it pisses me off. CEH is a running back. McKinnon is another offensive weapon and chess piece. Huge difference.

I think Andy might. It will piss me off too. 
Another week and hopefully Williams toe is better. I like the McKinnon William combo. 
film study for Bills just got a little more interesting watching McKinnon