Chiefs Bills

11 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Na, just If. I think he’s the key to the whole game. His speed and ability to spy Allen. Gay needs to not come off the field.

agreed. 

which is why he's in off-field hot water

because us Chiefs fans never have enough shit to worry about during the playoffs... 🙄

9 hours ago, robgar said:

Let me try to explain this to you.. We beat Buffalo like the step child it is. 

I was nervous then wen't back and looked at that regular season game.   4 TO's.   And it was still a tight game right up till half before Sorensen went brain dead and gifted them an easy TD.  Even after half it was a reasonably close game until that pathetic roughing the passer penalty negated that int at mid field with us down only 11.   Even after that I think we had a small shot.   If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot we beat them easily without a lot of key players.  Not worried anymore.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I was nervous then wen't back and looked at that regular season game.   4 TO's.   And it was still a tight game right up till half before Sorensen went brain dead and gifted them an easy TD.  Even after half it was a reasonably close game until that pathetic roughing the passer penalty negated that int at mid field with us down only 11.   Even after that I think we had a small shot.   If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot we beat them easily without a lot of key players.  Not worried anymore.

Yep, it's often overlooked how we shot ourselves in the foot time after time in the first half of the season. When the right lessons are learned that's a very productive process for a solid team. If we didn't have Mahomes or a defense that stepped up tremendously that streak would have meant the end of the season but for those that make it to the playoffs such streaks generally lead to the big prize. 

14 hours ago, qnet said:

A lot of people picking Bills, including Chris Simms. Hope they're wrong.

Let'em.  I feel like KC plays better when they have a chip on their shoulder or they are being disrespected somewhat.  I know Patrick and Travis at least pay attention to it somewhat cause they have referenced things the media had said in interviews.  

This to me is the game where everything they went thru this season the ups and downs winning in different ways seeing Patrick grow as a QB seeing the D get better pays off hearing everybody outside of Chiefs fans write them off and hell even some Chiefs fans did and remind everybody they are still the reigning defending AFC conference champions.  

This has a heavyweight fight feel to it where the champion is the underdog.  

I just hear on 610 Sports that John Hussey is officiating the Bills-Chiefs game.  He was the head ref for the Bengals-Chiefs game a few weeks ago (one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen).

This makes me very uneasy.  Yes, the Chiefs could have done several things to win that game.  However, the Bengals-Chiefs looked fixed.  The officiating was really, really bad.

14 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

I just hear on 610 Sports that John Hussey is officiating the Bills-Chiefs game.  He was the head ref for the Bengals-Chiefs game a few weeks ago (one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen).

This makes me very uneasy.  Yes, the Chiefs could have done several things to win that game.  However, the Bengals-Chiefs looked fixed.  The officiating was really, really bad.

I heard that crew wasn't going to be taking any more playoff games. Really hope that is true, but nothing surprises me these days. 

39 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

If i remember right that was the game where at the last minute they did an emergency crew change.  John Hussey was supposed to but it got changed that morning.  The crew that did that game isn't doing any playoff games which isn't the Hussey crew.  

2 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

If i remember right that was the game where at the last minute they did an emergency crew change.  John Hussey was supposed to but it got changed that morning.  The crew that did that game isn't doing any playoff games which isn't the Hussey crew.  

yea I heard the same thing and was that the same crew that mixed up the Bungles TD when they ignored the fact they blew the call dead the very next week?

4 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Sorry guys.  I had it wrong & Okie is spot on.  Hussey was supposed to be the ref for the Bengals-Chiefs game & got replaced by Ron Torbert … there were 4 other ref changes before that game according to this article:

https://amp.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article257013047.html

5 hours ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

Hussey's crew called some of the least penalties over the course of the season. His crew was supposed to do our Bengals game, and we got stuck with Ron Torbert's crew...advantage Chiefs cuz our DB's play hands on coverage , Hussey's crew doesn't call PI much.

Mahomes and this team overall have come a long way since the game earlier this season.  I agree, I think they caught the Chiefs at the perfect time.  People seem to forget the Chiefs played one, if not, the most difficult schedules this season.  All while learning and adjusting to the cover two and taking what the defense gave you.  I’m sure there were other things too but I’m not a football scheme guru.  I’m super nervous and didn’t sleep well last night.  The table is setting up nicely for the Chiefs and we need to take our seat where we belong.

2 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

Mahomes and this team overall have come a long way since the game earlier this season.  I agree, I think they caught the Chiefs at the perfect time.  People seem to forget the Chiefs played one, if not, the most difficult schedules this season.  All while learning and adjusting to the cover two and taking what the defense gave you.  I’m sure there were other things too but I’m not a football scheme guru.  I’m super nervous and didn’t sleep well last night.  The table is setting up nicely for the Chiefs and we need to take our seat where we belong.

I slept just fine..try bourbon it helps