Willie Gay booked for property damage

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

So its ok to do this during a play off one and done week? Does character count? Is this a team first guy? Hope is is ready to play. Chiefs need his talent.

over react much? Like I said I'll wait till the Mueller report comes out.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

over react much? Like I said I'll wait till the Mueller report comes out.

Not over reacting. I doubt the Chiefs think BFD. Also not a good example for others. Its play off time. I hope the leaders on this team chew some ass.

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Not over reacting. I doubt the Chiefs think BFD. Also not a good example for others. Its play off time. I hope the leaders on this team chew some ass.

They knew he was a head case when they drafted him.  You take the good with the bad and hope that he doesn't go all Kareem on someone.

It's a misdemeanor so hopefully nothing serious.   

21 minutes ago, SEMO said:

They knew he was a head case when they drafted him.  You take the good with the bad and hope that he doesn't go all Kareem on someone.

It's a misdemeanor so hopefully nothing serious.   

I did not know that. I thought he was just fragile physically. You'd think  with the past history of Belcher they'd steer clear of  all that.

Chiefs LB Willie Gay arrested in misdemeanor criminal damage case ahead of Divisional Round game with Bills

Kansas City is set to host Buffalo on Sunday

Tyler Sullivan

3 mins ago1 min read

Kansas City Chiefs v Washington Foootball Team

Mitchell Layton/Getty Images

Chiefs linebacker Willie Gay Jr. was arrested Wednesday night in connection with a misdemeanor criminal damage case, according to the Johnson County Sheriff's Office, via KCTV.  The 23-year-old was arrested around 10:30 p.m. in Overland Park, Kansas, and booked into the Johnson County Detention Center, where he is scheduled for arraignment at 2:30 p.m. local time. 

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Gay's representative, Maxx Lepselter, said he was at his son's house visiting. He and the mother got into an argument, during which he broke her vacuum. Gay was charged with destruction of property of less than $1,000. 

"No one was touched … beyond the broken appliance," said Lepselter.

headshot-image
team logo
Willie Gay Jr.
KC • MLB • 50
View Profile

Gay is in his second season with the Chiefs after the club drafted him in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft out of Mississippi State. He started in 11 of his 12 games played this season and tallied 48 tackles while defending four passes and recording two interceptions. Last week against the Steelers, however, Gay logged his lowest snap count of the season, playing in just 25% of the defensive snaps.

Kansas City is set to host the Buffalo Bills on Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. If the Chiefs advance, it would mark their fourth consecutive conference championship appearance. Given these circumstances, Gay's status for that playoff matchup is currently unclear.