Willie Gay booked for property damage

Let’s wait to see if there is home security cameras leaked that will make this look far worse. Like the ex player dude who rampaged on his ex and grabbed her and threw her into a TV.

That is a lot of material crap to break and not probably also have been very threatening to the woman.

11 hours ago, arthur75 said:

I read where he got into argument with his baby momma and broke a vacuum cell phone screen and door frame. But no one was touched. Should be no big deal he should be cleared to play I would think.

what's a vacuum cell phone?

do me and @oldtimer need to upgrade?

are you fukn kiddn me??

Sam McDowell
Thu, January 20, 2022, 2:20 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs said they are aware second-year linebacker Willie Gay was arrested late Wednesday in Overland Park and charged with criminal damage to property, but they are providing no further comment.

The same goes for his playing status Sunday, when the Chiefs face the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Divisional Round of the playoffs.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid typically speaks to the media on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, paving way for his coordinators to speak on Thursdays.

On this Thursday, asked if he expected to have Gay as part of his defense Sunday against the Bills, coordinator Steve Spagnuolo replied, “I really don’t know. I’ll leave that up to Andy. I’m sure he’ll address it.”

On how the team is preparing, Spagnuolo added, “If this happened in the game and it was an injury, we’d just operate it that way. But we’ll see what happens.”

Gay, 23, has a court date scheduled for 2:30 p.m. Thursday. He is charged with one count of misdemeanor damage to property at an Overland Park apartment complex, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Johnson County District Attorney’s Office.

The damage is to a vacuum, cell phone screen, wall/door frame and a humidifier, and it totals $225, according an Overland Park Police Department offense report.

In his second season with the Chiefs after joining them via the 2020 NFL Draft, Gay has started 11 games and totaled 48 tackles.

“All I can say about Willie is I love working with him,” Spagnuolo said. “He’s been terrific. I think you guys know he had a baby. I talk to him about that a lot. Hopefully things will work out for the best for everybody.”

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:
The damage is to a vacuum, cell phone screen, wall/door frame and a humidifier, and it totals $225, according an Overland Park Police Department offense report.

That's a rather cheap tab for that list. He should just get brand new of everything and be done with this whole mess for something like 2K.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

This story shouldn't be swept under the rug. 

I'll bet Willie would not have had any trouble tackling this guy:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HoovMe00.htm

been wondering where you been in this thread

I mean, it was tailor made for the likes of bilious 

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

Hahaha.  Yes.  I've derelict in my duties. How're ya doin, Mex?

Good my friend. Been doing everything possible to keep the karma positive for Sunday. Gotta beat dem Bills.

You?