Willie Gay booked for property damage

9 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Reading all Chiefs news, worrying about the game, and working part-time

That's awesome buddy... hope you, Mrs B, the dogs and the goats are well.

I have been spending time with my two new grandsons. Sugar 'em up, spoil 'em rotten and send 'em home. :lol: 

paybacks

On 1/21/2022 at 8:08 AM, oldtimer said:
are you fukn kiddn me??

Sam McDowell
Thu, January 20, 2022, 2:20 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs said they are aware second-year linebacker Willie Gay was arrested late Wednesday in Overland Park and charged with criminal damage to property, but they are providing no further comment.

The same goes for his playing status Sunday, when the Chiefs face the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Divisional Round of the playoffs.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid typically speaks to the media on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, paving way for his coordinators to speak on Thursdays.

On this Thursday, asked if he expected to have Gay as part of his defense Sunday against the Bills, coordinator Steve Spagnuolo replied, “I really don’t know. I’ll leave that up to Andy. I’m sure he’ll address it.”

On how the team is preparing, Spagnuolo added, “If this happened in the game and it was an injury, we’d just operate it that way. But we’ll see what happens.”

Gay, 23, has a court date scheduled for 2:30 p.m. Thursday. He is charged with one count of misdemeanor damage to property at an Overland Park apartment complex, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Johnson County District Attorney’s Office.

The damage is to a vacuum, cell phone screen, wall/door frame and a humidifier, and it totals $225, according an Overland Park Police Department offense report.

In his second season with the Chiefs after joining them via the 2020 NFL Draft, Gay has started 11 games and totaled 48 tackles.

“All I can say about Willie is I love working with him,” Spagnuolo said. “He’s been terrific. I think you guys know he had a baby. I talk to him about that a lot. Hopefully things will work out for the best for everybody.”

She must have a flip phone or a razr

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Risking millions because you're mad at a woman?  When do they grow up?

You have to have a certain personality to be an NFL player and that usually means being wired pretty tight. The only big time football player I know that did not make it to the NFL was an O-lineman who played for Notre Dame. He was a tackle but experimented at DE..just didn't have that edgy  personality to play DE.& not O-Line at the next level.

sure there are exceptions but  when your that age loaded with testosterones it's not hard for me to understand. He's had issues before we should be thankful it was this minor.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You have to have a certain personality to be an NFL player and that usually means being wired pretty tight. The only big time football player I know that did not make it to the NFL was an O-lineman who played for Notre Dame. He was a tackle but experimented at DE..just didn't have that edgy  personality to play DE.& not O-Line at the next level.

sure there are exceptions but  when your that age loaded with testosterones it's not hard for me to understand. He's had issues before we should be thankful it was this minor.

Disagree.  There's a difference between aggressive on the football field and breaking things in a fight with a woman.  Good coaches, mentors, and representatives should be preaching that to every player from day one.  They have enough examples to hold up to teach any rookie that their job is one the line off the field as much as on it.  

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Disagree.  There's a difference between aggressive on the football field and breaking things in a fight with a woman.  Good coaches, mentors, and representatives should be preaching that to every player from day one.  They have enough examples to hold up to teach any rookie that their job is one the line off the field as much as on it.  

Meh..hard for me to get too worked up about $225. I doubt it will cost him millions of $$ and whether he plays in this game or any other with his snap count I really dont think it's matter of whether we win or lose. Dont get me wrong I'd rather have him in than out but  his lack of snaps regardless of reason I just dont see him as THAT big of an impact player.. I hope he proves me wrong with a psychotic vengeance tomorrow night.

Gay is the best LB on the roster right now and has the potential to be special.  But it can all come crashing down if he has character flaws that get him into repeated trouble.  His college history kept him from being a first rounder in the draft.  It's not about $225.  It's about visiting his kids mother and becoming so angry that he started breaking things.  One incident?  Learn from it.  Multiple problems?  He needs help whether it's professional, a close buddy, or a father figure coach.  Otherwise, we could be seeing another Hunt type departure.  

30 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Agree on all points. But ……………..

Women do this crap all the time. Set up a time with her and the kids. Start the recording devices and as soon as the dad shows up, nag and provoke him over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until he loses it and she has it all recorded to give to her lawyer. 

Or maybe that was just me. 

no it's not just you

Mrs B has heart failure of unknown origin.  She underwent an ablation procedure and is waiting for it to resolve (if it does). The horses, goats, and (down to one) dog are fine, as am I.  We have one granddaughter who is breathtakingly beautiful  and cute.  She is four but as tall as a 6 year old.  To keep this on football, Willie was not apparently very mature at his son's mom's house.  But we should play the hand dealt to us.  The same quick temper might be what makes him great as a linebacker.  I'd rather have that than Cool Hand Luke during the playoffs. When he is dealing with sweeps, he should be especially good.

2 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Agree on all points. But ……………..

Women do this crap all the time. Set up a time with her and the kids. Start the recording devices and as soon as the dad shows up, nag and provoke him over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until he loses it and she has it all recorded to give to her lawyer. 

Or maybe that was just me. 

All of us that have experienced broken relationships have been there and one thing most of us learn early is how easy it is to let disagreements blow up.  So we learn early, before meeting up, to overlook provocations and shut up or just walk away.  Nothing gained by trying to have the last word or being entrapped into worse anger.  Not a hard lesson to learn and Gay should know that before going in.  He should also know that he's more vulnerable than the average Joe due to his position and income.  Before he knocks on the door, he should vow to himself not to get sucked in.  Hill could tell him a few things about that.  Basic. 

55 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Mrs B has heart failure of unknown origin.  She underwent an ablation procedure and is waiting for it to resolve (if it does). The horses, goats, and (down to one) dog are fine, as am I.  We have one granddaughter who is breathtakingly beautiful  and cute.  She is four but as tall as a 6 year old.  To keep this on football, Willie was not apparently very mature at his son's mom's house.  But we should play the hand dealt to us.  The same quick temper might be what makes him great as a linebacker.  I'd rather have that than Cool Hand Luke during the playoffs. When he is dealing with sweeps, he should be especially good.

Sorry to hear about Mrs B! Prayers are sent... please give her my best.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out for her. 

36 minutes ago, qnet said:

Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out for her. 

Thanks, man.  We'll see.  It's pretty easy to get impatient with medical care these days.  I think it used to be better.  I really do.  Everyone's role is so fragmented. Thanks for your thoughts, qnet.

18 hours ago, jetlord said:

All of us that have experienced broken relationships have been there and one thing most of us learn early is how easy it is to let disagreements blow up.  So we learn early, before meeting up, to overlook provocations and shut up or just walk away.  Nothing gained by trying to have the last word or being entrapped into worse anger.  Not a hard lesson to learn and Gay should know that before going in.  He should also know that he's more vulnerable than the average Joe due to his position and income.  Before he knocks on the door, he should vow to himself not to get sucked in.  Hill could tell him a few things about that.  Basic. 

and just maybe he is..would make sense  for Tyreek to be a "sponsor"

19 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Hope everything is ok

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

same from the OT Farm.. in the spirit of Wilkie.. you both are in our thoughts and prayers 😉

Thanks OT.

(Every one here experiences difficulties, often worse, and we always pull for each other. Life is like that).  A Chiefs victory is what matters today.  Smiles all around.