Do we keep EB

Regardless of how our offseason plays out, I’m of the opinion that if EB doesn’t get a HC gig this time around that it’s time to cut him loose.  I wanted to get everyone else’s thoughts.

I feel this way for multiple reasons.  First, I’m a firm believer that he’s been behind the playcalling during a majority of the games this season that we’ve struggled.  I think Andy is trying his hardest to get his buddy a job and put the team at risk to do so.

Second, his contest is already up after this season.  He would be free to join any of the teams that are changing coaching staffs as there will be multiple openings.  I don’t have concerns about him finding work.

Lastly, I think if he seriously wants to get out from under Andy Reid’s shadow he needs a fresh start with another organization.  One where his contribution won’t be questioned and he can put his personal stamp on things.

What say you, kingdom?

I agree, I don't believe EB will go anywhere if he's not hired for a HC job.

On the play calling, this is something I thought about during the SB loss, but didn't mention it. I'm not totally sure we're right about that, but who knows. Being a running back coach I would assume EB would be running the ball more, if he were in total control of the play-calling. 

One thing for sure, that hasn't been mentioned much is, the Chiefs have had some really good success with RB's since he's been here. They run tough and physical. 

I agree as I don’t think Reid will let him go if he does not find a gig somewhere else. 
I 100% agree about the play calling. I believe this happened in Pitt game last week. I sure hope he is not calling plays from here on out. 
he must bring some value to our RB as mentioned. 

I like EB, but it’s probably better for the team to lose him because of the picks. Andy is the architect of this offense and it continues down the same path regardless of what OC comes or goes. I don’t think he will get let go but it would probably be better for his career to prove himself elsewhere.

Not sure how you guys figure out who is calling certain plays, but I'm confident that Andy has final say and thus the responsibility.  EB's best chance to win a HC job is if the Chiefs lose tomorrow  If they go on to the SB, most/all the slots will be filled.  If a team wants him badly enough, they might wait, but the chances are reduced.  Hope he gets a job, but not expecting it if the Chiefs keep winning. 

8 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

image.png.5f1b515721808151486af0bc0d8c7da2.png

The issue with that comparison is Moore from my understanding calls the plays, and we're not sure if EB calls them or just relays them from Reid. I'm not sure being able to call plays should carry as much weight as it seems to, but the fact is, it does for some teams.

10 minutes ago, qnet said:

The issue with that comparison is Moore from my understanding calls the plays, and we're not sure if EB calls them or just relays them from Reid. I'm not sure being able to call plays should carry as much weight as it seems to, but the fact is, it does for some teams.

You’re dignifying a racial tweet with a response.  If I’m a gm, I’ve definitely got pause about EB bc Andy’s last two offensive assistants that got head jobs are both unemployed. 

1 hour ago, the Warparty said:

But one DID win a SB

He did, but he also had some luck and got run out of town not long after.  Don’t get me wrong, I’d take Pederson or Nagy back, but there’s a perception problem in terms of assistants coming out of here due to the lack of overall success between the two of them, justified or not. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

He did, but he also had some luck and got run out of town not long after.  Don’t get me wrong, I’d take Pederson or Nagy back, but there’s a perception problem in terms of assistants coming out of here due to the lack of overall success between the two of them, justified or not. 

Meh he also has the best coaching tree out of all the current head coaches