Draft picks?

Sorry I should of been more exact in case it was read wrong....1 coach/gm its 1 3-round pick each year for 2 years  2 coach/gm all it says is 3 doesn't say anything more exact but I would assume 1 first year then 2 second year?

The gist of the resolution:

• A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.

• A team that loses two minority staffers to head coach and general manager positions would receive three third-round picks.

From NFL.com

Teams that lose a minority coach or executive to a head coach or general manager job with another team will receive a third-round compensatory pick for two consecutive years, per Pelissero. If a team loses a minority coach and an executive to HC and GM roles, that club will receive a third-round compensatory pick for three consecutive years.

According to the resolution, a team is eligible to receive draft pick compensation if the candidate in question has been "employed by the employer-club for a minimum of two years." There can be no break in employment between teams.

14 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

HeSometime I wonder if this rule deters teams from grabbing minority coaches/ executives from the Chiefs. Extra 3rd round pick in 2 drafts is a huge  help for the chiefs

I maybe wrong but it's not the team's 3rd that picks him ..it's just added to the end of draft

14 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

HeSometime I wonder if this rule deters teams from grabbing minority coaches/ executives from the Chiefs. Extra 3rd round pick in 2 drafts is a huge  help for the chiefs

Teams want to find the right guy.  They're not gonna give a crap about another team getting picks.

40 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I am just saying, it may be a deterrent. If it is close, teams play be petty enough to avoid helping the Chiefs. Particularly if they are in the AFC

If they think the guy will help them out they will pull the trigger. There's more to gain if the guy is a solid addition. Besides most of the interest seems to come from the NFC, who probably don't care about a couple extra picks we get.