Divisional game thread

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Our corner situation is suboptimal.  Hitchens is terrible and slow.  Matthieu and Clark aren’t worth the money.  Now is the time to get right over there.  Now meaning after the season of course. 

Ingram looks really good.  Too bad he doesn't have a player opposite him that generates the same kind of pressure.  Also Clark looked like he gave up on a few plays.

2 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

ESPN Stats & Info@ESPNStatsInfo

With 0:13 left and up 36-33, the Bills had a 91% chance to win according to ESPN's win probability. You know the rest. https://t.co/v29uxYdpPS

Is it just me or does 90 percent seem awfully generous.   I was thinking it should have been like 98-99%.

1 hour ago, robgar said:

didnt see anybody giving hardman credit for that huge catch and run.. what you guys got against the guy. 

I've been as critical as any on Hardman but that 100 yard game he had a few weeks back seemed like it flipped a switch.   He has played stellar ever since!   Great timing too!   I did write about that so i already ate my crow.    

1 hour ago, VIChiefsFan said:

According to ESPN we were 91.5% favourites after we went up 33 29 in the fourth quarter.  Had we lost, it would have been the third playoff game Reid lost while being over 90% to win at some point in the game.  We were up to 97.9 vs the Titans and I think even higher for the Colts.

Andy Reid is an incredible coach but he makes it so hard on himself to win games.  We should have had that game wrapped up going into the 4th.    Thank goodness we got Mahomes!

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Said the same thing to myself.

Bolton makes multiple impact tackles per game. Often behind the line. Hitchens makes maybe one tackle of noticed impact every other game and is often operating 5 to 10 yards down the field, not in the backfield. 

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Andy Reid is an incredible coach but he makes it so hard on himself to win games.  We should have had that game wrapped up going into the 4th.    Thank goodness we got Mahomes!

One thing about Reid in this game that hasn't been pointed out is, we had all 3 of our timeouts. Reid, pre-Mahomes was criticized for clock management. That was huge in this game

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

Bolton makes multiple impact tackles per game. Often behind the line. Hitchens makes maybe one tackle of noticed impact every other game and is often operating 5 to 10 yards down the field, not in the backfield. 

You could make the argument we won that game because of Bolton and those first half stops that he was apart of.  Dude is a beast and should be on the field 100% of the time unless he needs a breather.   Give him the dot and get Niemann off the field.   He is a robot and has no feel for the game.   He also isn't physically able to impact the game even if he knows what is going on.  

1 minute ago, qnet said:

One thing about Reid in this game that hasn't been pointed out is, we had all 3 of our timeouts. Reid, pre-Mahomes was criticized for clock management. That was huge in this game

True but one of those should have been used on the last Allen TD.  17 or 23  seconds left.  On the replay the secondary was confused and out of position.   You have to call a TO there.  They don't need a FG they need a TD.  I know hind sight it gave us just enough time but they weren't on the 5 yard line either.   

It all worked out but dang we made some baffling mental gaffes this game.    Thornhill allowing a wr to get behind him when a long sustained drive by the Bills works in our favor with a 9 point lead.   The horrendous 3rd and 1 call.   The two punt returners back but neither fielded the ball on the 16 cost us a possession.  Spags not changing up anything (blitz or delayed blitz) when Allen was cutting through the secondary like a hot knife through butter.   

Just now, Calichief said:

Melvin Ingram was incredible tonight. Lost in the shuffle. He forced two 4th downs. Game should have been over 

He still has a lot of juice left in the tank.   Would love to sign him to a 2/16 million kind of deal.   He actually generates consistent pressure.   Jones needs two guys to do that.  Ingram would give us one and its possible next year he is better because he is two years removed from that injury.

21 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Ingram looks really good.  Too bad he doesn't have a player opposite him that generates the same kind of pressure.  Also Clark looked like he gave up on a few plays.

I want to bring Ingram back. He and jones have been a good tandem.  Isn’t Reed a free agent again after this year?  Just curious, not bc I want him back, bc I don’t 😬

Few things that stood out to me. 
mahomes: bigger the game the better he plays. We are so damn lucky to have him. 4 years starter 4 afc championship games. Unreal. 
RB: I’m a CEH critic but he did look fresh tonight. Still missed a few holes. McKinnon made a few mental mistakes. We need a stud back. I didn’t see burton at all. 
hardman/ Pringle: these guys are stepping up and making plays. That’s two games in a row where Pringle drops the first pass thrown to him. 
DB: I’m not sure WTF was happening with wide open guys but if this is a sign of HB departure early in game we are in trouble. 

i so happy to be a chiefs fan ! 
bring on the bengals. 

13 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

You could make the argument we won that game because of Bolton and those first half stops that he was apart of.  Dude is a beast and should be on the field 100% of the time unless he needs a breather.   Give him the dot and get Niemann off the field.   He is a robot and has no feel for the game.   He also isn't physically able to impact the game even if he knows what is going on.  

The good news is that that will probably happen.  The bad news is it won't happen this playoff season. 

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

I want to bring Ingram back. He and jones have been a good tandem.  Isn’t Reed a free agent again after this year?  Just curious, not bc I want him back, bc I don’t 😬

I would bring Reed back. I think he makes a good DT tandem with Jones. 

big yes to Ingram coming back. 

Hitchens and Neimann need to go. Do not bring either back. Do not even tempt our idiot DC with the ability to play either. Darius Harris or DOD can be our third LB. 

Hughes and Sorensen need to go too. I also don’t think Matthieu should be back either. Mainly because his cap hit is way too high. Anything over 6 million is too much for him at this point in his career. 

3 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Few things that stood out to me. 
mahomes: bigger the game the better he plays. We are so damn lucky to have him. 4 years starter 4 afc championship games. Unreal. 
RB: I’m a CEH critic but he did look fresh tonight. Still missed a few holes. McKinnon made a few mental mistakes. We need a stud back. I didn’t see burton at all. 
hardman/ Pringle: these guys are stepping up and making plays. That’s two games in a row where Pringle drops the first pass thrown to him. 
DB: I’m not sure WTF was happening with wide open guys but if this is a sign of HB departure early in game we are in trouble. 

i so happy to be a chiefs fan ! 
bring on the bengals. 

I think we missed Fenton more than Matthieu