Divisional game thread

6 hours ago, Palangi said:

I would bring Reed back. I think he makes a good DT tandem with Jones. 

big yes to Ingram coming back. 

Hitchens and Neimann need to go. Do not bring either back. Do not even tempt our idiot DC with the ability to play either. Darius Harris or DOD can be our third LB. 

Hughes and Sorensen need to go too. I also don’t think Matthieu should be back either. Mainly because his cap hit is way too high. Anything over 6 million is too much for him at this point in his career. 

I agree with all the moves. I'm tempted to bring HB back but I don't know if he'll be worth the price. Get a 3rd and move on.

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Ingram looks really good.  Too bad he doesn't have a player opposite him that generates the same kind of pressure.  Also Clark looked like he gave up on a few plays.

By my count Clark made 2 plays yesterday. 

Our #3 cap hit needs to start fucking performing... with consistency.

8 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Few things that stood out to me. 
mahomes: bigger the game the better he plays. We are so damn lucky to have him. 4 years starter 4 afc championship games. Unreal. 
RB: I’m a CEH critic but he did look fresh tonight. Still missed a few holes. McKinnon made a few mental mistakes. We need a stud back. I didn’t see burton at all. 
hardman/ Pringle: these guys are stepping up and making plays. That’s two games in a row where Pringle drops the first pass thrown to him. 
DB: I’m not sure WTF was happening with wide open guys but if this is a sign of HB departure early in game we are in trouble. 

i so happy to be a chiefs fan ! 
bring on the bengals. 

If Butker makes just the PAT, there's no Buff comeback. If he makes that FG, the game's out of reach.

He was clutch on the last FG... but damn.

8 minutes ago, mex said:

By my count Clark made 2 plays yesterday. 

Our #3 cap hit needs to start fucking performing... with consistency.

I think this defense is gonna be much cheaper, younger, and faster next year. If we can win games of this magnitude without HB or Clark making much of an impact, theres no reason to pay them top of the scale money.

The part I cannot wrap my head around is the insistence on playing Niemann and Sorenson in nickel and dime.

I understand some of it was out of necessity w Badger out, but wasn't this exactly why we drafted Gay? Because he had the highest coverage grade of any LB in college football the yr he was drafted?

What the fuck is Niemann doing to merit these snaps? Was he involved in a play once last night other than missing a tackle on Allen on a key 3rd down?

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think this defense is gonna be much cheaper, younger, and faster next year. If we can win games of this magnitude without HB or Clark making much of an impact, theres no reason to pay them top of the scale money.

The part I cannot wrap my head around is the insistence on playing Niemann and Sorenson in nickel and dime. I understand some of it was out of necessity w Badger out, but wasn't this exactly why we drafted Gay? Because he had the highest coverage grade of any LB in college football the yr he was drafted?

What the fuck is Niemann doing to merit these snaps? Was he involved in a play once last night other than missing a tackle on Allen on a key 3rd down?

Yep.

RE: Niemann.... inquiring minds want to know.

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

I agree with all the moves. I'm tempted to bring HB back but I don't know if he'll be worth the price. Get a 3rd and move on.

Is your reasoning the miscommunication or his play on the field.  It’s the playoffs.  Everyone on the field has seen time this year.  These are professionals and none of them are rookies.  

I think we already made the mistake of overpaying a field general whose skills are quickly deteriorating just so a bunch of professionals can get lined up right.  Coaching staff needs ro do better or find different players.  

43 minutes ago, mex said:

Yep.

RE: Niemann.... inquiring minds want to know.

I dog both of those guys being on the same field at the same time because both are physical linilties.   Nieman is by far the worse of the two.  Dan will occasionally make a play!  They can’t be on the field at the same time and we would have been better in base.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Is your reasoning the miscommunication or his play on the field.  It’s the playoffs.  Everyone on the field has seen time this year.  These are professionals and none of them are rookies.  

I think we already made the mistake of overpaying a field general whose skills are quickly deteriorating just so a bunch of professionals can get lined up right.  Coaching staff needs ro do better or find different players.  

His play. He was a slam dunk in 2019 but afterwards his play never reached that level. He's still a very good player but doesn't really justify the big money we need to pay him. Giving a guy like Reed a short term deal to take DT off the needs list and moving Safety up in the draft makes more sense to me unless there's some FA that I'm missing. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The part I cannot wrap my head around is the insistence on playing Niemann and Sorenson in nickel and dime.

I understand some of it was out of necessity w Badger out, but wasn't this exactly why we drafted Gay? Because he had the highest coverage grade of any LB in college football the yr he was drafted?

I think everyone who watches has this same inquiry. But for some reason Spags insists on it even to the detriment of the team. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

His play. He was a slam dunk in 2019 but afterwards his play never reached that level. He's still a very good player but doesn't really justify the big money we need to pay him. Giving a guy like Reed a short term deal to take DT off the needs list and moving Safety up in the draft makes more sense to me unless there's some FA that I'm missing. 

I could agree with your DT proposition if Khalen Saunders can come back and STAY HEALTHY. Otherwise, we really do need an inside presence that hold up in the middle mainly against the run. Nnadi is good for about a quarter and a half, and Reed/Wharton/Jones have not been consistent against the run.

We could use a solid "BIG BODY" in the middle, but not more than a DE, WR, Safety and CB.

Probably the biggest problem with Niemann is he is worthless against mobile QBs. They always exploit him clearing the middle of the field as he haplessly chases a TE or RB or just turns his back to the play. I get that we need a sub when a guy is winded. But he doesn’t seem to contribute anything when his package comes in. Still waiting on him to get a pick 6 and save the day.

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

Probably the biggest problem with Niemann is he is worthless against mobile QBs. They always exploit him clearing the middle of the field as he haplessly chases a TE or RB or just turns his back to the play. I get that we need a sub when a guy is winded. But he doesn’t seem to contribute anything when his package comes in. Still waiting on him to get a pick 6 and save the day.

well i thought Nieman/Hitchens was the reason for the Gay draft. Remember a couple of years ago, Hitchens was the guy in the guy in that Dime package. Now it's Nieman. 

There is no way in hell that anyone can make me believe that Nieman is better than Gay or even Bolton in coverage.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

well i thought Nieman/Hitchens was the reason for the Gay draft. Remember a couple of years ago, Hitchens was the guy in the guy in that Dime package. Now it's Nieman. 

There is no way in hell that anyone can make me believe that Nieman is better than Gay or even Bolton in coverage.

No chance. Bolton is so instinctual even if he lacks some speed he is in the right place. And I’m not seeing the slowness everyone else sees

13 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I've been as critical as any on Hardman but that 100 yard game he had a few weeks back seemed like it flipped a switch.   He has played stellar ever since!   Great timing too!   I did write about that so i already ate my crow.    

It wouldn't be the first time some have gotten down on a early draft choice only to have to eat crow several years down the road.  Hardman may be growing up ad the coaches may be learning how to use him plus Mahomes may be starting to trust him more.