Cannot wait to watch the morning shows

No one will eat crow.   They will complain about the OT rules.  Most will double down that the best qb should have won, or something about Hill and Kelce.   Nothing about Mahomes carving up that supposed #1 D while Josh Allen carved up a very avg D that doesn't generate a lot of pressure or a least pressure that hurries the qb.  We just moved Allen around and got picked apart.

I’ve already seen enough from the media tonight to know you won’t be happy.  All they can talk about is how Josh Allen was robbed of a chance in OT…. That and the coaching mistake of kicking the ball into the end zone with 13 seconds left.  This is what you’ll be hearing about…. Once again it will be about the other teams shortcomings and not credit to the better team 

Media already started:

https://sports.yahoo.com/overtime-rule-undermines-nfl-best-034115290.html

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/nfl-2022-overtime-rule-debate-patrick-mahomes-v-josh-allen-kansas-city-v-buffalo-bills-result-highlights-reaction/news-story/b1a7a744a1288f38dc57f3ce43b71f18

And a few other places. BTW I don't like the rule either I believe it should be a full quarter with no sudden death but they are acting like NFL made up the rule just before OT started. 

KC tried to get the OT rule changed in the off season after they lost to the Pats in the AFCCG.   Didn't get enough support and Buffalo was one of the teams that didn't want it changed so screw'em.   

We're the villians now that everyone is tired of seeing and going into the Cincy game the media will come up with a bunch of different narratives on why Burrow will be the one to come in and unseat the Chiefs as top dog.   

2 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

KC tried to get the OT rule changed in the off season after they lost to the Pats in the AFCCG.   Didn't get enough support and Buffalo was one of the teams that didn't want it changed so screw'em.   

We're the villians now that everyone is tired of seeing and going into the Cincy game the media will come up with a bunch of different narratives on why Burrow will be the one to come in and unseat the Chiefs as top dog.   

yup

2 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

What's the story there, Chiefs are only here because they were lucky or aided by stupid rules and Burrow is the knight in shining armor to save football?

31 minutes ago, sith13 said:

What's the story there, Chiefs are only here because they were lucky or aided by stupid rules and Burrow is the knight in shining armor to save football?

seems the entire sports world is now outraged by the OT rules. I maybe wrong and I do remember a little bit of discontent  when this happened to the Chiefs but not to this extent.. There very well may be another OT Rule Vote n down the line but this game last night very easily could of gone into the wee hrs of the morning. Not sure what the answer is but  it'll never be right for  everybody. The Chiefs  had luck on their side last night and the  "world" is pissed about it.

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

seems the entire sports world is now outraged by the OT rules. I maybe wrong and I do remember a little bit of discontent  when this happened to the Chiefs but not to this extent.. There very well may be another OT Rule Vote n down the line but this game last night very easily could of gone into the wee hrs of the morning. Not sure what the answer is but  it'll never be right for  everybody. The Chiefs  had luck on their side last night and the  "world" is pissed about it.

I don't mind the game going on until there's a winner in the playoffs, if they are worried about the end time they can start the games at noon and afternoon. I'm sure there will be edge cases for every rule but I don't mind the OT played as full quarters until there's a winner. 

What I hate is the emphasis on the stupid OT rules after a game that showcased the greatest 2 minutes in NFL history. 2 comebacks one of which is with 13 seconds is overlooked quite a bit in the media. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

The Chiefs organization unsuccessfully protested/lobbied for this very OT rule change in 2019. 

I'd like to know if Buffalo supported them. Because if not... fuck 'em.

And fuck anyone else who sat on their hands and left Hunt hanging out to dry.

Buffalo voted against changing the rule after that 2018 game LMAO

The coverage is pretty much what we all expected. I personally like the overtime rule the way it is, and never liked the way they do it in college.  Just like the 17th game, I wish people would stop talking about it, but I know they won't.