Status of Mathieu and Fenton

10 minutes ago, mex said:

I'm never up to speed on these things... does anyone know the latest? Is there a chance the concussion protocol will allow HB to play? And what's the latest on RF?

I think fenton will play.  He was questionable to play yesterday, so another week to get better should be enough

Couple things with HB.  I don't think they every confirmed concussion, did they?  Kept calling it a "head injury".  But if it was, yes, he totally has a chance to play this weekend.  I believe he can be cleared as early as 48 hours after entering the protocol providing he passes all the tests.  Once he passes he's cleared 100% by the league.  

All that said, the Chiefs are notorious for being extra careful with concussions.  He may get cleared and the Chiefs still don't let him play.

3 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

I think fenton will play.  He was questionable to play yesterday, so another week to get better should be enough

Couple things with HB.  I don't think they every confirmed concussion, did they?  Kept calling it a "head injury".  But if it was, yes, he totally has a chance to play this weekend.  I believe he can be cleared as early as 48 hours after entering the protocol providing he passes all the tests.  Once he passes he's cleared 100% by the league.  

All that said, the Chiefs are notorious for being extra careful with concussions.  He may get cleared and the Chiefs still don't let him play.

They did confirm he was out for the game and had entered concussion protocol.

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They did confirm he was out for the game and had entered concussion protocol.

I think it's different during the game and afterwards. Mahomes was also in concussion protocol during the Browns game but after the game it didn't turn out to be a concussion. I don't know what HB's situation is but he could be in a similar situation. 

That being said if he's on the protocol it's up to the doctor's to decide so we better be ready to suffer Dirty Dan at least one more game and hope HB comes back as early as this week. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm sure HB will be day to day  until Saturday. The Safety Position game by game is more and more a major priority HB altho may b a leader but he's slow and I think is on a deep decline.

Hey OT you know were on the same page about HB, but I feel like his "leadership" was really missed last nite. However, I do believe there are other players in that secondary that can take over the "leadership" role and we can let HB walk and draft a younger, cheaper, FASTER Safety. 

21 minutes ago, artsy said:

Hey OT you know were on the same page about HB, but I feel like his "leadership" was really missed last nite. However, I do believe there are other players in that secondary that can take over the "leadership" role and we can let HB walk and draft a younger, cheaper, FASTER Safety. 

JMO but I think it'll take an early draft pick but if someone we already have can fill those shoes then I'm all for it. I always have and still respect HB but dang it other than leadership I just dont see him bringing much to the table. He's slow, certainly does not hit/tackle like he used to. It happens to the best of men but I think his time is past and what price do you pay for  just leadership?

I hope he can muster up 2 more retro HB games..we'll need it.

4 minutes ago, West said:

The game turned into a track meet very quickly.

Thank God we have Mahomes....

w

Yes sir! BUT.....we gotta do something about our defense IMO. Or was it just Hughes and a tired Dline? IDK, but it completely fell apart in the 4th qtr. 

I think KC is asking an awful lot of PM15 and this offense to perform like last night in the postseason every game.

10 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

hope we come better prepared for Chase this time

That will be a problem.  If Fenton and HB can play, the Chiefs should be able to come up with a scheme to slow down Chase.  They certainly didn't let Diggs burn them yesterday which was my big concern before the game.  What I don't get is not using Watt to play high instead of Sorenson.  Let Watt replace Thornhill and Thornhill replace Sorenson.  Can't be any worse and could be a big improvement.  Two high would be Thornhill and Watt.  Single High would be Watt with Thornhill coming up.  Watt played okay yesterday.  At least he didn't seem to make any major errors in his limited snaps. 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That will be a problem.  If Fenton and HB can play, the Chiefs should be able to come up with a scheme to slow down Chase.  They certainly didn't let Diggs burn them yesterday which was my big concern before the game.  What I don't get is not using Watt to play high instead of Sorenson.  Let Watt replace Thornhill and Thornhill replace Sorenson.  Can't be any worse and could be a big improvement.  Two high would be Thornhill and Watt.  Single High would be Watt with Thornhill coming up.  Watt played okay yesterday.  At least he didn't seem to make any major errors in his limited snaps. 

Yea, I thought Watt played ok too. we didn't hear his name called very much at all...That's a good thing.

1 minute ago, West said:

I agree Art....I would add that Mahomes, McKinnon, Kelce, Hill and Hardman absolutely torched the "#1 Defense" in the NFL as well.

That said, our defense must imrpve.

w

Add Clyde to your list.  He made a couple of good runs to help keep the defense honest. 

3 hours ago, artsy said:

Yes sir! BUT.....we gotta do something about our defense IMO. Or was it just Hughes and a tired Dline? IDK, but it completely fell apart in the 4th qtr. 

I think KC is asking an awful lot of PM15 and this offense to perform like last night in the postseason every game.

Don't forget that was the #1 defense in the NFL.

1 hour ago, West said:

I agree Art....I would add that Mahomes, McKinnon, Kelce, Hill and Hardman absolutely torched the "#1 Defense" in the NFL as well.

That said, our defense must imrpve.

w

I'd add CEH to that... he was money last night. 

And he was hugging that rock like a sack of loot... wasn't anyone going to knock it out of his arms.

Gotta love that, hope it continues in our next two games, as that's the only thing that will beat us... TOs

Hopefully HB and Fenton are back for this game. The backend was a shit show yesterday...but it also was 3 weeks ago with HB on the field when we played Bengal's. 

Bengals O line is not as stout as Buffalos so that will help. 

Do we know which chiefs players did not play in the Bengals game 3 weeks ago? 

Thank you 

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Hopefully HB and Fenton are back for this game. The backend was a shit show yesterday...but it also was 3 weeks ago with HB on the field when we played Bengal's. 

Bengals O line is not as stout as Buffalos so that will help. 

Do we know which chiefs players did not play in the Bengals game 3 weeks ago? 

Thank you 

We have seen the back end get burned often this season even with HB. Chiefs need a domiate pass rush on Burrow. He was sacked 9 times Sat. No rush= back end will continue to get burned. One area Kc did not address was safety and it is costing them. You cant fix everything so thats understandable. Cinn back end is not special either so Mahomes should have a good day.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

We have seen the back end get burned often this season even with HB. Chiefs need a domiate pass rush on Burrow. He was sacked 9 times Sat. No rush= back end will continue to get burned. One area Kc did not address was safety and it is costing them. You cant fix everything so thats understandable. Cinn back end is not special either so Mahomes should have a good day.

Well, I don't think my heart can take another SHOOT OUT. The defense gets paid too. They need to step up and do their part. Although Hughes, Thornhill aaaannd Snead sucked last night, Hughes has been slacking all season long when asked to play. 

I'm not a Fenton fan mainly because he has Reggie Nelson syndrome...(Never turns his head around and very handsy) he is better than Hughes.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Well, I don't think my heart can take another SHOOT OUT. The defense gets paid too. They need to step up and do their part. Although Hughes, Thornhill aaaannd Snead sucked last night, Hughes has been slacking all season long when asked to play. 

I'm not a Fenton fan mainly because he has Reggie Nelson syndrome...(Never turns his head around and very handsy) he is better than Hughes.

Fenton has graded out really well.  Hope he can go. Sneed may have been trying to do too much seeing how others were faltering. I even think Thornhill is average at best. The sign the high pick cast offs with potential did not work out. Hughes looks good on ST but not on D. 

Good think playoff Mahomes has showed up. Chiefs will need 40 to win Sunday.