Status of Mathieu and Fenton

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Fenton has graded out really well.  Hope he can go. Sneed may have been trying to do too much seeing how others were faltering. I even think Thornhill is average at best. The sign the high pick cast offs with potential did not work out. Hughes looks good on ST but not on D. 

Good think playoff Mahomes has showed up. Chiefs will need 40 to win Sunday.

Yea, that sucks.

45 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well, I don't think my heart can take another SHOOT OUT. The defense gets paid too. They need to step up and do their part. Although Hughes, Thornhill aaaannd Snead sucked last night, Hughes has been slacking all season long when asked to play. 

I'm not a Fenton fan mainly because he has Reggie Nelson syndrome...(Never turns his head around and very handsy) he is better than Hughes.

Yes they need to step up but do they have the talent to do it in a Championship Game vs a very good opponent? I dont see it. Chiefs D has not played well against good offenses.

I don’t think the Bengals are as good an overall team as Buffalo. KC could lose, but you can scheme Chase out (hopefully) and force Burrow to win with others. Hopefully their offensive line is terrible again and Arrowhead wrecks them. No way we turn the ball over like Titans and gift them a win. Clark and Jones need to earn their checks this week.

HB needs to be healthy to help prevent confusion. We need Fenton and Ward. I don’t think Ward was in the final plays, looked like he had a head injury too.

Only reason KC lost to Bengals was because KC didn’t execute. Play like we did yesterday on offense, we shouldn’t lose.

56 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes they need to step up but do they have the talent to do it in a Championship Game vs a very good opponent? I dont see it. Chiefs D has not played well against good offenses.

We played arguably the best team in the league (besides the Chiefs) yesterday. And we came out on top even after we made a ton of mistakes, left 4 points off the board, and did so without two of our best guys in the secondary. 

Not sure this Cincy team is better than Buffalo. Burrow is GREAT. Chase is amazing and so is Mixon. And they have a pretty damned good defense. But in the reg season game, some of those completions to Chase were flat out LUCKY. Also the refs were horribly unfavorable to the Chiefs while giving carte blanch to the bengals. 

We'll be a different team on Sunday. The Bengals will be worse.

59 minutes ago, mex said:

We played arguably the best team in the league (besides the Chiefs) yesterday. And we came out on top even after we made a ton of mistakes, left 4 points off the board, and did so without two of our best guys in the secondary. 

Not sure this Cincy team is better than Buffalo. Burrow is GREAT. Chase is amazing and so is Mixon. And they have a pretty damned good defense. But in the reg season game, some of those completions to Chase were flat out LUCKY. Also the refs were horribly unfavorable to the Chiefs while giving carte blanch to the bengals. 

We'll be a different team on Sunday. The Bengals will be worse.

Agree: I think KC wins. My point was the defense is simply not good. Forget the numbers. When playing good offenses the KC defense gets cooked. 

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree: I think KC wins. My point was the defense is simply not good. Forget the numbers. When playing good offenses the KC defense gets cooked. 

When playing great offenses at full strength, all defenses get cooked.  Don't know if you noticed, but it's not 1970.

We just hung 42 on the number 1 offense.  

Just now, xen said:

When playing great offenses at full strength, all defenses get cooked.  Don't know if you noticed, but it's not 1970.

We just hung 42 on the number 1 offense.  

Yes much truth to that. Not all defenses get cooked. Most do. Thanks for updating the year. I had not noticed.

4 hours ago, mex said:

Let's hope clark doesn't phone it in like yesterday

fuckin' overpaid fuckety fuck

Clark played well.  Eight pressures and a sack.  How many times did you hear Jones's name called?  Ingram and Clark sealed the ends pretty well and without Clark, the Chiefs wouldn't have won.  Overpaid?  Yes.  Useless?  Not yesterday.  

4 hours ago, mex said:

Let's hope clark doesn't phone it in like yesterday

fuckin' overpaid fuckety fuck

Clark played well.  Eight pressures and a sack.  How many times did you hear Jones's name called?  Ingram and Clark sealed the ends pretty well and without Clark, the Chiefs wouldn't have won.  Overpaid?  Yes.  Useless?  Not yesterday.  

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That sack was Ingram. Clark came in and basically handed the ball back to Allen. Clark had two tackles. 

9 minutes ago, dhitter said:

There was a couple of plays where Ingram absolutely destroyed the right tackle and got in on Allen fast. Slippery bastard got away and extended the play. Burrow is not a running back disguised as a QB like Allen. I think the Chiefs will get somewhere between 2-4 sacks. 

yea but he jus won having 8.. hoping for  2-4 INTs instead

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

You're correct.  Clark got a tackle for loss but Reed was the one who got the other sack.  My mistake.

I'm saving this post for eternity. 

maybe he wasn't useless... frank had two tfl's

but in rewatching the game, there are lots of plays where he isn't going full out

when you're making those kinda bucks, whether you perform or not you'd better at least have your motor revving for 60

11 minutes ago, dhitter said:

There was a couple of plays where Ingram absolutely destroyed the right tackle and got in on Allen fast. Slippery bastard got away and extended the play. Burrow is not a running back disguised as a QB like Allen. I think the Chiefs will get somewhere between 2-4 sacks. 

Allen is a fucking fullback... that dude is hard to bring down... period

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Buffalo doubled jones every play, they weren’t going to let him beat them. Considering that the rest of the line was average at best. I thought ingram showed some burst and played well, clark was ok. The DT next to jones were useless other than reed making a couple plays

16 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I don’t think the Bengals are as good an overall team as Buffalo. KC could lose, but you can scheme Chase out (hopefully) and force Burrow to win with others. Hopefully their offensive line is terrible again and Arrowhead wrecks them. No way we turn the ball over like Titans and gift them a win. Clark and Jones need to earn their checks this week.

HB needs to be healthy to help prevent confusion. We need Fenton and Ward. I don’t think Ward was in the final plays, looked like he had a head injury too.

Only reason KC lost to Bengals was because KC didn’t execute. Play like we did yesterday on offense, we shouldn’t lose.

Fenton played against Bengals and held Higgins to 65 yds. If he does not go we could see another shoot out.. If yo go back and look and re watch the game with the bengals burrow threw passes fairly quickly so the pressure couldn't get to him. With that being said...Spags really needs to find a way for burrow to hold the ball...and let the pass rush get there. 

Both Clark and Ingram are basically playing for their next paycheck. I would assume they wreck havoc against a relatively lame OL in this one. Bengals won't have the refs bail them out so easily and the secondary won't be as useless so I think we'll see a much better defense. Still not sure if we stop them from scoring as Spags seem to turn into his predecessor, that I prefer not to name, and goes into the useless prevent mode lately.