Status of Mathieu and Fenton

14 hours ago, mex said:

I'm saving this post for eternity. 

maybe he wasn't useless... frank had two tfl's

but in rewatching the game, there are lots of plays where he isn't going full out

when you're making those kinda bucks, whether you perform or not you'd better at least have your motor revving for 60

Yup, I saw Clark literally stop running while chasing Allen. Basically giving up on the play. Ugh...

54 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Both Clark and Ingram are basically playing for their next paycheck. I would assume they wreck havoc against a relatively lame OL in this one. Bengals won't have the refs bail them out so easily and the secondary won't be as useless so I think we'll see a much better defense. Still not sure if we stop them from scoring as Spags seem to turn into his predecessor, that I prefer not to name, and goes into the useless prevent mode lately. 

We can move on from Clark, but resigning Ingram is a must .

18 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

We can move on from Clark, but resigning Ingram is a must .

15 minutes ago, artsy said:

Mmm...Ingram is how old??

33 in FA. I don't mind signing him for a modest deal but if there's someone willing to pay him a stud starter money I would stay away from that. 

I have to say that I am more worried about this game than the Bills game. Reason is that we played them only 3 weeks or ago and needed to win to clinch 1 seed and we didn't. 

I'm not overly worried about our offense, but our defense is the main concern here and in particular the back end. 

here are some nuggets from previous matchup from ESPN game summary. 

bengals got 6 first downs by way of penalty. Chiefs got 1.

we sacked burrow 4 times and Mahomes zero.

we had 155 yds rushing they had 60.

we had 10 penalties for 83 yds. and they had 5 for 62yds. 

each team had 9 drives. TOP was 30:54 chiefs 29:06 Bengals. 

No turnovers for either team. 

Basically the 6 first downs by way of penalty allowed Bengal's drives to continue. That will be huge this game. I'm not to sure what the penalties were for. 

We rushed the ball very well...and I don't see that changing. So this is a positive for KC. 

As everyone has said, and its not rocket science but if we keep Chase under control we should be in a very good position to win as along as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. 

I don't know what Spags is going to do to accomplish. If Chase is Burrows first read and its not there...then maybe thats enough time for pass rush to get there. Lets hope so. 

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

I have to say that I am more worried about this game than the Bills game. Reason is that we played them only 3 weeks or ago and needed to win to clinch 1 seed and we didn't. 

I'm not overly worried about our offense, but our defense is the main concern here and in particular the back end. 

Basically the 6 first downs by way of penalty allowed Bengal's drives to continue. That will be huge this game. I'm not to sure what the penalties were for. 

We rushed the ball very well...and I don't see that changing. So this is a positive for KC. 

As everyone has said, and its not rocket science but if we keep Chase under control we should be in a very good position to win as along as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. 

I don't know what Spags is going to do to accomplish. If Chase is Burrows first read and its not there...then maybe thats enough time for pass rush to get there. Lets hope so. 

This post should probably have gone under the AFCCG. Sorry. 

15 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Refs helped cincy... a LOT

Chase made some great catches but some of them were LUCKY... 

They'll be formidable no doubt, but there ain't no way they're gonna light us up like last time.

Buffalo's offense was much better this season than cincy's

Its not just Burrow that is affected by the noise its the whole offense.  That is what makes it more difficult is how hard it is to communicate...audible, snap count, etc. Dude is cocky that's for sure.  That can either be a huge plus or a huge negative.

6 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I've been a Chiefs fan for too long to not be worried, but KC has a few things going that were missing three weeks ago.  If HB and Fenton play, they will scheme better to stop Chase.  The refs will be different.  The noise level when Burrow is checking out of a play or even just trying to get the snap count.  And no way do the Chiefs repeat the mere three points for the last half of the game if the game is on the line.  Could be wrong, but the Chiefs played the championship game two days ago in my book.  Barring a let down, this one should be a little easier. 

Chiefs S Tyrann Mathieu (concussion) returned to practice Thursday. 

The Chiefs have yet to release Mathieu's official Thursday status, but it will likely be "limited" following Wednesday's DNP. Coach Andy Reid has expressed optimism Mathieu will be ready after going down on the opening drive of Sunday's Divisional Round win over the Bills. The Bengals are yet another lethal passing attack, one where Mathieu's presence would make an enormous difference for a defense that has been getting shredded through the air of late.