Jamaal Charles, De'Anthony Thomas, Eric Berry likely to practice for Chiefs this week

Hope they all hit the field.  I am getting pumped for this monday nighter.  Place is gonna be electric!!

The Kansas City Chiefs are expecting a better injury report heading into Monday Night Football against the New England Patriots. Chiefs coach Andy Reid said that Jamaal CharlesEric Berry and De'Anthony Thomas are alllikely to practice later this week.

The Chiefs play the Patriots on Monday so their first practice will be Thursday, instead of Wednesday.

The Chiefs, of course, won't know who is actually practicing until Thursday gets here. Jamaal Charles, who suffered a high ankle sprain in Denver in Week 2, was not expected to practice last week but then, wham, there he was practicing on Thursday and Friday. Even though Charles did not play, he was spotted on the field warming up before the game so it's reasonable to assume that he was close to having a shot at playing. If he was close to playing last week, you gotta think he has a solid shot of playing this week.

On Wednesday last week, De'Anthony Thomas was expecting to play in Week 3. When Thursday rolled around, he was back on the injury report with his bothersome hamstring, so you never can tell who will and won't be available. DAT has yet to play in an NFL game so obviously everyone hoping he can get on the field and make some sort of impact, even if that's just special teams. The Chiefs special teams made some mental errors last week so it will be great for the Chiefs to get DAT back on the field in the return game if he is able to go.

Meanwhile, Eric Berry did not play last week due to his ankle sprain. Outside of his 2011 ACL season, that was just the second game Berry has missed since coming to the Chiefs. The Chiefs play the Patriots on Monday so they'll want Berry back to deal with The Gronk.

Basically, with NE you have to stop Gronk. Take him out of the game with double teams. Luckily, Berry and Abdullah are two physical safeties which favors our D. It will be short, quick routes for Amendola and Edelman. Vereen is playing a role very similar to that of Faulk. Catching balls out of the backfield. He's there 3rd down guy.

Ball control, ball control, ball control. Let's keep our D fresh so we can get after Bratty like we did at Miami. B)

Basically, with NE you have to stop Gronk. Take him out of the game with double teams. Luckily, Berry and Abdullah are two physical safeties which favors our D. It will be short, quick routes for Amendola and Edelman. Vereen is playing a role very similar to that of Faulk. Catching balls out of the backfield. He's there 3rd down guy.

Ball control, ball control, ball control. Let's keep our D fresh so we can get after Bratty like we did at Miami. B)

We are going to get him. Raiders destroyed their OLINE with 4 rushers.

Gronk & Amendola were non factors in the Raider game as much as I saw. I agree with Mongo altho I do not seeing the Chiefs victory i think it will be much like the Denver game

Guest Gochiefsgo

The guy to watch out for is Edelman and the Chiefs must know that the patriots are definitely going to run the ball with gusto after the Chiefs allowed 7.1 yards per carry last week.

Guest Gochiefsgo

The guy to watch out for is Edelman and the Chiefs must know that the patriots are definitely going to run the ball with gusto after the Chiefs allowed 7.1 yards per carry last week.

This is not going to be an easy game.

Tommy and Billy won't get embarrassed on Monday night. If anything it kind of sucks that they have looked like shit the last few weeks, because they will probably want to prove everyone wrong.

Patriots are going to come to play and the Chiefs need to play a flawless game to win this one. 

Tommy and Billy won't get embarrassed on Monday night. If anything it kind of sucks that they have looked like shit the last few weeks, because they will probably want to prove everyone wrong.

Patriots are going to come to play and the Chiefs need to play a flawless game to win this one. 

^^^THIS!!

NE is not going to come out a lay down for the Chiefs. I think we have to come out and hit them in mouth right off the bat! Don't let them gain any confidence or momentum. Bill and Brady are masters at overcoming adversity. I think it's what motivates them.

Everyone expected them to beat Oakland, so they played down to unintentionally played down to their level. Although they are 3 point favorites to us, everyone is talking about the "demise of the pats".

I think they come out to play, and I think they are going to go hard for 60 min!

All that means, is that we are going to have to go HARDER!!!

IMO, Reid and Smith are going to have to have an almost flawless game.

The difference from the past is they don't have homerun ability anymore. As for them running it down our throats for 7ypc, not with that line and those backs. It's going to be a tight game. Mirror image.

The difference from the past is they don't have homerun ability anymore. As for them running it down our throats for 7ypc, not with that line and those backs. It's going to be a tight game. Mirror image.

Miami's line and Lamar Miller are far worse than the Patriots line and Shane Vereen/Steven Ridley

If Miami could get 7 yard a carry against us. NE has the ability to get more. Muaga and JMJ need to step up big time this game.

Of course we were getting gashed by Lamar Miller until Philbin took the ball from him.

lol

I can say with 100% confidence I am glad we don't have the dolphins play caller on our staff. I could only imagine how many things I would break in my house every week having to watch that.

1st drive of the game was just comical. 3rd and 10 on the 45 and you run a draw play....I was just like ummm okay thanks. 

Archived