AFCC - Bengals @ Chiefs

12 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Everyone brings up that whistle, it literally had no effect on the game.  The players did not stop because of the whistle, and that guy was so wide open, no one could of made the play.  It's just an argument point now versus having any real effect on the game.

AND. They could, likely,  have still scored.

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The Raiders game..wasn't that the ignored whistle game?

No.  His crew worked our @Raiders game and Browns game.  The crew that worked the whistle game was Jerome Boger's.  They have been relinquished of any more duties this postseason.

27 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

Just a little word of wisdom and I hope the Chiefs listen.. Double that Chase guy..... 

This is the kind of outside the box thinking that I like to see. Too bad Spags mentality is "if you fail once, try again over and over and over". We had a rookie and a 2nd year receiver break records against us in the span of 3 weeks. 

Chiefs still getting no respect. Its all Allen, overtime rules, Bills are great, Burrow beat them before, Brady, Rogers, the squib kick and very little KC. In fact the miracle 13 second come back is a brief tid bit. Its more Bills blew it than Chiefs and Mahomes execution. Most QBs dont hit both of those completions.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

No.  His crew worked our @Raiders game and Browns game.  The crew that worked the whistle game was Jerome Boger's.  They have been relinquished of any more duties this postseason.

That crew is pretty good.

“Hello boys, this is tighter than a gnat's ass stretched over a rain barrel.“ Bill Vinovich on the Damien Williams TD review in Super Bowl LIV

38 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs still getting no respect. Its all Allen, overtime rules, Bills are great, Burrow beat them before, Brady, Rogers, the squib kick and very little KC. In fact the miracle 13 second come back is a brief tid bit. Its more Bills blew it than Chiefs and Mahomes execution. Most QBs dont hit both of those completions.

People have forgotten about scoring in 13 seconds and straight to how the OT rules aren't fair.  I see both sides because we have been on both sides of that ending.  I also remember when all it took was a field goal and kickoffs were almost always ran out and teams had to go 40-50 yards and were in FG range.

I guess I am just old school and first team to six wins.  To me this is why teams have to have a little bit of balance.  If you have 0 defense and you go to OT you're screwed but if you have some balance you could force a punt or hold to a FG. 

Nobody threw a fit and cried about OT rules when Tebow had his 1 play walk off TD against the Steelers....why....Broncos were 8-8 and were the underdog and the Steelers were 12-4.

1 minute ago, DefensiveMan said:

Need to clean up that secondary and fast. Chris Jones & Sneed need to wake up. They both had their poorest game of the year against Buffalo. Ingram, was our best D Lineman. Gay and Bolton need to stay on the field. 

Yup. And just like someone else mentioned, double Chase all the time!! That's burrows travis Kelce, security blanket. 

To be honest the Bengals remind me of the Chiefs last year in the Super Bowl.  Lots of weapons but absoluley no line.  Let the front 4 go after them and just sit back and make them go the long way down the field.  They are a big play offense, take it away or at least slow it down.

31 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

To be honest the Bengals remind me of the Chiefs last year in the Super Bowl.  Lots of weapons but absoluley no line.  Let the front 4 go after them and just sit back and make them go the long way down the field.  They are a big play offense, take it away or at least slow it down.

if the titans got 9 sacks we should be able to get at least 4

30 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I am glad we lost to them. Got that nasty taste fresh in our mouth. I think we beat them chumps down. They are in our house now. 

Agree 100%. Pretty sure Buffalo is a far better team than Cincy, and without TM in our defensive backfield, we were a little outgunned. Sounds like he'll be back for Sunday, and hopefully Fenton will be too. If we get those guys, our DL will be able to pin their ears.

The key is to not allow overconfidence regarding the cincy OL... who has been abused all season. All the media is saying is "how bad the cincy OL is" and I'm worried that will piss them off and motivate them.

We need to stuff Mixon (like last time, held him to 46 yd) and keep Burrow running for his life.

We sacked him 4 times, but he still had an amazing game. We scored 28 in the 1st half, but only 3 in the second.

With no turnovers, I have no idea what happened in that 2nd half. I remember being pissed at the refs... I could see how they helped prolong Bengals drives, just not sure how they could have stopped our offense which could only muster a FG in an entire half.

That will need to change.

7 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Explain again why we should care about what a bunch of attention seeking "journalists" say or write in hopes that later events will prove them correct.  Final score Sunday is all that matters.