AFCC - Bengals @ Chiefs

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

if you need motivation in the AFCCG ..I mean WTF?

Willie McGinest was telling a story about their trip to Pittsburgh in 2005 for the AFCCG and Pitt players apparently planned a big championship party... the Pats got word of it and according to Willie it was a big reason why they totally dominated the game at Heinz field.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

These guys take that stuff serious. Even Brady used negative press to get extra motivation and to motivate team players. . Any little edge can be a difference maker. So yes it can provide extra motivation. Same as incentive bonuses. Some guys play for that extra play off money. Not everyone makes 15 million plus per year.

13 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Need to clean up that secondary and fast. Chris Jones & Sneed need to wake up. They both had their poorest game of the year against Buffalo. Ingram, was our best D Lineman. Gay and Bolton need to stay on the field. 

It sounds like both Fenton and Mathieu are a go so that should help a lot.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Even if it's not that critical for the motivation it would still help a lot with the focus. Players tend to feel a bit more relaxed until they are hit by the ugly truth in the game but focus at this point would help avoid that.

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

These guys take that stuff serious. Even Brady used negative press to get extra motivation and to motivate team players. . Any little edge can be a difference maker. So yes it can provide extra motivation. Same as incentive bonuses. Some guys play for that extra play off money. Not everyone makes 15 million plus per year.

I remember before the 2018 AFCCG Brady said something like it felt like us against the world.  At the time we were the shiny new toy for everybody to fawn over.  Mahomes was the likeable dude Andy was the coach that had never won the big one we were the underdog so I'm sure it did feel like most outside of Boston were against them cause they were.  I think even Edelman had tshirts printed up that said us against the world.  

I read a story that Jordan would do the same thing take any criticism anything negative and use it as fuel.  Its not the main motovating factor but these guys do hear and listen and take it in.  

"In the SEC, every single week it seems like every stadium is really loud, there's hundreds of thousands of people," Burrow said Wednesday. "This one is going to be similar. We expect it to be really loud, we're talking about it throughout the week. We're going to have to be great with our communication, our non-verbal communication, just like every week on the road."

Burrow has addressed potentially difficult road environments during the regular season, pointing to his time at Louisiana State by telling reporters it "gets way louder in the SEC than in any of these NFL stadiums." Former Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes doesn't believe Burrow understands the setting he'll be walking into this weekend, tweeting Burrow "is in for a rude awakening."

Burrow is kind of right about college stadiums since some of them do hold more people. That's why Arrowhead is compared to college stadiums because they're so loud.

Living in SEC country, I seen a lot of those games, and it does get very loud. You have the regular fans, then all those excited college kids yelling. 

47 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

"In the SEC, every single week it seems like every stadium is really loud, there's hundreds of thousands of people," Burrow said Wednesday. "This one is going to be similar. We expect it to be really loud, we're talking about it throughout the week. We're going to have to be great with our communication, our non-verbal communication, just like every week on the road."

Burrow has addressed potentially difficult road environments during the regular season, pointing to his time at Louisiana State by telling reporters it "gets way louder in the SEC than in any of these NFL stadiums." Former Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes doesn't believe Burrow understands the setting he'll be walking into this weekend, tweeting Burrow "is in for a rude awakening."

This seems like a challenge to all the Chiefs fans in attendance.

make-it-so-picard.gif

Tyrann Mathieu (concussion) did not practice Wednesday.

Mathieu remains in concussion protocol. Andy Reid said he is feeling well and "there's a chance, if everything works out, that he'll be able to get back" ahead of the Chiefs' AFC Championship game against the Bengals. No other Kansas City player was absent from practice on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Tyrann Mathieu (concussion) did not practice Wednesday.

Mathieu remains in concussion protocol. Andy Reid said he is feeling well and "there's a chance, if everything works out, that he'll be able to get back" ahead of the Chiefs' AFC Championship game against the Bengals. No other Kansas City player was absent from practice on Wednesday.

Hell ya. Give HB a few days off, come back on Friday for a practice, then get after it.

1 hour ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Unfortunately, the Chiefs season ends Sunday. Defense won't be able to get Burrow and the Bengals off the field. Patrick will have one of his worst playoff games. We can't win them all.

Bengals 35 Chiefs 21

I still love The Kingdom!

Take the last train.