AFCC - Bengals @ Chiefs

Just now, dhitter said:

These are all great! Did we win that game? I mean nine sacks by the Titans and they still beat them. I think the Chiefs win but it seems like it's pretty hard to break Burrow.

Pretty sure playing Mahomes in the playoffs is slightly different than playing Tannehill.  A bit of a different defensive gameplan is called for but otherwise...

Chiefs actually had a higher pressure rate vs Cinci than the Titans did in the playoff game.  I think you'll also see more stunts in this game than the last.  Bengals interior OLine does not do well with a DLine that runs games on them.  We have at least 4 guys who are really good with that.

56 minutes ago, dhitter said:

These are all great! Did we win that game? I mean nine sacks by the Titans and they still beat them. I think the Chiefs win but it seems like it's pretty hard to break Burrow.

Titans more or less  beat themselves.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Titans more or less  beat themselves.

Titans beat themselves and still held bengals to 19. 
I don’t think chiefs defense can hold bengals to 19 even if there is zero turnovers  and limited penalties. 
with that all said, we just need the defense to get a few stops. 
3rd down is where we need to shine! 

7 minutes ago, xen said:

Reminder KC played the first Cinci game without a left tackle, on the road, didn't respect Chase and Burrow, and still should have won.  They have our teams full attention now.  I do expect a different outcome.

I will reiterate ...I think we should win this game. Chiefs defense last week didn't just look bad....they looked inept. That is hard to swallow. It took a transcendent QB to pull it out. We get Mathieu and Fenton back I'm trusting it will look different

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

I will reiterate ...I think we should win this game. Chiefs defense last week didn't just look bad....they looked inept. That is hard to swallow. It took a transcendent QB to pull it out. We get Mathieu and Fenton back I'm trusting it will look different

That’s a harsh. The held them to 20ish through 3.5. Had them in multiple 4th down situations. Inept isn’t the word is use. Struggled late for sure. Spags does them no favors not adjusting at times.

13 minutes ago, Calichief said:

That’s a harsh. The held them to 20ish through 3.5. Had them in multiple 4th down situations. Inept isn’t the word is use. Struggled late for sure. Spags does them no favors not adjusting at times.

Inept is harsh. Falling down? Constantly taking bad angles? Missed tackles by the buttload? Most of these guys have played since middle school and are now paid a lot of money at the highest level. It looked inept. Now if you want to throw a high percentage of that on the coaching? I'd be okay with that.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

They eliminated Diggs from the game. Belichick-esque. The problem is a Belichick defense doesn't eliminate a teams biggest weapon while letting another player essentially run free all day long while setting records.

Some of that was definitely due to Badger not being there. Some of it is due to the fact that in our nickel and dime package we have 2 absolute bums on the field every snap. The Chiefs still don't have enough speed, talent and depth on defense to bracket one player all day long and still remain sound everywhere else. 

This will get addressed in the offseason. But for today...it remains worrisome. I still think we win by 2 TDs.

Chiefs removed S Tyrann Mathieu (concussion) has been removed from the injury report and will play in the AFC Championship against the Bengals.

Full practices on Thursday and Friday made this move all but certain. Mathieu will play with no limitations versus the Bengals. His presence will give the Chiefs' defense some extra juice against a surging Cincinnati offense. Mathieu has three interceptions and six pass defenses on the year.

Darrel Williams (toe) is active for the AFC Championship game against the Bengals.

With Jerick McKinnon emerging as a play-maker and Clyde Edwards-Helaire well past his shoulder injury, Williams shouldn't get much run in this game. Inactive for the Chiefs are QB Shane Buechele, CB DeAndre Baker, RB Derrick Gore, DE Joshua Kaindoh, OT Prince Tega Wanogho, and DT Khalen Sau

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Darrel Williams (toe) is active for the AFC Championship game against the Bengals.

With Jerick McKinnon emerging as a play-maker and Clyde Edwards-Helaire well past his shoulder injury, Williams shouldn't get much run in this game. Inactive for the Chiefs are QB Shane Buechele, CB DeAndre Baker, RB Derrick Gore, DE Joshua Kaindoh, OT Prince Tega Wanogho, and DT Khalen Sau

You never know with a Williams in the playoffs

39 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They eliminated Diggs from the game. Belichick-esque. The problem is a Belichick defense doesn't eliminate a teams biggest weapon while letting another player essentially run free all day long while setting records.

Some of that was definitely due to Badger not being there. Some of it is due to the fact that in our nickel and dime package we have 2 absolute bums on the field every snap. The Chiefs still don't have enough speed, talent and depth on defense to bracket one player all day long and still remain sound everywhere else. 

This will get addressed in the offseason. But for today...it remains worrisome. I still think we win by 2 TDs.

2 tds sounds right.  Bengals aren’t ready for this, and reality is about to slap the shit out of them.