Chiefs 3 TE formation

Here's a link to an interesting article about the Chief's use of 3 TEs:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/9/23/6827939/kansas-city-chiefs-tight-ends-dolphins-game

(I can't get the copy & paste function to work on this website or else I would have copied and pasted the article here too.)

Here's the concluding paragraph of the article:

"All you can do is grit your teeth, hope for the best, and curse Andy Reid for having the stones to change his approach to the game after all these years."

Cool article. Hopefully they use this against a good New England pass rush. The patriots keep everything underneath. I watched the whole raiders game. We have a better than good chance to beat the patriots. They have no big play ability and we haven't gotton beat over the top this year. It's going to be a close game but the chiefs can ball control them to death.

Cool article. Hopefully they use this against a good New England pass rush. The patriots keep everything underneath. I watched the whole raiders game. We have a better than good chance to beat the patriots. They have no big play ability and we haven't gotton beat over the top this year. It's going to be a close game but the chiefs can ball control them to death.

They still have that wilfork guy though. 

:D

Well if they keep everything underneath, then that plays into our strengths. Smith/Reid don't usually try to go "up top" very much, so we should be okay. I wouldn't mess around with the NE Corners too much..(Revis and Browner) They are good!

Well if they keep everything underneath, then that plays into our strengths. Smith/Reid don't usually try to go "up top" very much, so we should be okay. I wouldn't mess around with the NE Corners too much..(Revis and Browner) They are good!

Exactly. Plays right into our hand

Another key- our special teams better not suck

Don't try to get air under it Santos, just kick it out of the endzone because our coverage is liable to give a 40-70 yard kick return on any kick, depending on penalties.

And to our punt returners, don't field it on the 3, especially a fair catch. Why do that? Worst case scenario they down it at the 1- two yards back. Best case - touchback. If you field it, you can muff it. No penalties!

Punter - good job do far, exceptional maybe. Just no penalties!

Kickoff - kick the touchback! Punt - you can try to pin them back.

Archived