Okay. So I have to admit. I am damn nervous about our defense in this game. 
Fenton looks to be on track and if I had to hedge my bet I think HB plays as well. 
with that said, what kind of strategy do u think we employ? 2 high with saftey shadowing chase? 
I know in last meeting there were questionable ref calls that extended there drives and lucky one on one catches but there was also wide open catches. 
I guess I’m looking for some knowledge on this so I can’t stop shitting my pants. 
thank u coalition. 

3 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Okay. So I have to admit. I am damn nervous about our defense in this game. 
Fenton looks to be on track and if I had to hedge my bet I think HB plays as well. 
with that said, what kind of strategy do u think we employ? 2 high with saftey shadowing chase? 
I know in last meeting there were questionable ref calls that extended there drives and lucky one on one catches but there was also wide open catches. 
I guess I’m looking for some knowledge on this so I can’t stop shitting my pants. 
thank u coalition. 

Chiefs must pressure , pressure, pressure Burrow. They need to get a lead so they can send the troops. KC secondary needs a pass rush for any reasonable success. 

Dont defer! Get the ball and get the lead.

Just now, azchief21 said:

Would be nice if we could get pressure with just the front 4 (We pay them enough!) to allow the extra coverage behind.

Agree but unfortunately pay grade assures nothing. KC scored 28 in the first half last time. Hard to figure what happened in the second half. My view is the offense lost that game.

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs must pressure , pressure, pressure Burrow. They need to get a lead so they can send the troops. KC secondary needs a pass rush for any reasonable success. 

I was all good with ya till you said dont defer...Deferring is GOOD.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

I was all good with ya till you said dont defer...Deferring is GOOD.

Not if your defense get torched. Thats playing into Cinn game plan. They want to run it some to keep the pressure off Burrow. If behind they are going to be more predictable on offense and Spags can do his blitzing thing. I dont want to see Cinn with the lead.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Not if your defense get torched. Thats playing into Cinn game plan. They want to run it some to keep the pressure off Burrow. If behind they are going to be more predictable on offense and Spags can do his blitzing thing. I dont want to see Cinn with the lead.

Yea, I know what your saying but Damn...the defense has to come to play too. All were asking them to do is get a stop or two in the first half..

We get a lead and get the ball in the second half and now it's GAME ON!

19 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Agree but unfortunately pay grade assures nothing. KC scored 28 in the first half last time. Hard to figure what happened in the second half. My view is the offense lost that game.

We scored 31 overall, 28 in 1st half. Doesn't matter when we score them. 31 should win a game.

27 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

he was sacked 9 times  and still won.JMO if we cant get a rush with just the front 4 and have to revert to blitzing we are sunk. 3 Interceptions won vs 9 sacks..who'da thought?

24 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

he was sacked 9 times  and still won.JMO if we cant get a rush with just the front 4 and have to revert to blitzing we are sunk. 3 Interceptions won vs 9 sacks..who'da thought?

Disagree. That was against a Tenn team that gave the game away. KC front just does not have the talent to get enough pressure with 4. Get the lead and blitz.

35 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, I know what your saying but Damn...the defense has to come to play too. All were asking them to do is get a stop or two in the first half..

We get a lead and get the ball in the second half and now it's GAME ON!

Sure. The defense is what it is. Good offenses score against KC. It just needs a few stops especially now that Playoff Mahomes is Alive & Well.

Chiefs S Tyrann Mathieu (concussion) returned to practice Thursday. 

The Chiefs have yet to release Mathieu's official Thursday status, but it will likely be "limited" following Wednesday's DNP. Coach Andy Reid has expressed optimism Mathieu will be ready after going down on the opening drive of Sunday's Divisional Round win over the Bills. The Bengals are yet another lethal passing attack, one where Mathieu's presence would make an enormous difference for a defense that has been getting shredded through the air of late. 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Disagree. That was against a Tenn team that gave the game away. KC front just does not have the talent to get enough pressure with 4. Get the lead and blitz.

Ingram, Jones and Clark are talented enough to create pressure.  

We are the 2 time defending AFC Champs hosting our 4th consecutive AFCCG.  We are playing against a 2nd year quarterback playing for a #4 seeded team that prior to this year hadn't won a playoff game since 1990.  We defer.  We play like we play.  We should absolutely not change what we do and play scared against this team.   Sure you adjust to Chase and you game plan, but I sure hope the message to the team is not that we are scared to kick off to Joe fucking Burrow to start the game.  

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Ingram, Jones and Clark are talented enough to create pressure.  

We are the 2 time defending AFC Champs hosting our 4th consecutive AFCCG.  We are playing against a 2nd year quarterback playing for a #4 seeded team that prior to this year hadn't won a playoff game since 1990.  We defer.  We play like we play.  We should absolutely not change what we do and play scared against this team.   Sure you adjust to Chase and you game plan, but I sure hope the message to the team is not that we are scared to kick off to Joe fucking Burrow to start the game.  

Its strategy not a fear statement. Its not playing scared. If you double Chase this time is it fear or strategy? 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

So after 3 years of deferring and having unprecedented success we are afraid to give them the ball first and that's strategy?

Look its a play off game. Nobody is afraid. This is not your average team or average QB. KC did not win every game when they deferred. My point is a simple strategy. Get the lead first. So its confidence KC will score 7 vs fear. Burrow will also likely score on that first drive. Not fear its more of reality check. So I prefer, not fear, playing with the lead. Thats a STRATEGY. KC changes there strategies all game long. Its called adjustments.

SO I GUESS YOU ARE AFRAID.

Thanks everyone.

I haven’t gone back to watch the previous matchup with bengals but will do as I want to see what our front 4 did. We did get four sacks. 
I don’t think we should change our approach offensively or special teams wise to this game but we sure need to fuckin change the defense strategy and what spags trotted out last time. 

24 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Look its a play off game. Nobody is afraid. This is not your average team or average QB. KC did not win every game when they deferred. My point is a simple strategy. Get the lead first. So its confidence KC will score 7 vs fear. Burrow will also likely score on that first drive. Not fear its more of reality check. So I prefer, not fear, playing with the lead. Thats a STRATEGY. KC changes there strategies all game long. Its called adjustments.

There are actual meaningful reasons to defer. Adrenaline helps defenders and hurts offenses. Crowd noise is louder to start the game. Wind dies down later so picking a goal gets less important.  If we play well joe burrow is in too deep. 

Some notes

• Safety Tyrann Mathieu (concussion) made his return to the field on Thursday and was a full participant — though he remains in the concussion protocol, it’s a good sign that he is progressing toward playing in the AFC championship on Sunday. The same can be said for cornerback Rashad Fenton (back), who has missed the last two games but has now been a full practice participant for two days in a row.
  • As Mathieu and Fenton trended toward playing, it seems that the Chiefs felt the need to ease up on running back Darrel Williams (toe), who was limited Thursday after being a full participant on Wednesday. Williams’ practice status on Friday should be a good determinant in whether he plays on Sunday

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

The thing I like about deferring, is you have an option to score on the last possession of the first half, and again on the 1st possession of the second half. That's a potential 14 pt swing.

18 minutes ago, mex said:

The thing I like about deferring, is you have an option to score on the last possession of the first half, and again on the 1st possession of the second half. That's a potential 14 pt swing.

Sure if everything goes perfect. Getting the ball last before half is not guaranteed. Im just saying for this game SCORE. Get a lead and stay in front. Even when they tie the game your still in command by scoring again. Thinking KC can put pressure with just the front 4, even against a lousy oline, has proven not be be reality. KC needs a lead to take some chances with blitzing and eventually knows the other team must pass to catch up. I have never bought into the BS stats that say KC defense is good at anything. Against top QBs and top offenses they get lit.  I expect they will in this game as they did last time these two teams met.